Davis and White #36: What a Wonderful World

Laura4

Looks like Meryl and Fedor spent their Memorial Day weekend camping or "glamping" as some like to say:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bx7_8BPH3J9/

Don't know what Charlie has been up to as he rarely posts on social media. I did see Tanith on the Olympic Channel. She was doing some interview work at the U.S. National Diving Championships. She sure is making a name for herself as a sports reporter. :cheer2:

aftershocks

Banned Member
Charlie posted a pic today of himself with little Charlie. Wish we could see the little one's face. :)

I think we can't see little Charlie's face on purpose. His parents want to limit views of his face, since he's a minor child. That makes sense.

With Charlie and his son having the same name, do they call little Charlie, 'Junior'? I know, why not call him 'Chaz' for short? :D

Cross-posting the below Instagram link from Pairs Two As One thread:

Miriam Ziegler and Severin Kiefer are training at the John Z camp with Charlie White. Maybe Charlie is choreographing a new program for them? And he shows Miriam how to perform a dance lift. It must be cool working with a skater who has only recently retired and thus understands what it's like to compete on the ice.

Laura4

I think we can't see little Charlie's face on purpose. His parents want to limit views of his face, since he's a minor child. That makes sense.

With Charlie and his son having the same name, do they call little Charlie, 'Junior'? I know, why not call him 'Chaz' for short? :D

Cross-posting the below Instagram link from Pairs Two As One thread:

Miriam Ziegler and Severin Kiefer are training at the John Z camp with Charlie White. Maybe Charlie is choreographing a new program for them? And he shows Miriam how to perform a dance lift. It must be cool working with a skater who has only recently retired and thus understands what it's like to compete on the ice.

So I wondered if Charlie might be working with any of Zueva's teams now that she is based in Florida and he is there working with some of the pairs team, then this popped up on my Instagram feed:

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Charlie posted a pic today of himself with little Charlie. Wish we could see the little one's face. :)

IMO he is very smart to keep his son's face off social media. Way too many weirdos out there. I can't believe the kid is that big!

aftershocks

Banned Member
So I wondered if Charlie might be working with any of Zueva's teams now that she is based in Florida and he is there working with some of the pairs team, then this popped up on my Instagram feed:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bys9Ru0jzw8/

:D Everybody and their brother secretly and not-so-secretly wish to work with Charlie White after he helped the below skaters accomplish great performances last season! :cheer2: John Kerr should be another go-to pairs choreographer IMO. I even noticed at WTT this season how much Zabiako/Enbert are trying to emulate James/Cipres' skating style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZnWFHvsAr4 J/C Euros performance with excellent Eurosport commentary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8GtylL81bM J/C World championships fp without commentary

It's a shame that this is all I could locate on Youtube of Denney/Frazier's wonderful sp by Charlie last season. I guess you have to get NBC gold to see D/F's fp by Charlie White: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCLCzTL5wHY

Below are the only detailed comments I've heard Charlie express about working with James/Cipes (thanks to @clairecloutier) :)

"First of all, James & Cipres and their coaches, John Zimmerman and Silvia Fontana, were super-prepared, and had great entrances to their elements, and ideas that they wanted to play with. It makes such a difference to come into an atmosphere like that, where a team knows what they need to accomplish. So, from a creative aspect, first and foremost, they’re just so beautiful. (Smiles) And that’s such an advantage. So I wanted that to be okay to be what was focused on.

I didn’t want to over-embellish anything, for two reasons. One, because they’re so beautiful, that just having them simply look at one another, it emotionally connects everyone in the audience to either their connection or their faces. On the other hand, because they have so much speed, and their elements are so powerful and amazing just by themselves, that I wanted them to feel most comfortable and energetic to complete those elements.

I think the main thing I wanted them to address in their skating, and we worked it into the program, was just making sure that everything was in sync. So, the cleanliness that I think the choreography brought to their power was just a great match. They worked super-hard and built off what we created and went with it. I don’t feel comfortable taking much of the credit. I think they really earned all of the compliments."

And Charlie has been equally modest in his brief comments (during U.S. Nationals) about the work he did for Haven Denney and Brandon Frazier of the U.S.

twizzletoes76

I assumed it must be coming up as Meryl said June in an interview not long ago. And, there aren’t many days left in June... I guess we will all have to keep eyes open for wedding photos...

aftershocks

Banned Member
Ahhhh, an English country farmhouse, or rather French country farmhouse fabulous wedding venue! People mag gave a somewhat misleading impression with their 'farmhouse' characterization. :)

Congrats to the happy couple!!! :cheer2:

Laura4

I hadn't watched it with the sound on before! That laugh is the best :rofl:

I want a better look at Meryl's dress - do I spy illusion netting? but 5 stars for the bouquet right now. Peonies!

I found this on Tumblr:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information