From Russia with love [#28]: Autumn to Winter 2017

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
17 Ladies have qualified to Nationals:
via GP events: Medvedeva, Radionova, Sotskova, Pogorilaya, Zagitova, Tuktamysheva, Tsurskaya, Leonova, Mikhailova
via JGPF: Trusova, Kostornaya, Samodurova, Tarakanova, Panenkova
via Russian Cup events: Gulyakova, Gubanova and Konstantinova

Sakhanovich VS Fedichkina for the last, 18th, spot :wuzrobbed

When are Russian Nats this year? I want it on my calendar, NOW.

Also, does Russia have 2 dance spots or 3?

Ka3sha

Competition days are December, 21-23. Nationals will be in St Petersburg this year
Schedule (Moscow time):
December, 21
14:00-16:30 Men's SP
16:50-18:50 Pairs SP
19:15-20:00 Opening ceremony
20:30-22:15 Ice Dance, SD

December, 22
14:00-16:30 Ladies SP
16:50-19:50 Men's FP
20:10-21:55 Ice Dance FD

December, 23
15:00-17:15 Pairs FP
17:35-20:35 Ladies FP

December, 24
13:00-13:45 Medal ceremonies
14:00-16:00 Exhibitions

Marco

Has RUS traditionally always followed Nationals results?

I was thinking 1998 when they sent Slutskaya to Euros ahead of Sokolova, but when Soldatova didn't place top 5 there, sent Sokolova to the Olympics instead. I don't recall other exceptions in the ladies?

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
You know, right on Christmas, when I was telling you `get your passport and let's go'?

Has RUS traditionally always followed Nationals results?
No. Kovtun won the 2014 Nationals and Pluschenko went to the Olympics; Pogorilaya was taken off the WTT last year, Menshov was always out of the major competitions no matter where he placed and then there are all the junior skaters who participate the senior nationals and can't attend the competitions (Sotnikova was a national champion at the age of 12, Zagitova beat Pogorilaya last year).

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Well, I won't have my Israeli passport in time and Moscow in winter is about 458th on my list of desirable getaways. But I will again rejoice that we're only one hour off from Moscow time so I can watch during normal hours, and I'll make damn sure I have gotten my work done before the Hunger Games start.

I'm sorry Russia only has two spots as I would like to see Z/G go, if possible. But the Fed would probably send L/D anyway to get their feet on the ladder for when the older couples retire, I guess.

Ka3sha

New interview with Mishin, not a very informative one, but a part of it made me :rofl: and :respec:
http://cska.ru/news/11707

- The interests of young people've changed: in the past boys and girls used to listen to rock and jazz, now they are listening to rap. Is it important to you, to know what your students are thinking about? What kind of music do they listen to, what books do they read?
- I do not have such a question, because we are moving in one direction. I am in the context of rap - Gnoiny, Oxxxymiron (Russian rapers :D ) and so on. We are in one boat with skaters.
- Do you inculcate your tastes to your students?
- No. I accept my students the way they are, with their love for rap (or other things). I do not think that the old is better than the new one. You know, once they forbade tango, and now girls shake their butts, and it's called "twerk". I'm not inclined to prohibitions. Life itself will determine what is good and what is bad.

Last edited:

lala

New interview with Mishin, not a very informative one, but a part of it made me :rofl: and :respec:
http://cska.ru/news/11707

- The interests of young people've changed: in the past boys and girls used to listen to rock and jazz, now they are listening to rap. Is it important to you, to know what your students are thinking about? What kind of music do they listen to, what books do they read?
- I do not have such a question, because we are moving in one direction. I am in the context of rap - Gnoiny, Oxxxymiron (Russian rapers :D ) and so on. We are in one boat with skaters.
- Do you inculcate your tastes to your students?
- No. I accept my students the way they are, with their love for rap (or other things). I do not think that the old is better than the new one. You know, once they forbade tango, and now girls shake their butts, and it's called "twerk". I'm not inclined to prohibitions. Life itself will determine what is good and what is bad.
:respec:

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
Mean while Tsareva tells Vaytsekhovskaya (in rsport.ria.ru): `We'll have to wait for a couple of days till Anna recovers from the flight and the failed skate and then decide where and how to mend her back. Guess the federation should make a decision'
Then Gorshkov replies (again, in rsport.ria.ru): `Anna is part of team Russia hence gets all the benefits coming with. We are willing to help and support in every possible way including treatment abroad if needed. But the initiative should come from the athlete and her coach'. So far neither the skater, the coach nor the dorctor workign with the team contacted the federation.

Um... WTF?

zoe111

Mean while Tsareva tells Vaytsekhovskaya (in rsport.ria.ru): `We'll have to wait for a couple of days till Anna recovers from the flight and the failed skate and then decide where and how to mend her back. Guess the federation should make a decision'
Then Gorshkov replies (again, in rsport.ria.ru): `Anna is part of team Russia hence gets all the benefits coming with. We are willing to help and support in every possible way including treatment abroad if needed. But the initiative should come from the athlete and her coach'. So far neither the skater, the coach nor the dorctor workign with the team contacted the federation.

Um... WTF?
This smells like a really bad situation for Anna.

hanca

Values her privacy
http://tass.ru/sport/4695392

Coach Anna Tsareva called her dialogue with the Russian figure skater Anne Pogorila after an unsuccessful hire of an arbitrary program during the Grand Prix series in Canada, which was on the air, "the usual analysis of errors." -google translate
Well, what else can she say? Maybe “I was supposed to be the professional but somehow I slipped back to my teenage years for those five minutes after Anna finished skating”?

Polina2006

http://tass.ru/sport/4695392

Coach Anna Tsareva called her dialogue with the Russian figure skater Anne Pogorila after an unsuccessful hire of an arbitrary program during the Grand Prix series in Canada, which was on the air, "the usual analysis of errors." -google translate
Wow, she called this "the usual analysis of errors!" I don't see any analysis except calling her student lazy (only practice run-through of her FS once a week), skating dead with wooden legs and no speed, and would leave her if she skates like this again, when Anna had been in deep pain. Well, even if it's normal for them, it obviously has not been working with Anna's history of meltdowns. Best wishes and luck to Anna in finding her health and happiness back.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Wow, she called this "the usual analysis of errors!" I don't see any analysis except calling her student lazy (only practice run-through of her FS once a week), skating dead with wooden legs and no speed, and would leave her if she skates like this again, when Anna had been in deep pain. Well, even if it's normal for them, it obviously has not been working with Anna's history of meltdowns. Best wishes and luck to Anna in finding her health and happiness back.

I would love to see Anna go to Plushenko, even though he is a new coach. He strikes me as a sensitive person.

Marco

17 Ladies have qualified to Nationals:
via GP events: Medvedeva, Radionova, Sotskova, Pogorilaya, Zagitova, Tuktamysheva, Tsurskaya, Leonova, Mikhailova
via JGPF: Trusova, Kostornaya, Samodurova, Tarakanova, Panenkova
via Russian Cup events: Gulyakova, Gubanova and Konstantinova

Sakhanovich VS Fedichkina for the last, 18th, spot :wuzrobbed

2nd place at Minsk Challenger (and Plushenko student) vs 1st place at Cup of Nice (non-Challenger) - is this to be decided via Russian Cup or via "body of work"?

lala

2nd place at Minsk Challenger (and Plushenko student) vs 1st place at Cup of Nice (non-Challenger) - is this to be decided via Russian Cup or via "body of work"?
Good question....Will be more competitions for them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information