From Russia with love [#28]: Autumn to Winter 2017

StasiyaGalustyanLove

Banned Member
:huh: No, I wasn’t joking. What exactly is horrible? That the federation is handing out assignments to whoever they want to? That’s their right and the federations in all countries do it.
As long as the Russian federation stays neutral and there are no corrupt problems, I guess that sounds fair. I guess I was concerned because some of the countries that have skaters I like have had problems with cheating and corruption in the past, but I wouldn't think those things happen in Russia so the skaters should be okay.

Moving on . . . This news about Stolbova and Bukin is so sad! I haven't been so upset since the night my wife and I got back from dinner and our dog had destroyed a brand new sofa from Ikea.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Bukin ... no f**king way. He wasn't EVEN in Sotchi!!!

He was not in Sochi (there is no T in Sochi) but someone said he was on medication for his epilepsy. This is so ridiculous! Athletes are not allowed Any medicine for even real medical problems? In this modern age they should be able to make a differentiation between PED and medicines taken to treat a medical condition.

This is devastating. I think they wanted to devastate the Russian athletes.

Stolbova's disqualification is puzzling also. Why did it take them four years to make that decision? Why punish the athlete who had not doped? S&K has to be the unluckiest pair ever. I dont see them coming back next season. What a shame!

I really hope arbitration is an option for these athletes. I hate the IOC and WADA.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
He was not in Sochi (there is no T in Sochi- may be autocorrect did it?) but someone said he was on medication for his epilepsy. This is so ridiculous! Athletes are not allowed Any medicine for even real medical problems? In this modern age they should be able to make a differentiation between PED and medicines taken to treat a medical condition.

This is devastating. I think they wanted to devastate the Russian athletes.

Stolbova's disqualification is puzzling also. Why did it take them four years to make that decision? Why punish the athlete who had not doped? S&K has to be the unluckiest pair ever. I dont see them coming back next season. What a shame!

of course you cant, anyone from non english colonies cant take medicines, only simone biles and the likes.

VGThuy

I would have preferred that even the provisional list itemize specific reasons. Maybe the IOC did not intend to have this list published but they provided it and seemingly without instructions that it was not to be republished without their consent or before the final list is published.

Anything about Bukin and epilepsy is pure conjecture at the moment. No need to bring up Simone Biles or “English-speaking” athletes who followed proper procedures just out of spite and anger.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
of course you cant, anyone from non english colonies cant take medicines, only simone biles and the likes.

Simone Biles took medicines/drugs?- proof?

I think in the current situation the IOC is making it harder on the Russian athletes. They just don't want them there. I am now waiting for more anti-Russia stuff to come up. Heaven forbid they win a medal, they will be called cheaters. Of course the western countries never cheat. They are 100 percent honest (sarcasm)

Speaking of medicines, the ISU had disqualified Elena Berezhnaya for taking a cold medicine, upon recommendation from a doctor. That too was unfair, and their career almost went downhill from that point.

Could it be that Bukin took a similar medicine? He should have known that Russian skaters are not allowed to treat their medical problems (sarcasm)

love_skate2011

Banned Member
Simone Biles took medicines/drugs?- proof?

I think in the current situation the IOC is making it harder on the Russian athletes. They just don't want them there. I am now waiting for more anti-Russia stuff to come up. Heaven forbid they win a medal, they will be called cheaters. Of course the western countries never cheat. They are 100 percent honest (sarcasm)

Speaking of medicines, the ISU had disqualified Elena Berezhnaya for taking a cold medicine, upon recommendation from a doctor. That too was unfair, and their career almost went downhill from that point.

where were you? Biles has been taking ADHD drugs, fancy bears leaked the list in 2016.

chapis

This is serious, if it is proved that Bukin consumed illegal substances, what does it mean? total suspension? 4 years ban? it is beyond Korea, omg, Ksenia seems ready to move on after Korea, but Stepanova and Bukin seemed to want to continue competing they are so young.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
If a skater or any other athlete needs medication, which is banned on a regular basis, he or she needs a therapeutic use exemption (TUE).

As this news about Stolbova and Bukin hasn't been confirmed by the IOC yet, I'd wait until then. I'm interested in the reasons.

Lately every bad news about Russian skaters has come true. I am not expecting anything good at this point. It really sucks for Stolbova and Bukin.

mojo

Note: Likely due to the complete lack of information & her close relationship to Ivan Bukin, Bestemianova's comments are extremely emotional.

http://www.sport-express.ru/olympic...a-mok-o-nedopuske-sportsmena-na-igry-1362654/

Olympic ice dance champion Natalya Bestemianova (partner of Ivan Bukin's father, Andrei) comments to TASS news wire and shared by Sport Express:

"People were taken off the main start in their lives, and are left completely defenseless 2 weeks before the Games. There is no time for an appeal, for a court case. I just spoke with Ivan's mom, the family is just in shock. They knew that Vanya was never involved in any doping cases and that he is calmly preparing for the Games. So, does it mean that the better you skate, the more likely they'll disqualify you?

"The most disgusting thing is that the IOC doesn't explain the reason for the lack of invitation. How can you go to court not knowing the motive? Otherwise, we would be doing it already today. They are just taking out the strong ones in this manner to get us upset, and for what so the team doesn't go to the Olympics?

"Stepanova and Bukin were our hope for the next Olympics in Peking, and South Korea was to be their first claim on that. Stolbova and Klimov are one of the teams that can fight for first place? Is that not politicized. They need us to fall out of the Games for 8 years, so they will drag this out as long as possible.

"Any athlete who dedicated his life to sport is still a child. He knows that if he does his job conscientiously, then he will get a result. He trusts his coach and everyone who works with him. But now what's happening? How can we attract children to sport after this? Today the RFSF made a strong announcement in a harsh tone. And I agree with every word."

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
What does this mean for Russia's chances?

Did you mean in the Team competition? I don't see either S&K or Bukin winning medals in their own categories.

For Team, this means-

B&S have to skate both SD and FD.

Z&E could skate the SP and T&M the LP in pairs, unless T&M skate both and they SP,it the men.

Ladies will be split.

Kolyada will skate both men's programs, unless T&M skate both of theirs.

I don't see a big change as far as the Team competition goes, I had picked Russia to win the Team Bronze (Canada Gold, USA silver), even before this development.

peibeck

Simply looking
where were you? Biles has been taking ADHD drugs, fancy bears leaked the list in 2016.

Fancy Bears is a shadow agency of the GRU and much of the information they "leaked" from WADA was shown to be doctored/altered. They are also responsible for a lot of the distorted news and Twitter bots which have attempted to disrupt western political elections. Just saying.... :shuffle:

pinky166

#allaboutthevoids #teamtrainwreck

Except she played by the rules and got a medical exemption. She didn’t do anything illegal. People who think ADHD meds will directly improve her gymnastics performance are silly. Sure, they will make it easier for her to control her weight and diet and focus, but that alone is not going to improve her gymnastics.

If Bukin is on corticosteroids or something similar for his bronchitis then he should have a medical exemption that prevents it from being an issue. Hopefully this is just a temporary panic and they are allowed to compete.

Xela M

So if S&B are disqualified... does this mean S&K (dance) will replace them?

And if S&K (pairs) are disqualified, will A&R make the Olympic team?!

Sylvia

TBD
January 21st Russian fed. press release: http://fsrussia.ru/news/3530-ffkkr-...iya-v-olimpijskikh-igrakh-v-pkhenchkhane.html

FFKKR named the athletes of the Russian national figure skating team to participate in the Olympics in Pyeongchang.

Women: Alina Zagitova, Evgenia Medvedeva, Maria Sotskova.

Alternate: Stanislav Konstantinova.

Men: Dmitri Aliev, Mikhail Kolyada.

Alternate: Alexander Samarin.

Pairs: Evgenia Tarasova - Vladimir Morozov, Ksenia Stolbova - Fedor Klimov, Natalia Zabiiako - Alexander Enbert.

Alternate: Kristina Astakhova - Alexei Rogonov.

Dancing on ice: Ekaterina Bobrova - Dmitry Soloviev, Alexandra Stepanova - Ivan Bukin.

Alternate: Tiffani Zagorski - Jonathan Guerreiro.

The composition of the team is formed according to the sports prinitsipu, based on the results of the European Championships that ended in Moscow.

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I am utterly disgusted with the IOC. I have not seen any reasons given for barring these two skaters from the Olympics.

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
We keep forgetting it works exactly the other way around: all the Russians are banned, unless they are invited. So the party who throws the party didn't feel like seeing Stolbova or Bukin - perhaps they didn't like her haircut or his music. They don't have to give explanations or be demanded to invite anyone.
More than that, I expect some athletes to be un-invited after they got an invite.
Just because mua ha ha, IOC is mighty and it can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information