From Russia with Love [#35]: Winter 2019

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I think a clean Liza could beat Trusova- with her multiple falls per program. People want to see clean skating.

What people want to see is not the same as what rules judges must follow. Given Trusova’s tech content she can beat Liza even if Trusova falls twice. In addition to the quads landed, Sasha has more transitions. She doesn’t have Liza’s maturity but jumps are the name of the game. Sasha has the edge there.

Skibean

it’s very unfortunate. I’m all for upping the technical ante- but at what cost? The falls, sloppy skating and lack of maturity really show for Trusova. She’s a hell of a jumper, but quite honestly, that’s all she has. I know it’s the direction skating is taking now, but I would love to see a clean, mature skate be rewarded.

Bigbird

it’s very unfortunate. I’m all for upping the technical ante- but at what cost? The falls, sloppy skating and lack of maturity really show for Trusova. She’s a hell of a jumper, but quite honestly, that’s all she has. I know it’s the direction skating is taking now, but I would love to see a clean, mature skate be rewarded.
Respectfully I disagree. Tuktik has for too long had too many empty programs. When she increases the TES the PCS go even further downhill.

Ka3sha

wickedwitch

Fortunately, you have nothing to be worried about, as the judges have shown that they will reward a clean, mature skate over quads with falls like they did at the GPF.

caseyedwards

Nice look for Stepanova!!!

Aliev breaking Ornaments and breaking hearts!!!!

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C

They do reward Kostornaia.

Amy L

:rofl: So which one of the boys broke their ornament before they even left the building.

King of trainwrecks Aliev of course!

muffinplus

Pictures from the draw at Nationals

Love photo 44 , Trusova's hair :lol: and Tina

Mad for Skating

Pictures from the draw at Nationals

They’re all so stunning! This is why Russian Nationals is one of my favorite competitions of the year.

mjb52

I love Shpilevaya and Smirnov's look, they remind me - and this is the highest of compliments - in one picture of a rakish pirate and his saucy wench.

eta: not from this set, I guess, must be a pic I saw somewhere else.

Skibean

So why are you whining about the current state of ladies skating?

I didn’t realize that it is considered whining to state that I felt Liza could beat Trusova if she skates clean and Trusova falls, and that my opinion is that Trusova is all about the jumps.

Kostornaia had nothing to do with my original post, however she’s not all about the jumps. She has the complete package so far.

Perhaps you need to re-read my post before responding with your odd comments

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I didn’t realize that it is considered whining to state that I felt Liza could beat Trusova if she skates clean and Trusova falls, and that my opinion is that Trusova is all about the jumps.

Kostornaia had nothing to do with my original post, however she’s not all about the jumps. She had the complete package so far.

Perhaps you need to re-read my post before responding with your odd comments

Read your own whole post.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C

This was your post.

Don't cherry pick while defending it. Your post generalized and implied that ladies skating is not rewarding a clean, mature skate. When I pointed out that Kostornaia does get rewarded, you changed your tune.

I love them all. I appreciate what is great about each of them- Sasha, Anna, Alena, Liza, Zhenya- all are my favorites. Sasha and Anna have room to improve but they are young and I am not going to slam them for lacking the maturity of older skaters. Alena is an exceptionally mature young lady and she gets rewarded for what she does. I am sure this will drive Sasha to improve in other areas of her skating.

Last edited:

Skibean

This was your post.

Don't cherry pick while defending it. Your post generalized and implied that ladies skating is not rewarding a clean, mature skate. When I pointed out that Kostornaia does get rewarded, you changed your tune.

I love them all. I appreciate what is great about each of them- Sasha, Anna, Alena, Liza, Zhenya- all are my favorites. Sasha and even Anna have room to improve but they are young and I am not going to slam them for lacking the maturity of older skaters. Alena is an exceptionally mature young lady and she gets rewarded for what she does. I am sure this will drive Sasha to improve in other areas of her skating.
:rolleyes:

my opinion is that I don’t need to explain my post to you. Nor do you need to tell me who you like as a skater, because I didn’t ask and it has nothing to do with what I posted.
If you consider that whining then I’m not sure what your post is considered.

Sylvia

TBD
Rough (machine) translation:
President of the Russian Figure Skating Federation (FFKKR) Alexander Gorshkov confirmed to RIA Novosti that two-time world champion Yevgenia Medvedeva damaged her skate boot during the training of the Russian championship on Thursday: "Yes, there is some kind of problem (with the boot). So far, there has been no talk about this (withdrawal from the championship)," Gorshkov said over the phone.
ETA - this article link was posted by @Ka3sha in the Russian Nationals info thread in the Kiss & Cry section:
Gorshkov confirmed that she broke one of her boots, they had to buy a new pair today
https://tass.ru/sport/7429719

Last edited:

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Unfortunately there are rumors on Russian boards that Medvedeva's boots broke during a practice session, and she's breaking in new boots today. If true, that is really bad news for Evgenia. Anyone who's skated knows the deal.

She wears Edea boots. According to the Edea the boots break in time is really short. Usually one day's hard work out will do it.

alexikeguchi

Unfortunately there are rumors on Russian boards that Medvedeva's boots broke during a practice session, and she's breaking in new boots today. If true, that is really bad news for Evgenia. Anyone who's skated knows the deal.

I'm sure she wants to show two beautiful programs performed to the best of her ability, but honestly, she is probably battling with Tuktamysheva for fourth and wouldn't be qualifying for late season competitions regardless.

Tinami Amori

Evgeniy Pluschenko, his son, and other friends and family members are staring in (his wife's Yana Rudkovskaya) new TV Reality Show - "Yana Super". The shows is announced as "the closest russian analog to the Kardashians. the episodes will raise many interesting life's questions and situations".

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information