From Russia With Love [#40]: Summer 2021 & into the Olympic season

Status
Not open for further replies.

hanca

Values her privacy
😲😲 did these people not learn physiology and anatomy in college?
I think Mozer is basing everything on who she likes rather than using common sense. For example, she used to like Zabijako and forgave her when Zabijako struggled with jumps. She is now completely blind to Pepeleva’s struggles. On the other hand, when she doesn’t like someone, she kicks them out. Vera Bazarova, Mukhametzianova… even what they did to Lina Fedorova, that also seemed personal. Miroshkin got injured while having compulsory medical. So Fedorova was waiting for him for a year, and when he finally got back, she was told that she won’t be skating with him any more. I understand that she struggled with jumps, she either didn’t have triples or had them very inconsistent so they never did them (at that time triples were not needed as much as they are now), but surely they could have told her earlier. They wasted a year of her time, and then told her, that’s not very decent behaviour.

taz'smum

'Be Kind' - every skater has their own story
Svinin/Zhuk seem to be useless with politiking. And the judges eat up the pablum that Morozov serves cold. So, win/win.
Totally agree!
Kudos to them that they recognized their lack of 'politiking' skills and did something about it.
Probably the Eteri moves to promote Diana made them wake up and make their own counter move!

irenemulindwairen

Totally agree!
Kudos to them that they recognized their lack of 'politiking' skills and did something about it.
Probably the Eteri moves to promote Diana made them wake up and make their own counter move!
It was about time they (Zhuk Svinin) did something. They became too comfortable with the way things were going for them. Diana's sudden rise has served them with a rude awakening.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
It was about time they (Zhuk Svinin) did something. They became too comfortable with the way things were going for them. Diana's sudden rise has served them with a rude awakening.
They need not to worry only with Diana
Krylovas New School have their new stars and cultivating junior home grown students

StepBukin needed a push, not sure a Trio or SvininZhuk-Morozov-Gorshkov mentorship is enough.

irenemulindwairen

They need not to worry only with Diana
Krylovas New School have their new stars and cultivating junior home grown students

StepBukin needed a push, not sure a Trio or SvininZhuk-Morozov-Gorshkov mentorship is enough.
You are right. The top coaches you mentioned are not not enough. I just wish Bukin had a stronger female partner.

Sylvia

TBD
I asked in the Santa Claus Cup competition thread earlier today about Vlada Pavlenina/Alexander Aleksanyan (had to Google their names - they placed 10th in Senior ice dance at 2021 Russian Nationals) who are in Budapest this week -- are there any "rules" for Russian skaters to be able to compete at Senior B internationals?

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Well, well, well, Skoptcova/Aleshin just scored 199.41 to win Santa Clais Cup. That's only .49 less than DavSmo scored in their wildly over-scored Warsaw Cup result last month. The race for Russia #3/4 at RusNats is going to be a nail-biter! Don't let's keep assuming that this is in the bag for Team Eteri!

winterchik

Well, well, well, Skoptcova/Aleshin just scored 199.41 to win Santa Clais Cup. That's only .49 less than DavSmo scored in their wildly over-scored Warsaw Cup result last month. The race for Russia #3/4 at RusNats is going to be a nail-biter! Don't let's keep assuming that this is in the bag for Team Eteri!
easy to see which competitions are cooked ..Why is ISU allowing this !!!

two weeks ago .. the same type of skating gave them a total of 180.93 .. a big difference ...

the same thing happend in Warsaw and will most likely happen in Zagreb

RUS

taz'smum

'Be Kind' - every skater has their own story
so it should shut up all the furious reactions from D/S scores
who cares really ? these are B events same as D/S
D/S's score was at a challenger, so counts for their ISU season's best - With such a high SB, they will almost definitely get 2 GPs next season.
S/A's score is at a B international, so will not count as an ISU season's best.

Bigbird

D/S's score was at a challenger, so counts for their ISU season's best - With such a high SB, they will almost definitely get 2 GPs next season.
S/A's score is at a B international, so will not count as an ISU season's best.
To be honest I prefer D/S. S/A no longer fit as a pair. She seems very wooden, stiff. It's like she's so focused on appearances she forgot how to skate. He, OTOH I really like. If only he wasn't being trained by Kustarova et al. If he were to start over at the IAM with a new partner, that would be something. D/S's only real faux pas this season is that dreadful FD, the RD when done properly has a really good street vibe. They both know how to dance and that must be a plus.

hanca

Values her privacy
To be honest I prefer D/S. S/A no longer fit as a pair. She seems very wooden, stiff. It's like she's so focused on appearances she forgot how to skate. He, OTOH I really like. If only he wasn't being trained by Kustarova et al. If he were to start over at the IAM with a new partner, that would be something. D/S's only real faux pas this season is that dreadful FD, the RD when done properly has a really good street vibe. They both know how to dance and that must be a plus.
So do I, but it is clearly very unpopular opinion on this forum. Everyone is so concerned about Tutberidze that I think it prevents them to see that D/S are actually quite a decent dance couple. I think people would view Diana’s skating differently if she wasn’t Tutberidze’s daughter. Yes, the mark that they got at one competition was too high, but everyone was overmarked at that competition. It just happens that from time to time there is a competition where skaters are marked quite high, and that there are competitions that are super stingy with their marks. But the way everyone here panicked, it is just unbelievable.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
the only talented junior lady ice dancer is Irina Khavronina, she is tall but her posture is so good just look at her back posture
she looks like a ballroom dancer, she has supple knees and very good skating skills, reminds me of Krylova but a better version.

too bad her partner Cirisano is short and isn't as good as her.

Primorskaya

That's why it's called the Santa Claus Cup. Free points!
Olympic year score inflation is a thing. I'm keeping my popcorn out, this ain't over. And I don't even dislike D/S ;)

Ka3sha

The White Crow is back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information