Championnats québecois d'été (Quebec Summer Championships), Aug. 8-11, 2019

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Maya Isabelle has nice presentation and smoothness. Unfortunately, she also has Feelin' Good. I like the song, but even I'm getting sick of it.

Sylvia

TBD
Maya Isabelle has nice presentation and smoothness. Unfortunately, she also has Feelin' Good. I like the song, but even I'm getting sick of it.
At least it was the Nina Simone version.

Top 3 Senior ladies after SP:
Hannah Dawson 54.43
Kim Decelles 52.89
Alicia Pineault 48.11

Rink 4 is running about 40 mins. behind schedule.
Scheduled [start] times:
15:20 Junior Women FS
19:50 Senior Rhythm Dance
21:00 Senior Men FS

Colonel Green

So, how big will Emmy and Aissa's lead be?

EDIT: Over fifteen points. Yeah, nobody's coming anywhere near them today.

There's their RD.

Last edited:

euterpe

The JUNIOR RD Scores:

1​
Emmy BRONSARD / Aissa BOUARAGUIA
62.44​
2​
Jessica LI / Jacob RICHMOND
56.51​
3​
Sophia KAGOLOSKAYA / Kieran MacDONALD
47.30​
4​
Olivia TREMBLAY / Emile COUTURE
43.41​
5​
Jasmine LEVESQUE / Alexandre FAUCHER
36.25​
6​
Josee-Anne LAVOIE / William JALBERT
35.78​
7​
Elisabeth POIRIER / Zachary WHITTAKER
35.67​
8​
Virginy GUERTIN / Kameron JEROMKIN
32.96​
9​
Janine RHO / Jack YANG
29.62​

shutterbug

62.44 for Emmy Bronsard/Aissa Bouaraguia (10 days until their JGP in Courchevel) - RD protocols: https://resultats.patinage.qc.ca/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/17_DET.pdf
Junior Men SP is scheduled to start in Rink 3 at 21:35 Eastern tonight (Joseph Phan is listed in the starting order).

Junior Women FS is on ice resurfacing break before groups 4 & 5 in rink 4 - starting order: https://resultats.patinage.qc.ca/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/13_OD.pdf
Are they still around 40 minutes behind? The power is out in my neighborhood, so I am trying to prepare for watching the senior RD on my phone. LOL

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
Both rinks 3 & 4 are running behind but, for #4, apparently there were a # of withdrawals in the junior women so that may improve the situation. There's a warm-up group on the ice at the moment - #4 (or the next-to-last group).

Last edited:

shutterbug

Both rinks 3 & 4 are running behind but, for #4, apparently there were a # of withdrawals in the junior women so that may improve the situation. There's a warm-up group on the ice at the moment - #4 (or the next-to-last group).
Thank you! Power is back on. Crisis averted. :lol:

danafan

Canadian ladies über
Wow Blanchard looks fantastic out there! Until she went down on the lutz. and the salchow. But she seems to have the triple loop now (she got positive GOE on it in the short). Interesting that she did a single axel triple toe - the single almost looked deliberate. Music is the Everybody Wants to Rule the World that Seguin and Bilodeau used. So are you sure you don't want to skate senior and get the Skate Canada host pick? ;)

Debbie S

Is anyone else getting a "Channel Offline" message?

OK, now it looks like I've got skating back.

victorskid

Wow Blanchard looks fantastic out there! Until she went down on the lutz. and the salchow. But she seems to have the triple loop now (she got positive GOE on it in the short). Interesting that she did a single axel triple toe - the single almost looked deliberate. Music is the Everybody Wants to Rule the World that Seguin and Bilodeau used. So are you sure you don't want to skate senior and get the Skate Canada host pick? ;)
As I mentioned earlier, she withdrew from Minto Summer Skate due to a problem with one leg - from how her mother described it to me, I thought it might have been a muscle pull. I'm thinking there may be some deliberate program choices if she is still recovering.

victorskid

We didn't get to see all of the replay of Sarah-Maude's program nor her marks. I'm getting the ads. I presume that means the last 2 skaters withdrew and they are re-icing but that's just a guess.

Debbie S

We didn't get to see all of the replay of Sarah-Maude's program nor her marks. I'm getting the ads. I presume that means the last 2 skaters withdrew and they are re-icing but that's just a guess.
I closed the window and clicked on the link (in this thread) again and it came back.

But it did just freeze for a few secs. I hope it works during the RD.

Wyliefan

I've got "Channel Offline" now. Hopefully it'll be back in time for the RD . . .

victorskid

The stream is back on and the first warm-up group is on the ice. Officials being introduced.

Wyliefan

I wonder what version of Sweet Charity this is. That voice isn't even remotely familiar.

Wyliefan

Camera angle wasn't the best, but did Olivia just stumble in the pattern?

Debbie S

That's what it looked like to me, too.

They totally nailed the look of Grease, but looked labored. And did the ISU relax the skirt requirement for the RD this year?

JoannaLouise

Official Toaster Oven Monitor
I am definitely no teknik when it comes to dance, but I thought it looked like she stumbled a bit right at the start of the pattern.

I loved their RD though - I think it's going to be hilariously awesome and campy once they're a bit more comfortable with it. :inavoid:

Colonel Green

Every time one of the teams gets to the point in the pattern where the toepick dance would be and then breezes past it makes my soul die a bit.

And did the ISU relax the skirt requirement for the RD this year?
Pants are allowed this year (similar to 2016-17) due to the theme.

Debbie S

Every time one of the teams gets to the point in the pattern where the toepick dance would be and then breezes past it makes my soul die a bit.

Pants are allowed this year (similar to 2016-17) due to the theme.
Thanks!

I know what you mean about the pattern, but I think it was a good idea to take that out. I've seen people practice that at my rink and it's hard. I'd rather see the skaters expend their energy on dance moves to their specific music.

Debbie S

I liked the first half of S/F. Not sure about the second song. Edit feels abrupt, and wasn't "I Can't Take My Eyes Off You" Frankie Valli's own song, after the group split? I wish they'd combined the first song with another song from the same era/sound.

Wyliefan

OK, I love that program, and I think it'll be awesome with some more mileage on it. Great energy from Shane; Caro seemed a bit tight and nervous. But they're looking at each other a lot more, and that's good. The music really suits them. And I love the color of her dress and the way it moves.

JoannaLouise

Official Toaster Oven Monitor
Rats, Fournier-Beaudry/Sorensen must have withdrawn. I didn't hear the announcer call their names for the warm-up. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information