From Russia with Love [#35]: Winter 2019

starrynight

English translation of a post-Europeans interview with Trusova.

Key points: Trusova isn't currently training the triple axel and basically the rest is a lot about focusing on jumps. Trusova says her coaches are working on presentation with her, but she herself focuses on the jumps.

Last edited:

hanca

Values her privacy
I saw Tarasova after the first day - she was hardly walking, nevermind climbing the stairs. I have no idea how did they get her to that height.
She was fast enough to grab a table in the restaurant area. After the ladies SP, before the pairs, it was quite hard to get a table. A lot of people were standing there in the hall, waiting and looking whether someone will finally get up and leave. We finished our dinner, got up and I have never seen such speed! I swear Tarasova was sitting on the newly vacanted chair before we managed to get from sitting position to fully standing. I was not sure why she would want to mix with the general public; I would have thought they had their own restaurant in the VIP section, but I admired her speed and agility. That was quite unexpected.

hanca

Values her privacy
@hanca , I wouldn't be surprised if she just sat at an occupied table and said to occupants, "This is my table. What are you still doing here?" :lol:
I think there would probably be plenty of people who would gladly give up on their table. So we have to appreciate her restrain, that she actually waited until we finished eating and started getting up. In fact, she didn’t even hover over us shooting nasty looks like some other people tried. One moment she was nowhere nearby, and the next moment she was already sitting on the freshly vacanted chair. The chair could not have been empty longer than a second! I am telling you, when it counts, her legs work better than mine.

Last edited:

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
English translation of a post-Europeans interview with Trusova.

Key points: Trusova isn't currently training the triple axel and basically the rest is a lot about focusing on jumps. Trusova says her coaches are working on presentation with her, but she herself focuses on the jumps.

I like her. However, she sounded like a brat in this interview. I hope it is just the translation.

taz'smum

'Be Kind' - every skater has their own story
All European medalists have been invited to talk-show on Channel 1, it’s on tv right now :)

Nothing really interesting and but it’s nice to see that all of them are getting some attention from media

The press was waiting for the team when they arrived back in Moscow at 2am!
The results certainly didn't go unnoticed!

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...

starrynight

I like her. However, she sounded like a brat in this interview. I hope it is just the translation.

I certainly didn't think that. Although I did think that she sounded like a young girl who has complete tunnel vision on a single thing i.e doing quadruple jumps. But then, when you are young that is how things are. Balance and perspective comes later with age, experience and maturity.

Sure, some of the stuff she says about wanting more and more quads might seem blunt to adults (particularly those who appreciate there'll soon be road bumps with keeping those jumps), but I'm sure from Trusova's perspective, adding more quads and doing those quads is just a fact of life.

Personally, I think Trusova's road to becoming a more artistic skater will be one that will need life experience to make it happen. Right now, she's just a kid who wants to jump.

Last edited:

muffinplus

All European medalists have been invited to talk-show on Channel 1, it’s on tv right now :)

Nothing really interesting and but it’s nice to see that all of them are getting some attention from media

Thanks...just watching it now... Alena's hairstyle looks great

Show host is kind of cringe and questions are boring as usual.. and does Navka need to be there? She honestly makes me cringe as well.

Boikova/Kozlovski are the smartest people there as usual!

Last edited:

Cherub721

YEAH!
Thanks...just watching it now... Alena's hairstyle looks great

Show host is kind of cringe and questions are boring as usual.. and does Navka need to be there? She honestly makes me cringe as well.

Boikova/Kozlovski are the smartest people there as usual!

Do you have the link?

muffinplus

Do you have the link?

In Russian only... and you need VPN

Cherub721

YEAH!

In Russian only... and you need VPN

Thanks :) I was able to search the title, and it is on YouTube also, and viewable within the US: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiLGh3kH-04

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
Thanks :) I was able to search the title, and it is on YouTube also, and viewable within the US: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiLGh3kH-04

I watched it. It's nothing new, really. Just a big talkshow for the Russian viewers in order to have all the medallists present their medals and talk a tiny little bit about their accomplishments at those last Euros. Plus: Navka, Vasiliev, Moskvina, Mishin, Rukavicin, Rosliakov, Zhulin, Mikhailov and Samarin (on the coaches' side, since he failed to medal, I guess).

Cherub721

YEAH!
I watched it. It's nothing new, really. Just a big talkshow for the Russian viewers in order to have all the medallists present their medals and talk a tiny little bit about their accomplishments at those last Euros. Plus: Navka, Vasiliev, Moskvina, Mishin, Rukavicin, Rosliakov, Zhulin, Mikhailov and Samarin (on the coaches' side, since he failed to medal, I guess).

It should be a good Russian practice for me anyway. :)

zebraswan

And why exactly was Kovtun there?

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
And why exactly was Kovtun there?
No idea. I know this talkshow for its previous scandalous issues when everyone on all the sofas was allowed to say a word to contribute to some dirty scandal, but in this case, Kovtun really was just another accessoire, for lack of a better word.

Mad for Skating

Marco

Why wouldn't Artur's team want him at Worlds? A million things could happen next season and he might no longer be able to contend - his own growth spurt, other injuries, return of Kolyada, return to form of Samarin, others surpassing him with harder jumps etc...

Imagine if Sofia had won her Euro title last season and said - wait a minute - perhaps I should wait a year...

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
Why wouldn't Artur's team want him at Worlds? A million things could happen next season and he might no longer be able to contend - his own growth spurt, other injuries, return of Kolyada, return to form of Samarin, others surpassing him with harder jumps etc...
Wait, worlds, or junior worlds?

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
Lol, the interview with all the medallists, the host is asking Stepanova about her `showing' Papadakis where to head for the medals. Apparently Papadakis started slipping and Stepanova simply tried helping her to be steady. Of course it seemed / was interpreted as something different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information