From Russia with love [#29]: Spring 2018 and beyond

Status
Not open for further replies.

caseyedwards

The question that’s really interesting is if krylova can be as effective in Russia as she was in the US at her peak! Does she become a clueless and untalented coach like kustarova or zhulin as that is what the Russian federation demands or Is she the first modern IJS coach in Russia.

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Anna Pogorilaya began preparations for the new season, she plans to take part at the test skates and at Challenger events next autumn. She started doing all her triples and 3-o-3 combo , but her 3lz-3r is not back yet. They haven’t made any decisions about new programs.
https://mrsport.ria.ru/figure_skating/20180608/1137778166.html

:eek:

I hope her back is better? Or at least more manageable? I really wasn’t anticipating this kind of news from her yet, so I will remain cautiously optimistic.

Bigbird

The question that’s really interesting is if krylova can be as effective in Russia as she was in the US at her peak! Does she become a clueless and untalented coach like kustarova or zhulin as that is what the Russian federation demands or Is she the first modern IJS coach in Russia.

I wasn't that impressed with her work. Everything W/P did just looked too laboured and difficult most times. Marie France and company seem more adept at garnering both GOEs and levels, Camerlengo though is a gifted choreographer.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
I saw tonight that IFS magazine listed Team Russia for 2018-2019 for Seniors and Juniors.

Weird to see Pogo and Radionova in their "Reserve Team."

Also whats going on now with Sinitsina/Katsalaplov? They are in the Reserve Team too.

Apologies if this has already been discussed. I have not been in this thread much.

Dmitriev also says that Astakahova wants out of skating and Rogonov will definitely continue.

Bobrova & Soloviev are listed as part of 2018-2019. So did they not retire then?

Im glad Voronov is continuing.

https://www.ifsmagazine.com/team-russia-2018-19/

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Belated thanks to @Ka3sha who posted the list on Saturday (I've been catching up on this thread): https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...g-2018-and-beyond.103656/page-26#post-5370198
Approved list of candidates for Russian national teams (main and reserve)
https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http://fsrussia.ru/files/docs/RUteam1819.pdf

Men
Main: Dmitri Aliev, Sergei Voronov, Arthur Dmitriev, Alexei Erokhov, Mikhail Kolyada, Aleksandr Samarin
Reserve: Andrei Lazukin, Anton Shulepov, Vladimir Samoilov

Ladies
Main: Alina Zagitova, Stanislava Konstantinova, Evgenia Medvedeva, Maria Sotskova, Elizaveta Tuktamysheva, Polina Tsurskaya
Reserve: Anna Pogorilaya, Elena Radionova, Serafima Sakhanovich

Pairs
Main: Boikova/Kozlovsky, Zabiyako/Enbert, Pavluchenko/Khodykin, Tarasova/Morozov, Stolbova/Klimov
Reserve: Efimova/Korovin, Zhuk/Miroshkin (new team)

Ice Dance
Main: Bobrova/Soloviev, Evdokimova/Bazin, Zahorski/Guerreiro, Popova/Mozgov, Skoptsova/Alyoshin, Stepanova/Bukin
Reserve: Sinitsina/Katsalapov, Loboda/Drozd, Morozova/Bagin

Last edited:

Eislauffan

I saw tonight that IFS magazine listed Team Russia for 2018-2019 for Seniors and Juniors.

Weird to see Pogo and Radionova in their "Reserve Team."

Also whats going on now with Sinitsina/Katsalaplov? They are in the Reserve Team too.

Apologies if this has already been discussed. I have not been in this thread much.

Dmitriev also says that Astakahova wants out of skating and Rogonov will definitely continue.

Bobrova & Soloviev are listed as part of 2018-2019. So did they not retire then?

Im glad Voronov is continuing.

https://www.ifsmagazine.com/team-russia-2018-19/

That has been discussed above, you can find it going through the thread. Just in general, the Russian Federation names their national team according to the national and international results from last season. So if someone didn't compete at Nationals and didn't make the top five you're usually not on the national team. Exceptions apply, for example Evgenia Medvedeva didn't do Nationals as she was still recovering from injury, but placing second at Europeans and the Olympic Games obviously is enough to put her on the team. For others that had good results earlier in the season or general, there is still the reserve team.

Mad for Skating

Again. Rogonov is free to decide how he wants to continue. He’s an adult and so is she. It’s nice he wants to keep skating but I also understand if she’d rather not waste her time waiting every year for some Mozer team to withdraw from a competition.

And btw, I have a co worker who went on a two week vacation and then announced he taking job somewhere else. Obviously he was interviewing somewhere else for a while and most people guessed he was on his way out as he was rather unhappy. Given it takes six months to fill any position, my job is certainly going to suck as I have to pick up his workload. However, he did absolutely nothing wrong and I’m not going to hold it against him that he decided he’d rather do something else.

Well with the amount of times Stolbova/Klimov either injure themselves or get banned without explanations, I'd say "waiting for a Mozer pair to withdraw" is a pretty lucrative career.

Ka3sha

Speaking of Stolbova/Klimov, I have seen somewhere on Instagram today that Fedor is also in NYC now, working with their osteophat and healing old minor injuries before the season. And that yes, they plan to compete next season and continue working with Vlad Zhovnirsky

hanca

Values her privacy
I think within the next few years Russian senior pairs may be completely changed. This coming season it will be Boikova/Kozlovski and Pavliuschenko/Khodykin moving to seniors. After 2018-19 season there is a few more juniors aging up, such Poluyanova/Sopot, Kudryavtseva/Spiridonov and the season after that even more pairs (Mishina/Galiamov, Kostiukovich/Yalin, Atakhanova/Volodin, Kvartalova/Sviatchenko, Labazina/Rakhmanin....). Obviously not all teams will survive, some injuries, split ups, puberty etc, but I don’t recall ever seeing so many decent teams moving to seniors within the period of two years. I think Russian senior pairs will become highly competitive internally, which will have impact on their results internationally.

caseyedwards

I think within the next few years Russian senior pairs may be completely changed. This coming season it will be Boikova/Kozlovski and Pavliuschenko/Khodykin moving to seniors. After 2018-19 season there is a few more juniors aging up, such Poluyanova/Sopot, Kudryavtseva/Spiridonov and the season after that even more pairs (Mishina/Galiamov, Kostiukovich/Yalin, Atakhanova/Volodin, Kvartalova/Sviatchenko, Labazina/Rakhmanin....). Obviously not all teams will survive, some injuries, split ups, puberty etc, but I don’t recall ever seeing so many decent teams moving to seniors within the period of two years. I think Russian senior pairs will become highly competitive internally, which will have impact on their results internationally.

Ladies names are getting harder!
I wasn't that impressed with her work. Everything W/P did just looked too laboured and difficult most times. Marie France and company seem more adept at garnering both GOEs and levels, Camerlengo though is a gifted choreographer.

I am desperate for some hope!! I hope that while krylova May have been the weakest of the Russians in North America she was still in North America and learning from the best. Better to be weakest Russian coach in North America than best russian coach in Russia. All the Russian ID coaches in Russia are destroying their ID program and there is no hope for any team in Russia to win worlds or world medal.

Mad for Skating

Speaking of Stolbova/Klimov, I have seen somewhere on Instagram today that Fedor is also in NYC now, working with their osteophat and healing old minor injuries before the season. And that yes, they plan to compete next season and continue working with Vlad Zhovnirsky

Yes, he said Vlad will handle most of it until Nina comes back in October. Ksenia was in New Jersey about a week ago with Nikolai Morozov and TAT, so they might be getting help there too.

I'm ok with this - they can take all the time they want as long as they come back healthy and fierce, bless them!

reut

barbarafan

Yeah. It'll be interesting to see if she has much skating in the show.
I hope she gets lots of work there. Everyone has to eat. I would love her to coach but I don't know if she had a chance yet to get her credentials and then find an opening. She does love to perform and is so passionate so I hope she is happy there.

barbarafan

... it's not "how much".. it's "for how long"... Luba is re-claiming her Russian side a bit... after all, if worst comes to worst, Averbuch always has shows.. :lol:
https://image.ibb.co/nrX8a8/1798952152724363817_1640589701.jpg

She loves living in Canada but visits Russia as often as she can. It is expensive to live in Canada. Although they had intended to retire from amateur skating at the end of 2017/2018 it came to a crashing halt with Dylan's accident without the expected results. I so want her to coach as we need her Russian side so much in Cdn pair skating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information