From Russia with Love [#34]: Autumn 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinky166

#allaboutthevoids #teamtrainwreck
Relying on jumps to pull you out isn't a good strategy in the long term. Tukt is the best example of that.

I feel like Liza could realistically get a 4t. I think it’s more likely she gets a quad than Medvedeva or Zagitova.

Better programs would also help. Her current ones are doing nothing in the way of camouflaging her weaknesses...

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I don’t think Zagitova I’d a safe bet.
I would say that the Fed has moved on to Trusova/Scherbakova/Kostornaia..
It's too early to tell, but I think it may be possible they send Scherbakova to junior worlds. It will likely depend on the results of the JGPF and junior nationals. If, for instance, Liu were to win the JGPF over Valieva, I think they might take that into consideration on naming the junior worlds team. But, there's a lot of season left before they even get to Russian nationals.

hanca

Values her privacy
I feel like Liza could realistically get a 4t. I think it’s more likely she gets a quad than Medvedeva or Zagitova.

Better programs would also help. Her current ones are doing nothing in the way of camouflaging her weaknesses...
Better programs? There is nothing wrong with her programs, when she decides to skate them as they were made, rather than experimenting with different music for the same choreography...

hanca

Values her privacy
It's too early to tell, but I think it may be possible they send Scherbakova to junior worlds. It will likely depend on the results of the JGPF and junior nationals. If, for instance, Liu were to win the JGPF over Valieva, I think they might take that into consideration on naming the junior worlds team. But, there's a lot of season left before they even get to Russian nationals.
If Scherbakova messes up her senior nationals, she may be offered junior worlds (or maybe she will choose to attend junior nationals to qualify to junior worlds). However, I don’t think that if she places in top three at the senior nationals, the federation would decide to send her to junior worlds and send to the senior worlds the skater who placed fourth at the senior nationals. Even if it was Zagitova, Medvedeva or Tuktamysheva. They won’t take her off the team if she earns it.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
If Scherbakova messes up her senior nationals, she may be offered junior worlds (or maybe she will choose to attend junior nationals to qualify to junior worlds). However, I don’t think that if she places in top three at the senior nationals, the federation would decide to send her to junior worlds and send to the senior worlds the skater who placed fourth at the senior nationals. Even if it was Zagitova, Medvedeva or Tuktamysheva. They won’t take her off the team if she earns it.
Agreed. There are a number of factors that will play into naming either junior or senior Worlds teams. Lots of events left to happen between now and then. But, the Russian fed does try to maximize their options. That's why we won't see the 3As competiting against each other until the GPF assuming all three are there. It's up to Zagitova, Medvedeva, and Tuk to skate their best and see how things shake out. Let the best competitors win. It think it's exciting to watch.

Madison25

I don’t think Zagitova I’d a safe bet.
I would say that the Fed has moved on to Trusova/Scherbakova/Kostornaia..
This year I think the Rus Fed will protect Zagitova (unless she really bombs and not even they can safe her); simply because that she has many endorsements from which the Fed also benefits. So it is good to have her at as much as possible competitions.

Ka3sha

We will see :)

Speaking of Valieva, I have read some rumors that she is quite seriously injured on Russian boards not so long ago.

Last edited:

starrynight

The difference between Scherbakova and Tukt is about 9 years and a triple axel. I hope Tukt hangs in there because those kids are going to go through the same growing pains she did and that timing could fall right around the Olympics. I really like the consistency and improvement that Tukt is showing at her age and she has a lot of non-quad areas that she can work on to get more points.

This. Tuktamysheva is pretty determined to improve. Just look how she totally modified the entry into the triple axel from the last competition. The key is for her to use this season as motivation to keep pushing and then play the long game.

Finsta

This year I think the Rus Fed will protect Zagitova (unless she really bombs and not even they can safe her); simply because that she has many endorsements from which the Fed also benefits. So it is good to have her at as much as possible competitions.

I feel they helped her enough last year, hopefully they won’t protect her as much this season. I don’t know how they could. It will be her own younger teammates that our skate her this year. How could her coach explain that

love_skate2011

Banned Member

oleada

I feel they helped her enough last year, hopefully they won’t protect her as much this season. I don’t know how they could. It will be her own younger teammates that our skate her this year. How could her coach explain that
They had no problem with having a national podium of Shcherbakova, Trusova and Kostornaia even if none of them were eligible so I have no idea why they would protect Zagitova if she is out skated.
That picture means nothing. She’s just standing. She could be injured and still able to go the theater. I certainly hope she’s not.

DobrinFan

We will see :)

Speaking of Valieva, I have read some rumors that she is quite seriously injured on Russian boards not so long ago.

Denis Ten's mother said it. Not sure how serious it is. Kamila I guess was supposed to compete.
Kamila Valieva, who owns quadruple jumps, should have arrived. But she has a slight injury.

Alilou

Ubercavorter
btw, is it very hard to pronounce Tuktameeshyeva ?, the announcer kept saying "TuktaMOOShva"
Was it last year Tuk did the flight attendant number where she took her top off - skating to Toxic I think? Anyway at the beginning of that it is her own voice introducing herself and she says TuktaMOOShva - well closer to that than meeshyva. Translation (or should I say transliteration) is funny. Plushenko is pronounced Plushenka in Russian so spelling doesn't always mean much.

Marco

Anna's 4lutzes were amazing. I am glad her URs on the 3/3s were picked up because this will hopefully force her to pay more attention to her 'easier' jumps. Perhaps slightly easier entrances?

As I said in the other thread, I feel for Liza. Despite illness last season, she upped her game and is consistently landing 3 3axels per competition now, even this early in the season. Yet not only is she losing out to Anna, but also Bradie who had no 3axels or quads. Being complete matters. It's like the whole Mishin / Plushenko system doesn't work anymore. They didn't learn their lesson when Plushenko lost to Lysacek. As recent as last month, they still believed choreographies are interchangable with different music.

Even if they want to fix it, I can't help but wonder if it IS too late for her to work on areas like speed, transitions and choreography. For judges who usually give leeway to skaters who land the harder tricks and who are world champions, her PCS are alarmingly low for clean skates.

Last edited:

zoe111

I don’t think they’ll protect her at all- if Kostornaia, Trusova and Anna go clean Zagitova doesn’t have the base value to make up the distance with pcs. There would be no way to justify it as the other 3 would likely score well over 160 with clean skates.

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
I don't believe Zagitova will show up at the nationals. Competing in the GP with Kostornaya is possible, but all the army + Tuktamysheva (am not even counting Medvedeva nor Samodurova, who am sure will show up and be out of top 10 there) is ouch...

lily

I don't believe Zagitova will show up at the nationals. Competing in the GP with Kostornaya is possible, but all the army + Tuktamysheva (am not even counting Medvedeva nor Samodurova, who am sure will show up and be out of top 10 there) is ouch...
Why not if she wants to continue competing ?

Last edited:

skatingguy

decently
I don't know. There are many things that can be criticized about Sambo-70 but they don't shy away from competition. If you look at how that rink is run there is no reason to believe that they wouldn't throw all 4 into the mix and let the best skaters go to worlds.

lily

Leonova and Suguri are great skaters who just want to compete and make people happy. Why not Zagitova, right?
Maybe their level at the moment isn't the same. And Zagitova is olympic champion. Anyway she hasn't other possibility than to show up. But for instance Medvedeva? Is she in better state?

D

Deleted member 40371

Maybe their level at the moment isn't the same. And Zagitova is olympic champion. Anyway she hasn't other possibility than to show up. But for instance Medvedeva? Is she in better state?
Medvedeva is not in a better state, she is definitely behind Trusova, Kostornaya and Scherbakova. These three girls have much higher scoring potential, and they have shown this in Senior Bs and in Scherbakova case during GPs. Their scores are in 160+ for the LP, even Zagitova will struggle to match such a score. Medvedeva has been consistently behind Zagitova for a while, Medvedeva is at best 5th in Russia.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information