From Russia with Love [#30]: If There Are Test Skate Videos, It Must Be Fall 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Finish Bazarova/Larionov, not that was a big loss...

It was a big loss to me, even though I didn't much care for Larionov. He looked heavy but Bazarova was one of the most beautiful skaters. They had the best lifts. Her positions were always exquisite. They should have won the European- I don't remember the exact year.

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I am wondering if Borisova found a partner after Sopot dumped her? I saw him skate at the GPF with his new partner. Oddly his physique reminded me of Oleg Shliakov- Elena Berezhnaya’s former, abusive partner. I don’t believe Sopot is like Shliakov as a person.

Another skater I am wondering about is Amina Atakhanova. I think she was skating with her new partner after being dumped by Ilia (?). Is she still skating?

hanca

Values her privacy
I am wondering if Borisova found a partner after Sopot dumped her? I saw him skate at the GPF with his new partner. Oddly his physique reminded me of Oleg Shliakov- Elena Berezhnaya’s former, abusive partner. I don’t believe Sopot is like Shliakov as a person.

Another skater I am wondering about is Amina Atakhanova. I think she was skating with her new partner after being dumped by Ilia (?). Is she still skating?
Borisova didn’t find a partner. Finding a partner is not that easy even in Russia, if everyone knows you struggle with your triples. It may be easier for pair men to turn a single skater to pair than giving time to a pair female to learn triples. Borisova went to skate to a show.

Atakhanova skated with Volodin, who had split up with Ustimkina. They did a few competitions together. They initially got a JGP but had to decline is because Amina is again injured.

starrynight

Liza Tuktamysheva was hospitalized (for approximately two weeks) with pneumonia. She will most likely miss Nationals.
https://rsport.ria.ru/20181212/1547880950.html

OH NO!!!

Liza must have become very sick as soon as she returned from the Grand Prix Final.

Is this her season over or is there an option for a bye onto the World team? This is devastating for her as she said at the Grand Prix Final that Nationals was the most important competition of the season for her.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Third spot on the Euros/Worlds team is determined by the coaches council , so she still has a chance
They've used Europeans before as a test for Worlds. I hope her season will be considered, but it may also depend on how others skate at Nationals. That's a tough call. Pneumonia takes a month or more to sometimes completely resolve. I really feel for her.

Ka3sha

Couching Council
http://www.fskate.ru/info/coachcouncils/

The Head: Leonid Khachaturov
Assistants: Galina Golubkova, Alexei Urmanov
Members: Irina Absalyamova, Svetlana Alexeeva, Viktor Anikanov, Valery Artuykhov, Evgeny Bezmenov, Elena Buyanova, Liudmila Volkova, Aleksandr Zhulin, Gennady Korponosov, Viktor Kudriavtsev, Aleksandr Kusnetsov, Elena Levkovets, Alexei Mishin, Nina Mozer, Tamara Moskvina, Evgeni Rukavitsin, Aleksandr Svinin, Mikhail Stifunin, Alexei Suchkov, Tatiana Tarasova, Eteri Tutberidze, Valentina Tiukova

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Now that the last challenger has been added to the SB lists, here's where the Russian ladies stand. Most of these skaters will not compete in the post-season so their relative position vis-a-vis each other is fixed. Of course, other country's skaters could still bump them down the list, but the likely Russian Euros/Jr. Worlds/Worlds team members are already toward the top of the list and changes to their SBs shouldn't affect the lower-ranked Russians.
SB List
1 238.43 Alina ZAGITOVA RUS
3 221.44 Alexandra TRUSOVA RUS
5 219.02 Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA RUS
6 217.98 Alena KOSTORNAIA RUS
10 205.39 Anna SHCHERBAKOVA RUS
11 204.89 Evgenia MEDVEDEVA RUS
12 204.33 Sofia SAMODUROVA RUS
15 202.62 Serafima SAKHANOVICH RUS
19 198.76 Anna TARUSINA RUS
20 198.65 Anastasiia GUBANOVA RUS
21 198.14 Alena KANYSHEVA RUS too young for senior events next season
22 197.57 Stanislava KONSTANTINOVA RUS
25 194.15 Alena LEONOVA RUS
27 190.69 Anastasia TARAKANOVA RUS
28 188.90 Anastasiia GULIAKOVA RUS
30 187.91 Kseniia SINITSYNA RUS too young for senior events next season
34 182.87 Viktoria VASILIEVA RUS
39 179.72 Maria SOTSKOVA RUS but ranked 6th on WS list so could guarantee herself a GP assignment that way
49 173.61 Daria PANENKOVA RUS
73 159.45 Polina TSURSKAYA RUS

Through Sakhanovich, they should feel pretty comfortable about staying in the top 24. The ones on the bubble have pretty high scores, too, and it would depend on skaters like Lindfors, You, A. Lin, and maybe Higuchi if she's selected for Japan's post-season, to knock them down. It looks like Panenkova and Tsuryskaya will be out of the GP next season. Probably Leonova, too. I do hope that Russia submits all the athletes who earned 1 GP. The non-fed faves can have 1 event rather than 2 (work that politicking :skandal), but this may be the only chance they get, and I'd like to see each athlete get her due.

lala

Now that the last challenger has been added to the SB lists, here's where the Russian ladies stand. Most of these skaters will not compete in the post-season so their relative position vis-a-vis each other is fixed. Of course, other country's skaters could still bump them down the list, but the likely Russian Euros/Jr. Worlds/Worlds team members are already toward the top of the list and changes to their SBs shouldn't affect the lower-ranked Russians.
SB List
1 238.43 Alina ZAGITOVA RUS
3 221.44 Alexandra TRUSOVA RUS
5 219.02 Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA RUS
6 217.98 Alena KOSTORNAIA RUS
10 205.39 Anna SHCHERBAKOVA RUS
11 204.89 Evgenia MEDVEDEVA RUS
12 204.33 Sofia SAMODUROVA RUS
15 202.62 Serafima SAKHANOVICH RUS
19 198.76 Anna TARUSINA RUS
20 198.65 Anastasiia GUBANOVA RUS
21 198.14 Alena KANYSHEVA RUS too young for senior events next season
22 197.57 Stanislava KONSTANTINOVA RUS
25 194.15 Alena LEONOVA RUS
27 190.69 Anastasia TARAKANOVA RUS
28 188.90 Anastasiia GULIAKOVA RUS
30 187.91 Kseniia SINITSYNA RUS too young for senior events next season
34 182.87 Viktoria VASILIEVA RUS
39 179.72 Maria SOTSKOVA RUS but ranked 6th on WS list so could guarantee herself a GP assignment that way
49 173.61 Daria PANENKOVA RUS
73 159.45 Polina TSURSKAYA RUS

Through Sakhanovich, they should feel pretty comfortable about staying in the top 24. The ones on the bubble have pretty high scores, too, and it would depend on skaters like Lindfors, You, A. Lin, and maybe Higuchi if she's selected for Japan's post-season, to knock them down. It looks like Panenkova and Tsuryskaya will be out of the GP next season. Probably Leonova, too. I do hope that Russia submits all the athletes who earned 1 GP. The non-fed faves can have 1 event rather than 2 (work that politicking :skandal), but this may be the only chance they get, and I'd like to see each athlete get her due.

have you listed international marks only?

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Couching Council
http://www.fskate.ru/info/coachcouncils/

The Head: Leonid Khachaturov
Assistants: Galina Golubkova, Alexei Urmanov
Members: Irina Absalyamova, Svetlana Alexeeva, Viktor Anikanov, Valery Artuykhov, Evgeny Bezmenov, Elena Buyanova, Liudmila Volkova, Aleksandr Zhulin, Gennady Korponosov, Viktor Kudriavtsev, Aleksandr Kusnetsov, Elena Levkovets, Alexei Mishin, Nina Mozer, Tamara Moskvina, Evgeni Rukavitsin, Aleksandr Svinin, Mikhail Stifunin, Alexei Suchkov, Tatiana Tarasova, Eteri Tutberidze, Valentina Tiukova
What happens if one of the council members has a skater who could be in contention? Say, they are one of the top three at nationals. Do they abstain from voting?

Tinami Amori

Kogan said, in a telephone interview, that "we don't have this (Tuk withdrawing from Russian Nationals) information at present. There must be doctors' expertise first, expected at/submitted to the Federation".

"У нас на данный момент нет такой информации (что Туктамышева снимается с чемпионата России). Должно быть заключение врачей, которое ожидает федерация", - сказал Коган по телефону.

Maybe there is a chance she can skate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information