From Russia with Love [#30]: If There Are Test Skate Videos, It Must Be Fall 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherub721

YEAH!
You must not read the articles. The coach herself has said Alina is insecure and cries all the time. She runs into fields and cries. She thinks the world is against her and cries. She needs praise or she gets upset and cries. This is no secret with people in skating. This also is from the person she calls coach.

This sounds like some weird commercial for PMS medicine.

Amantide

She should have trained it (and maybe not exactly 3lz 3 loop because of the edge issue, but maybe 3f3l) a long time before not in that particular season. Also, Eteri should have addressed the edge issue and the bad tech axel a long time before, during junior years.

Oh come on now, I do not have big sympathy for the woman but let's not make it as if she's the bad witch and was working against Med. The problems you mentioned are the problems of almost all the girls that she has coached. It's not smth that only Med has suffered.

In anycase it's stupid and very shallow to turn against another girl (not talking about you in this case) just cause Eteri treated Med in whatever way she treated her. I don't really know what happened and I take with a pinch of salt all the gossip and rumors that comes out from the skating community, especially in Russia. She ditched Yulia and didn't care at all cause Med was the next star. As a big fan of Yulia myself, I never felt any animosity towards Med. Just the notion of all this is so absurd to me.

I do agree with you though, that Eteri should've handled this better. Especially after the break. Some things are better to keep it private. There is plenty of time to spell the beans in memoirs, later.

You make Zagitova look like a madhouse patient. I think she doesn't deserve that. Please give the links to the articles where all that is said.

New member, 5 comments, all about Zagitova being a "madhouse patient". Yup, you can't be more obvious than that. Ignore it. ;)

Finsta

Oh come on now, I do not have big sympathy for the woman but let's not make it as if she's the bad witch and was working against Med. The problems you mentioned are the problems of almost all the girls that she has coached. It's not smth that only Med has suffered.

In anycase it's stupid and very shallow to turn against another girl (not talking about you in this case) just cause Eteri treated Med in whatever way she treated her. I don't really know what happened and I take with a pinch of salt all the gossip and rumors that comes out from the skating community, especially in Russia. She ditched Yulia and didn't care at all cause Med was the next star. As a big fan of Yulia myself, I never felt any animosity towards Med. Just the notion of all this is so absurd to me.

I do agree with you though, that Eteri should've handled this better. Especially after the break. Some things are better to keep it private. There is plenty of time to spell the beans in memoirs, later.

New member, 5 comments, all about Zagitova being a "madhouse patient". Yup, you can't be more obvious than that. Ignore it. ;)

Oh stop. I read here all time. So is a new member only allowed to post what you think is true and what you like? What kind of skating board would that be. Say what you want though, or just read the articles. I’m not anti-Zagitova at all. That’s you assumptions. But why do people have to pick one or other? Just pointing out the obvious. Eteri started the mud slinging. She acted poorly because her skater moved on. No it’s not wrong that she coached another to gold and not wrong that the skater not won found a new coach. Not betrayal from one or other. Just a coach that handled things not classy. Nobody but you saying Zagitova is a mental patient. Read the articles, watch her after she competes.

Amantide

Oh stop. I read here all time. So is a new member only allowed to post what you think is true and what you like? What kind of skating board would that be. Say what you want though, or just read the articles. I’m not anti-Zagitova at all. That’s you assumptions. But why do people have to pick one or other? Just pointing out the obvious. Eteri started the mud slinging. She acted poorly because her skater moved on. No it’s not wrong that she coached another to gold and not wrong that the skater not won found a new coach. Not betrayal from one or other. Just a coach that handled things not classy. Nobody but you saying Zagitova is a mental patient. Read the articles, watch her after she competes.

Listen, you're picking the wrong person here because I do not have a horse in this race. Med or Zag it's all the same to me. My favorites are not even in the picture. Nobody is saying you have to share the same opinions with everybody else. But I do find it vile that you come here and say some pretty horrible stuff and not even bother to post your sources.
You say "read the articles", post them and I will. Until then SU!

Last edited:

Finsta

Listen, you're picking the wrong person here because I do not have a horse in this race. Med or Zag it's all the same to me. My favorites are not even in the picture. Nobody is saying you have to share the same opinions with everybody here, but I do find it vile that you come here and say some pretty horrible stuff and not even bother to post your sources. You say "read the articles", post them and I will. Until then STFU!

Picking on you? Didn’t even know who you were until you made new poster comment about me. There are probably links in this thread that posters before me shared. I only posted as a fan of skating. Trying to point out the coach caused the bitterness. The Girls respect each other. Too bad posters can’t do the same. Not sure anything I said was “horrible stuff”. People too touchy with this topic. Off to enjoy Some skating.

Amantide

There are probably links in this thread that posters before me shared.

Classic. Through the stone and hide the hand. In the meanwhile, the "she said, he said" has become a fact. Repeat a lie often enough....and all that jazz. Bravo.

Trying to point out the coach caused the bitterness.

By denigrating another skater "casually".

Not sure anything I said was “horrible stuff”. People too touchy with this topic. Off to enjoy Some skating

Don't worry about me, I have a thick skin and I'm 45 years old. I've seen and heard a lot in my life. It's not "touchy for me", but it can be for the young skaters who's name is dragged around, presenting them as hysterical, to say the least. If you can't see what's wrong with that, I can't make you. So, enjoy your skating.

barbarafan

You must not read the articles. The coach herself has said Alina is insecure and cries all the time. She runs into fields and cries. She thinks the world is against her and cries. She needs praise or she gets upset and cries. This is no secret with people in skating. This also is from the person she calls coach.
Do you spell coach with a B?

Madison25

Besti, as I like to call this lady is stark, raving, mad, no offence to her followers. The suspense is at a fever pitch, just what nonsense will she spout from that mouth of hers, first of all if Rika wins (please do, please) or if S/B don't win at least silver at these finals. Ha, a movie must be in the works or some reality show similar to the Kardashians, and no I couldn't be paid enough to watch that train wreck. :wall::gallopin1
Do you think that S/B will win this?
I didn't say she was against Medvedeva... It was crystal clear that Medvedeva was her favourite and wanted her to win the Olympics. Just that instead of preparing Medvedeva to update the tech content in time (even from junior years), she thought her PCS would be enough for a win (wrong strategy).

Bigbird

Do you think that S/B will win this?

I didn't say she was against Medvedeva... It was crystal clear that Medvedeva was her favourite and wanted her to win the Olympics. Just that instead of preparing Medvedeva to update the tech content in time (even from junior years), she thought her PCS would be enough for a win (wrong strategy).

Oh well, it looks like my dry, dark sense of humour and sarcasm are not on fleek today. But out of curiousity, did you honestly feel S/B could take this? :watch:On to the FD. :gallopin1

Madison25

Oh well, it looks like my dry, dark sense of humour and sarcasm are not on fleek today. But out of curiousity, did you honestly feel S/B could take this? :watch:On to the FD. :gallopin1
I think they can be on the podium, even second. Although I prefer the podium as it is now. First, because Stepanova has very bad SS, didn' t even bother to bend her knees, secondly because S/B were so much promoted by the Russian establishment that I am sick of it.

Mad for Skating

It's not only crazy fans but also russian media. Have you read and followed there everyhing?

I’ve heard enough of the media fights and I try to stay out of it.

Okay, time for me to play Teenage Psychologist again.

Sounds to me like she’s just being a typical 16-year-old girl who’s under a crazy amount of stress. Normal teenagers cry all the time - sometimes over stupid things, like fights with friends or ruining a pair of shoes. Our bodies are full of hormones and our brains aren’t even fully developed. We forget how to talk when a cute guy glances at us for a nanosecond. We have crazy ideas about what we want to do with our lives. Basically, we’re a little crazy, and you know what? That’s perfectly normal at this age.

I can’t even imagine being 16 AND getting crushed under a harsh coach, a storm of baby skaters ready to dethrone you, and the weight of a whole country’s expectations. Honestly, Alina, you’re doing amazing.

Bigbird

I think they can be on the podium, even second. Although I prefer the podium as it is now. First, because Stepanova has very bad SS, didn' t even bother to bend her knees, secondly because S/B were so much promoted by the Russian establishment that I am sick of it.

I hear ya, I saw it and thought it would hurt rather than help them which it did. It's like the Russian Fed has no control over the nutcases over there. Anyways, let's see what the tide brings.

Madison25

I hear ya, I saw it and thought it would hurt rather than help them which it did. It's like the Russian Fed has no control over the nutcases over there. Anyways, let's see what the tide brings.

It started lol...

Natalya Bestemyanova: the judges deprived Stepanova and Bukin of second place in rhythm dance in the Grand Prix final

https://tass.ru/sport/5888143

ChiquitaBanana

(Alert : before being called an anti-Russia weirdo just because I voice opinions about either Medvedeva or Zagitova...)

I wonder why Zagitova really get < call on her combo on both the lutz and the loop whereas other skaters do. That is said, it's not because she's Russian. I totally lurveeeeee Kostornaia. Trusova and her have clean as a whistle jumps, no doubt in your mind. I just find there is two weights two measures.

Amantide

How are Besti and the TAT doing? S/B and S/K are both pretty much tied for third at the moment. Phew. The FD will be tight! :watch:

I swear, I thought about you, when I saw the results. :rofl:

Meh...when did she ever do that? If you want your technique fixed, Eteri is def. not your coach.
I think Med is very well set with Brian. I don't even understand the drama for "missing" a season.
She's so young and she just made some huge changes. All she needs now is time and patience.

Tinami Amori

She is some kind of special, I tell ya...
Besti was known before as trash-dresser....
https://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/3012/191486894.92e/0_191de7_233fd584_XXL.jpg
https://www.syl.ru/misc/i/ai/283136/1539681.jpg
http://mersi63.ru/news-old/uploads/posts/2017-06/1496488694_7133.jpg

Now she is known as trash-expert (not my invention, in the press).. :D
"... an Olympic Champions is become in trash-expert"..
https://www.sport-express.ru/figure...drey-bukin-biografiya-lichnaya-zhizn-1486754/

Rina RUS

some “unscrupulous parties” :TT1: who were "disappointed" with the Olympic results

Oh, Tinami Amori, sorry, your new cloudy stories are not better than your old stories. :)

As for Bestemianova, now she says: "Soon we can finish talking about rivalry between Zagitova and Medvedeva. Kihira becomes the main star." (https://sportmail.ru/news/figure-skating/35624582/?frommail=1)
I wouldn't say, that Bestemianova really supports Medvedeva.

As for Tarasova... When she praises Alina, it doesn't sound like somebody makes Tarasova do that. She chooses words with enthusiasm.
I don't like "Let them talk" show, but now I've seen that episode about the Olympic victories. Well, Tarasova wasn't polite to Zagitova's father, when she said "daddy", but your accusations are rubbish, Tinami Amori. Actually, Tarasova's words "don't take offence, daddy, maybe many of us loved Zhenya more - just because we knew her for a longer time" are extremely naive. Extremely childish. She just sincerely believes, that her love is a reason to excuse her, doesn't she? :)
When Tarasova is supposed to comment skating, she just says, that she is going to see Hanyu (after his skate): to thank him, to hand him a gift from figure skating lovers, to give him the music which she picked for him. And she leaves indeed - goes to thank Hanyu. Her naive love is beautiful.
Yagudin says about Tarasova: "The doors of your home were always opened almost for everyone: for friends, for enemies, for some strangers." He tells Tarasova used to cook soup in giant pots - to feed many people.
Such love for people deserves respect.
Well, yes, Tarasova says what she feels, she doesn't have a braking system to stop her. Yet many people of the same age don't work at all.
Some of her words can be even cruel. She is an athlete, she is a coach. Maybe it is a bit late for her to learn to be something else.

if i do post all i have on Med over the last 8 months in a flow-chart of events occurred, it will not be pretty
Now we have a 2nd great mouth, next to Tarasova's.

Sorry, but what about your own mouth, Tinami Amori? :) You blame so many people - and every time you have only "generalizations" on them. Isn't your imagination too luxuriant? How can it be, that you say to someone: "various probably and maybe is your prerogative" - when it is you who likes to collect factoids and turn them into "facts"?

:)
https://www.instagram.com/p/BqRmhn2ht4t/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BpdhKwvB2JD/

Last edited:

Tinami Amori

Oh, Tinami Amori, sorry, your new cloudy stories are not better than your old stories. :)

As for Bestemianova, now she says: "Soon we can finish talking about rivalry between Zagitova and Medvedeva. Kihira becomes the main star." (https://sportmail.ru/news/figure-skating/35624582/?frommail=1)
I wouldn't say, that Bestemianova really supports Medvedeva.

As for Tarasova... When she praises Alina, it doesn't sound like somebody makes Tarasova do that. She chooses words with enthusiasm.
I don't like "May they talk" show, but now I've seen that episode about the Olympic victories. Well, Tarasova wasn't polite to Zagitova's father, when she said "daddy", but your accusations are rubbish, Tinami Amori. Actually, Tarasova's words "don't take offence, daddy, maybe many of us loved Zhenya more - just because we knew her for a longer time" are extremely naive. Extremely childish. She just sincerely believes, that her love is a reason to excuse her, doesn't she? :)
When Tarasova is supposed to comment skating, she just says, that she is going to see Hanyu (after his skate): to thank him, to hand him a gift from figure skating lovers, to give him the music which she picked for him. And she leaves indeed - goes to thank Hanyu. Her naive love is beautiful.
Yagudin says about Tarasova: "The doors of your home were always opened almost for everyone: for friends, for enemies, for some strangers." He tells Tarasova used to cook soup in giant pots - to feed many people.
Such a love for people deserves respect.
Well, yes, Tarasova says what she feels, she doesn't have a braking system to stop her. Yet many people of the same age don't work at all.
Some of her words can be even cruel. She is an athlete, she is a coach. Maybe it is a bit late for her to learn to be something else.
Sorry, but what about your own mouth, Tinami Amori? :)You blame so many people - and every time you have only "generalizations" on them. Isn't your imagination too luxuriant? How can it be, that you say to someone: "various probably and maybe is your prerogative" - when it is you who likes to collect factoids and turn them into "facts"?

:)
https://www.instagram.com/p/BqRmhn2ht4t/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BpdhKwvB2JD/

http://i.imgur.com/18ntMIU.gif :watch:

Rina RUS

We don't forget Bestemianova was the choreographer of Hanyu's R&J in 2012!

So? :)
Do you mean he should be included in the “unscrupulous parties” list? (LOL)
:skandal:TT1::skandal
Who else? :)
What about those skaters who skated to R&J - like Hanyu did? :)

Bigbird

As with the best of these sensitive types, Besti, le TAT etc, etc, we have to take a whole lotta crazy with that ounce of inspiration. :) Just sayin...

Amantide

Many times I haven't been in agreement with TAT either. She has said some pretty strong stuff as well, about some skaters. Sometimes she speaks good and sometimes she speaks bad, about the same skaters even. :lol: I don't like it but for some reason I can never stay mad with her. :D
She really is like a big teddy bear mamma. :saint:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information