Chinese skating news pt. 5 & social media updates, 2023-24

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
I guess there's one thing good to come out of the awful CCP social scorecards after all...

otisgear

What about Wang/Zhu?
Yang/Deng are outscoring them now. Wang/Zhu have always struggled to get positive GOEs on their lifts, and were falling on spins and crashing into each other on their SBS jumps at the NWG... Their recent performances remind me very much of Zhao/Liu and their downwards trajectory earlier this season before splitting/retiring.

raruki

The future number 2 Chinese pair could be Jia(The giant misogynistic baby)Ziqi/Zhao Wantong? the new pair. HATE HIM but still have to admit that he is one of the few Chinese men in pair skating who is technically capable. Zhao is also a good pair girl. Hope that he can stick with her for a bit longer, unlike his previous partners.

But honestly, I don't think any of them might get a chance to compete internationally, and many of the senior pair skaters in China are pretty mediocre at international competitions. I also seriously doubt that Wang Yihan will be strong enough to carry and lift his current partner Zhang Jiaxun when Zhang starts to get puberty based on his poor work ethic and fitness level, even though they can land harder SBS combo and quad twist. The pair skating in China is just devastatingly hopeless in this Olympic cycle, I just hope that Luan Bo and Sui can make some magic on their junior teams in the future after Milan 2026.

Last edited:

On My Own

They are Team Wang Jialei (Chinese Samba school and Chinese Eteri LOL).
Training in Coach Higuchi's rink is a good choice IMO.
Hope you guys are feeling bit less gloom and doom, btw, I felt gutted for your team and you fans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information