From Russia with Love [#35]: Winter 2019

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
I love both Alina and Hotarek, but tbh I think it’s a bit awkward that they hired a 35-year-old man to play the prince when the princess is only 17.
Hotarec doesn't look 35 (is he???) and they need someone who will not drop her, can more or less communicate (Hotarec can more or less understand Russian), is tall enough (Zagitova is tiny, but still taller than most of the pairs girls) and is well, willing to participate that. Am not sure they were left with too many choices.
(They did the same with Lipnitskaya and Plushenko in the Cinderella show). I know it’s just an ice show, but you’d think they could find skaters without such a large age gap.
It's Pluschenko's show, so he could pick anyone he wanted. And Lipnitskaya is not 17... If anything - Sotnikova playing someone who is suppsoed to be what? 50 years older than Lipnitskaya is kind of whaaaat??

Mad for Skating

They need a highly experienced male pairs skater to lift Zagitova - so that he is skilled enough to make up for her lack of experience so he doesn't drop her on her head. There's a lot that ladies in pairs do to get up in those lifts that Zagitova wouldn't know how to do and experience from the man helps them know how to compensate for this. (This was on display during Battle of the Blades).

I expect that if one is picking from retired experienced pairs skaters, they are always going to be a lot older than 17. I actually can't think of any famous retired male pairs skater who is Alina's age who could be casted instead. If I was Zagitova, I'd rather an experienced 35 year old Hotarek lift me than someone with less experience. Some of the younger pairs guys can't get elements right even when the lady is doing everything correct from her end.

The only other option would be to not give Zagitova a lead role because of her age, and that's unlikely to happen. The reality is that retiring so young to go professional puts Zagitova into an adult world. But I think Zagitova has said that she found it really positive to speak to the older more experienced skaters on previous tours as they gave her some insight and advice that was very helpful to her.
Hotarec doesn't look 35 (is he???) and they need someone who will not drop her, can more or less communicate (Hotarec can more or less understand Russian), is tall enough (Zagitova is tiny, but still taller than most of the pairs girls) and is well, willing to participate that. Am not sure they were left with too many choices.

It's Pluschenko's show, so he could pick anyone he wanted. And Lipnitskaya is not 17... If anything - Sotnikova playing someone who is suppsoed to be what? 50 years older than Lipnitskaya is kind of whaaaat??

Ahh yes I see. I didn’t think of the obvious, that the Prince needs to be very good at lifts. Come to think of it, the only male pair skaters I could see in the role would be Kozlovskii or Galliamov (I believe they are both 20 and quite tall).
Hotarek’s ISU bio says he was born in 1984 which would make him 35. He looks great!
Sotnikova as the old fairy godmother did make me laugh pretty hard though :D

hanca

Values her privacy
Ahh yes I see. I didn’t think of the obvious, that the Prince needs to be very good at lifts. Come to think of it, the only male pair skaters I could see in the role would be Kozlovskii or Galliamov (I believe they are both 20 and quite tall).
Hotarek’s ISU bio says he was born in 1984 which would make him 35. He looks great!
Yes, but Hotarek and Kozlovski would have been quite busy - preparing to GPF, the nationals, Europeans, worlds... could they fit in the show?

zounger

Hotarek is a perfect choice to accompany Zagitova in this show and he looks(is) very friendly, fun, supportive and reliable. Regarding the communication independently if he understands Russian (I don't know that) I think they communicate in English.

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
Hotarek is a perfect choice to accompany Zagitova in this show and he looks(is) very friendly, fun, supportive and reliable. Regarding the communication independently if he understands Russian (I don't know that) I think they communicate in English.
I asked him in Turono.whether he speaks Russian, he said not really, but he can understand a lot. Zagitova didnmt dare speaking English in Torino, but I had an impression she mostly understood.

soogar

Why do we assume that a fairy godmother would look old? A fairy godmother would have enough power to retain her youth forever.

Hanna

Skating junkie
Not quite sure where to put this little masterpiece of the exquisitely fluid & musical Kamila Valieva, skating to Eric Radford’s music. Chemnitz gala, a week ago. Sigh. May Valieva be with us at the elite level for many, many years! (Kostornaia and others too.)

I love how this program is devoid of any random leg lifts. :)

:eek:
Wow, that's just... wow. My first thought is how can somebody be so incredibly stupid, but then immediately after it just makes me feel really sad. :fragile: That certainly would've made a good April Fools article.

Ka3sha

Wow, that's just... wow. My first thought is how can somebody be so incredibly stupid, but then immediately after it just makes me feel really sad. :fragile: That certainly would've made a good April Fools article.
Other sources mention Adelina paying those ‘fortune tellers’ to help her younger sister (who has a Treacher-Collins Syndrome).

It doesn’t make situation any better, only much sadder

Tinami Amori

Other sources mention Adelina paying those ‘fortune tellers’ to help her younger sister (who has a Treacher-Collins Syndrome).

It doesn’t make situation any better, only much sadder
... and to return the boyfriend who broke her heart (as she mentioned earlier herself).
"Фигуристка перевела деньги по частям, но так и не дождалась возвращения любимого."
"The skater started to transfer the money (to the sorceress) in chunks, but never got her lover to return".

But! Adelina seems fine as of now..... The news articles state "Sotnikova charms her fans with bedroom photo".

Tinami Amori

Official info why Vasilieva missed RN and Junior Olympics.

Quote from her coach, Davydov:
"No, her health issues are not resolved, which is her joints problems. But her season is not over, she will certainly skate at the Russian Cup Finals. At the end of this week she will resume her training".

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
I love how this program is devoid of any random leg lifts. :)

I am with you! That takes a certain type of stupid!!!

Tinami Amori

My feeling, this article cannot be accurate, right?
It's accurate... Adelina filed an official police report. It's recorded. Police already caught and arrested 2 members of this gang (posing as swamies and faith-changers). it's recorded. The main one, the woman who is a head of the gang, and who was in contact with Adelina, escaped to Ukraine, she can't be extradited, but there is a Federal Warrant of Arrest issued. It's in reputable publication.

The fact of Adelina filing a police report was documented by TASS in October 2019.

insideedgeua

I am with you! That takes a certain type of stupid!!!

I find it incredibly sad. My personal opinion is that people willing to spend a lot of money on this sort of thing are quite desperate. I’m not talking about this case in particular though. It’s the same way I feel about people like John Edward, they’re preying on people who are desperately looking for a sign or some solace when they’ve lost a loved one.

I feel sad for her and hope she finds happiness.

Sylvia

TBD
Anna Shcherbakova performed in the "GalAppennino 2020" show in Fanano, Italy with Daniel Grassl on January 5th - there are glimpses of her in this behind the scenes video:

Photo with Grassl: https://www.instagram.com/p/B6_mHhCpdAr/

soogar

:eek:
I’ve retained the services of psychics. I do believe that their “power” is legitimate and oftentimes you get roped in by a very accurate reading. Then they want to do more work and you start feeling better. They understand your problem and need to do more to help you but it costs.
People can feel devastated at the end of a relationship; and young people feel romantic pain more acutely than older people because of hormones and general inexperience.

Perky Shae Lynn

Adelina is young, in love, and apparently naive. When I look back at my 22 year old self, I think I was incredibly stupid too.

Tinami Amori

Kolyada is back on the ice (per his Instagram). Hopefully, that means that recovering is going well and as planned.
and Chebotareva (his coach) confirmed it to the press:
«Сегодня Миша вышел на первую тренировку. Со здоровьем все у него в порядке», – сказала Чеботарева.
"Today Misha attended his first practice. Everything is in order with his health" - stated Chebotareva.

In his IG Kolyada posted a short clip of "his feet skating" (3rd story/clip) - i miss that guy!

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Well, since Kolyada is my favorite skater, I wouldn't mind having, let's say, Samarin replaced by him :shuffle:
It could happen. The Russian fed waits and sees how the team fares at Europeans before naming the World team and as we saw last season can use the Russian cup final as the "test skate." Which is kind of unfair to the skaters who competed through the entire Russian cup series, but I'd do the same if I were the Federation officials.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information