From Russia with Love [#35]: Winter 2019

Bellanca

Alina Zagitova will debut her new programme, "Notre-Dame De Paris", at the upcoming all champions show "Russia, forward!". At present the programme is arranged for the show, but maybe kept for competitions.

Apparently Alina "won something at Zakariyan's Oskar" and was invited to attend Montreal event, so she had to have a show number because she was required to skate.
Many thanks 🙏 to you, @Tinami Amori, for providing to all AZ fans these updates re our lovely Olympic and World champion. Sure appreciate it. 👍

J

Jeschke

Liudmila Velikova: Mishina/Gallymov left our group and are now training at Moskvina’s school. They brought two bouquets and said goodbye.
I thought G's temper at practice was kinda 🙄 :glamor:
Let’s see how Moskvina handles :D
(And hopefully they get rid of that awful new SP right to start with)

Last edited by a moderator:

mjb52

Who is the top team left for the Velikovs now? I should probably know this, but I'm not sure.

Tinami Amori

Galyamov: yes, we switched to Tamara Moskvina... Tamara Nikolaevna invited/asked us to, so that we can improve professionally.

Tinami Amori

Russian Ministry of Sports postponed all athletic events and shows in Russia until further notice. It includes "Russia Forward", Eteri Tutberidze's "Champions on Ice" in all 5 cities in Russia, Alena Leonova's "Exhibition Show", etc...

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
Galyamov: yes, we switched to Tamara Moskvina... Tamara Nikolaevna invited/asked us to, so that we can improve professionally.
I think that might be the last piece of the puzzle :cheer2:

NAOTMAA

Eislauffan

Russian Ministry of Sports postponed all athletic events and shows in Russia until further notice. It includes "Russia Forward", Eteri Tutberidze's "Champions on Ice" in all 5 cities in Russia, Alena Leonova's "Exhibition Show", etc...

The Spartakiade this week apparently is still happening, though.

Tinami Amori

The Spartakiade this week apparently is still happening, though.
true. but without audience, just few people at the time inside the arena, athletes and judges and tech staff. that is the report from the venue.

Currently - Usacheva in 1st and Akatieva is in 2nd after SP (Both with Eteri and coaching group)
Scores

Usacheva SP
Akatieva SP

All videos from the event, the rest of Ladies and Dance teams.

clairecloutier

Tinami Amori

TV Show "Ice Age" status for 2020.

Alina Zagitova was offered a role in the show. She declined. Tuktamysheva and Sotskova were also offered the roles, and it is said that Tuktamysheva also declined once learned that Zagitova declined. It is also said that now 2020 edition of the show is in question, may not run this year.

The show producers decided to change format, instead of skating celebrities from all 4 disciplines pairing up with non-skating celebrities, it was to be single ladies skaters pairing up with male pairs skaters and skating pairs routines.

Here is one of the links about it, in Russian.

NAOTMAA

I think going to Moskvina may do a lot for them. They need to develop style and personality and get some new choreography and Moskvina may be the right coach for them. If she invited them she must believe in them and have ideas for them.

The move is surely PCS related. All season long its been their most glaring issue because technically they've been mostly fine. In France when both teams went clean the judges went with P/K, mainly due to the PCS. At NHK despite coming off a gold medal and being the top Russian team their PCS barely saw a bump (although I think other factors were part of that too). At the GPF B/K's disastrous free still beat their more clean skate PCS wise. And at Russian nationals, despite skating cleanly a more technically demanding free skate, they still lost in the second mark to a sloppy P/K by over a point and also were trounced by B/K and T/M by over five. Of course you could say it was all due to the fact it was their debut senior season but they probably felt a little disappointed regardless and Moskvina's offer felt like the medicine the doctor ordered.

I wonder who their second coach will be. B/K have Artur Minchuk so I doubt they will have him too. I know Oleg Vasiliev is working with Tamara's group and with Efimova/Korovin no longer around perhaps he will take on M/G. He's very good with the basics and they could use the polishing

Dobre

I don't find that they lack either, though I've only seen them live once and it was a year-and-a-half ago when I was only comparing them to other junior teams. Obviously speed is relative here. Compared to some teams, I'm sure they do lack speed. Mishina certainly has far more expression than P&K, IMHO.

In any case, I don't think Moskvina takes athletes without talent. If she thinks M&G have the goods, I'd say that's enough of an expert opinion for me;). They need polish & good material, both of which their new coach is pretty good at, IMO.

Though my Sui & Han are in another league, naturally. (May they stay healthy, please:drama:).

Last edited:

starrynight

Short interview with Kostornaia. Seems she has a clear post-skating plan already set out. At the time of the interview, she was planning on entering university next year to study either journalism or medicine - two very different choices! I expect studying journalism would be much more compatible with continuing to train.

TV Show "Ice Age" status for 2020.

Alina Zagitova was offered a role in the show. She declined. Tuktamysheva and Sotskova were also offered the roles, and it is said that Tuktamysheva also declined once learned that Zagitova declined. It is also said that now 2020 edition of the show is in question, may not run this year.

The show producers decided to change format, instead of skating celebrities from all 4 disciplines pairing up with non-skating celebrities, it was to be single ladies skaters pairing up with male pairs skaters and skating pairs routines.

Here is one of the links about it, in Russian.

Why did they decline? Usually television opportunities are welcomed by skaters. Is there something happening with the show that was not appealing?

EDIT: Now that I think of it, there would likely be an injury risk associated with Tukt, Zagitova attempting pairs with little training time. Particularly if either has show contracts and/or competition goals. As much as I truly truly would have loved to see those two ladies try it.

Although Zagitova did do some pairs style moves with Hotarek in shows, which I thought were successful.

Sensible for Tukt not to do it though. She needs to save her body if she wants to try to land her quad in competition.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information