Championnats québecois d'été (Quebec Summer Championships), Aug. 8-11, 2019

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Wow Dawson looks stunning out there. Good start with a triple (f)lutz, 2axel 3toe and 3 loop before doing a waxel. Almost down on the flip, and squeaks out the salchow. Nice 3toe 2toe. I think she has great presence out there!

@Wyliefan I think you'd be pleased!

Thanks very much!

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
Unofficial results of the junior ice dance, based on total scores:
  1. Bronsard/Bouaraguia 158.01 [FD 95.57]
  2. Li/Richmond 136.62 [80.11]
  3. Kagolovskaya/MacDonald 124.53 [77.23]
  4. Tremblay/Couture 117.54 [74.13]
  5. Levesque/Faucher 100.70 [64.45]
  6. Lavoie/Jalbert 99.07 [63.29]
  7. Poirier/Whittaker 96.30 [60.63]
  8. Rho/Yang 80.50 [50.88]
  9. Guertin/Jeromkin 79.52 [46.56]

JoannaLouise

Official Toaster Oven Monitor
Kim DeGuise Léveillée: Music is Burlesque, which suddenly seems to be very popular - I guess Samodurova started a trend.
3f fall, 2lo, 2s, 3f fall, 2t, 3t fall, 1a

That was pretty rough. :( A long way from Nationals a few years ago where she was in the top 6 after the SP.

danafan

Canadian ladies über
I feel so bad for Kim Deguise Leveillee. It's hard to believe she's never skated as a senior internationally after being jr champion and doing one season on the JGP. And she finished 6th at nationals in the Olympic year when we had three spots but couldn't go to 4CC because she didn't have any chance to get the TES minimums. And she just hasn't skated well since those nationals quite frankly. Only 67.96 points ouch :(

victorskid

Kim DeGuise Léveillée: Music is Burlesque, which suddenly seems to be very popular - I guess Samodurova started a trend.
3f fall, 2lo, 2s, 3f fall, 2t, 3t fall, 1a

That was pretty rough. :( A long way from Nationals a few years ago where she was in the top 6 after the SP.
FS score of 67.96 with a total of 114.85, putting her in 12th place with 1 more to skate...

danafan

Canadian ladies über
That was pretty good for Kim Decelles. I think I say this every competition, but she is one of my favourite skaters! I really hope Skate Canada will give her an international assignment. Compared to how the other seniors have skated this season, this was pretty good. LOL she almost fell at the end there.

JoannaLouise

Kim Decelles: 3lz, 3f fall, 2a, 3s1t, 2a2t, 3s, 3t2t.

One fall and a few close saves, but no pops! I also think she has come a long way in her presentation.

victorskid

That was pretty good for Kim Decelles. I think I say this every competition, but she is one of my favourite skaters! I really hope Skate Canada will give her an international assignment. Compared to how the other seniors have skated this season, this was pretty good. LOL she almost fell at the end there.
and with a FS score of 105.87 and a total score of 158.39 she takes 1st place :)

danafan

Canadian ladies über
Darn my stream always cuts out before the final kiss n cry moment. Kim made this really funny face there LOL. She wins!

danafan

Canadian ladies über
Aw, Decelles started crying when she saw that she had won! ❤

Awww I missed it. This always happens when I cast from my phone to my smart TV.

That score is very close to the 165 domestic benchmark for Skate Canada's international selection. Is that the highest summer competition score for the Canadian ladies? I'd have to check.

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg
Top 5 Canada senior ladies scores so far -

Aurora Cotop 167
Emily Bausback 161
Kim Decelles 158
Hannah Dawson 157
Alicia Pineault 152

JoannaLouise

Fabbri/Ayer scored 100.88 in the FD, 163.39 overall.

Their music was a female-ballad version of Never Tear Us Apart, with a few kind of techno/synth bits. (I know that sounds weird, but I'm not sure how else to describe it. :lol: )

I know nothing about dance, but their unison was very good through their fw sections, and they seemed really pleased at the end of their performance.

Debbie S

I missed the beginning of S/F, but of what I saw....it seems like they are trying to go back to what they did 2 seasons ago, and while this music is better than what they had last season, it seems kind of....generic...and they don't seem to connect with it. At times, I felt like their skating/elements didn't match the music.

Wyliefan

I think that was good from Caro and Shane. A couple rough/tentative spots, but the slow section looks better, and the program overall makes a strong impression. Love their speed.

JoannaLouise

Soucisse/Firus skated to a Tom Jones medley. It's a fun program, and definitely plays to their strengths. Skated with lots of speed, especially in the first section. I like her gold dress and his glittery jacket.

110.93 for the FD, 184.55 overall.

Wyliefan

Take everything I say with a large grain of salt, because I'm inextricably caught up in the Uber Matrix ;) , but L/LeG seem to have no energy at all this weekend. I miss their last season's FD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information