From Russia with love [#28]: Autumn to Winter 2017

hanca

Values her privacy
Oh no! That is very horrible to hear! I wish the process could be more fair to the skaters.

But maybe you are just making a joke? I have just started posting on this internet site and I have noticed there are many people here who are funny and have a good sense of humor, so I'm hoping that is the case here?
:huh: No, I wasn’t joking. What exactly is horrible? That the federation is handing out assignments to whoever they want to? That’s their right and the federations in all countries do it.

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
I keep reading Sotnikova :blocjudge, it would be a huge shocker if Sotskova podiums individually in Pyongchang
There are about 6-7 skaters who have to have a really terrible skate in order for Sotskova to be on the podium. On the other hand - she is quite consistent, so if those 6-7 have the worst night of their lives she will be there to pick that medal.
My impression is that Sotskova will be the one to `sell' and she'll end up outside the top 10 for, say, the pair to get a medal

kosjenka

Pogorilaya’s fairy godmother
Stobova matches the description from McLaren report.
But what is wrong with Bukin?

Ka3sha

Stobova matches the description from McLaren report.
But what is wrong with Bukin?
No one knows for sure yet. But nor Ahn, nor Shipulin were mentioned in McLaren report but they were also not allowed to compete.
According to this article, athletes were not allowed due to their presence in Moscow anti-doping's database. This database contains all doping tests results from January of 2012 till July of 2015.

Last edited:

kosjenka

Pogorilaya’s fairy godmother
I spoke to a medic and apparently all the anti doping testing in Russia for athletes in skating and for Euros was done by a private lab from either Sweden or Belgium (Dont know why I mix those two, but I know I have the name of the lab/company written somewhere)

S

SmallFairy

No one knows for sure yet. But nor Ahn, nor Shipulin were mentioned in McLaren report but they were also not allowed to compete.
According to this article, athletes were not allowed due to their presence in Moscow anti-doping's database. This database contains all doping tests results from January of 2012 till July of 2015.

So Stolbova and Bukin may be in that database? But not Klimov? Or Stepanova?

Bigbird

Wasnt there a rumor in 2014 that Bukin had epilepsy and was going to retire? Maybe he's on special medication that would otherwise be banned and is in the database for that? Hopefully this can be fixed. :(

That's what I'm thinking. The issue is what drugs were prescribed and were these approved. If he has been booted, we know the answer to that.

Hindernisse

I remember that from the first version of McLaren's report it was not clear that the sample was taken at Sochi Olympics. It only mentioned female Gold and Silver medalist, lots automatically thought of Sochi and only Stolbova fit in this description. But the report did not specify Sochi IIRC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information