Championnats québecois d'été (Quebec Summer Championships), Aug. 8-11, 2019

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
Scores after both groups of senior men:
Celestino (PHI) TES 32.46; PCS 35.45; total 67.91
Markell 27.07; 34.90; 60.97
Ramilison 24.55; 28.90; 53.45
Rondeau 20.46; 27.75; 47.21
Pelletier 14.44; 28.15; 46.59

No shows - Nadeau & Day.

That's it for the senior men.

By the way, at the moment, clicking on the detailed results link for the senior men brings up a pre-novice result!!

Edited to add that this morning the detailed results link for the senior men is correct (y)

Last edited:

danafan

Canadian ladies über
I didn't get to see it (and it seems they are not archiving this year like they usually do) but Sarah-Maude Blanchard got 56.89 (which includes 1.0 bonus for I think rotating the required jump as a triple). And it's the triple loop which is a jump she doesn't normally do! Seems she had trouble with the double axel. But I would expect her to get one of the JGP assignments. She did a triple flip double toe for her combo.

victorskid

I didn't get to see it (and it seems they are not archiving this year like they usually do) but Sarah-Maude Blanchard got 56.89 (which includes 1.0 bonus for I think rotating the required jump as a triple). And it's the triple loop which is a jump she doesn't normally do! Seems she had trouble with the double axel. But I would expect her to get one of the JGP assignments. She did a triple flip double toe for her combo.

I didn't see it either but I'm happy to hear that she did that well. I spoke to her mother at Minto Summer Skate - Sarah-Maude didn't compete there as she had an issue with one leg and didn't want to make it worse. She was very disappointed not to be able to compete but her eye was on the Quebec event.

Edited to add the link to the SP results for the Junior Women: https://resultats.patinage.qc.ca/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/13_DET.pdf

Last edited:

Picton

Sylvia

TBD
Saturday event order in Rink 4 is:

Junior Pairs SP starting order:
1 Esther Feinberg / Alexandre Simard (new)
2 Clémence Vallières / Samir Andjorin
3 Gabrielle Levesque / Pier‐Alexandre Hudon (assigned to Lake Placid JGP)
4 Kelly Ann Laurin / Loucas Éthier
[5 Shallen Bear / Marty Haubrich eta: WD]
6 Émy Carignan / Bryan Pierro (new)
7 Camille Perreault / William St‐Louis (new)
8 Chloe Panetta / Benjamin Mimar

Senior Pairs SP starting order (scheduled start time is 10:50):
1 Lori‐Ann Matte / Thierry Ferland
2 Camille Ruest / Andrew Wolfe
3 Nadine Wang / Francis Boudreau‐Audet (new)
4 Isabella Gamez / David‐Alexandre Paradis PHI (new)
[5 Chloe Choinard / Mathieu Ostiguy - he recently announced their split]
6 Justine Brasseur / Mark Bardei
7 Lubov Ilyushechkina / Charlie Bilodeau (DEBUT)
[8 Natasha Purich / Bryce Chudak - she's still recovering from her latest knee surgery in early July]

Scheduled times:
11:55 Senior Women SP
15:20 Junior Women FS
19:50 Senior Rhythm Dance
21:00 Senior Men FS

Last edited:

Catherine M

Is Hudon tall enough for Choinard? Asking for a friend

Cause He is way too good for Levesque and her non existent double axel

victorskid

Due to an unexpected engagement later (and especially since they appear to be running late), I will likely miss seeing at least the latter part of the senior SP - hoping for PBP and perhaps even video :)

Last edited:

Catherine M

Due to an unexpected engagement later, I will likely miss seeing at least the latter part of the senior SP - hoping for PBP and perhaps even video :)

I don't know how to do capture video but will for sure do PBP of sr pairs for you and others that can't watch

Catherine M

The throw jump in jr pairs this year being a toe/flip/lutz is going to make for some messy programs for the teams going for a triple

danafan

Canadian ladies über
I have to go out for lunch with my family around noon but I am going to try to record the stream of the pairs short and ladies short while I'm gone. Seems they are behind as the pre senior short flood was supposed to be now.

Catherine M

Just something that popped into my head.

20 years ago at this event, Sale & Pelletier debut "Love Story". I wasn't in the stands but my friend Amy was and till this day she says its one of those magical skating moments. So you never know what will happen at a random summer comp

Catherine M

Matte & Ferland: messy sbs triple sals, step out and almost fall on the throw triple flip/lutz (couldn't tell the take off) Nice triple twist and lift. I barely recognize Ferland as he really has bulked up!!

On replay it looks like Ferland only did a db sal but its hard to tell with her body in the way

honey

Ruest/Wolfe

Not loving either costume, especially his :slinkaway

Better-ish triple twist, still crashy
3T, she maybe hand, but pretty good!
Lift down early, but tried to cover it
Throw 3S, nice! Slow and long entry though

They look about where I'd expect for her having had surgery and been off. 58.11

J

Jeschke

R/W are such a disappointment for me; as they came up it seems they had lots of potential. But I can't see any progress here since 2 seasons. Overall still slow and the lifts seem to get even worse. 👎
(okay, had no clue about surgery)

Catherine M

Ruest & Wolfe: better triple twist, sbs triple toes (she might have touched), messy exit on the lift, throw triple sal (can't they do something harder?!?)

Sorry no music as unless its 'Carmen", I'm not going to know it

Catherine M

Wang & Boudreau-Audet: triple twist (new for them as they did double at minto), sbs triple sals (he had down), lift might have not have been totally done, step out on throw triple flip/lutz.

I LOVE Nadine so thanks USFS for releasing her so she can continue her career with Frank

Catherine M

I haven't been this excited to see a team make their debut in a very long time.

I'm sure Luba & Charlie are more than ready to compete once again.

And Bardei's throw technique still looks like crap in the warm-up

J

Jeschke

I thought Bardei looked so damn promising with Oganesian back in the days for UKR.
Can't see much left unfortunately :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information