CBS' The Amazing Race Season 32

jadingirl

I think I am rooting for the blonds now. They definitely have the luck - 2 non elimination rounds and still around.
I loved when she was standing there saying "Can we have a head please?" and waiting for them to finish cooking.
And I don't like the Alliance of 5 - it will be interesting to watch it break down in the coming weeks - especially if they get the blonds eliminated next round. I've liked Hung and CHee from the beginning but she needs to work on being too nice!

skatemomaz

Resist
I like the beard bros, NFL dudes and Hung and Chee but they need to quit the alliance. I was not thrilled with the sharing of the word crap. I don't mind the boyfriends, they are just playing the game. The blondes are starting to grow on me. Brother and sister are ok, but a little boring. Happy to see the "smart" team gone, they bugged me from the start.

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
I like the beard bros, NFL dudes and Hung and Chee but they need to quit the alliance.
Yes. The beard bros are good racers. I kind of go back and forth on the NFL dudes, but they seem to have a really nice friendship and to enjoy each other so much. I like Hung and Chee a lot until they start talking about their relationship. TAR likes focusing on the "how the show has made our relationship better," which I find kind of tedious in the same way that I could fast-forward through the "how this show has taught me the true meaning of life" segments on Survivor.

The blondes are starting to grow on me.
They seem to be enjoying themselves, which is always a good thing in a TAR team.
Brother and sister are ok, but a little boring.
Yeah, every time they are featured, it takes me a couple of seconds to remember who they are.

Lilia A

I knew there would be alliance drama when the alliance was mentioned three times over the course of two minutes.
I think I have a favorite team now, but I don't want to jinx them so I won't say anything...

smurfy

This past week - 2 episodes!
I have a poster from the East Side Gallery in Berlin I got in 1990 in my home.
Beer Yoga! lol
Kazakhstan was very cool. The 2 challenges here really involved the most people and organizing of any challenge ever?
A dream job of mine is working logistics for this show -plan the routes/methods of travel and research locally related tasks.

None of the teams annoy me, excepting the dating guys a little. I am appreciating how the blonds are settling into a groove that show improvement. How can you not root for them?
I do not like the Alliance though - it is showing sides of the people that sometimes are not nice. I like the NFL guys and Hung and Chee. Loved the beards matching with the blonds.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I can't believe I'm the first to comment on these two episodes!

I really enjoyed the challenges again. Though every time the Indian siblings said "We're software engineers!" I wanted to punch them. But also every time Phil said 1s and 0s are the base of computer programming, I kind of wanted to punch him too. No one these days does anything with binary!

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
I’m not sure how the bro and sis team have survived this long because they kind of suck at a lot of the challenges. They always seem to arrive early and then leave late. I hate that the boyfriends will likely make it to the finale because of their alliance because I find James so annoying.

jadingirl

So sad for the blondes - was hoping they would have the luck but they got lost again and then 2 yields.
Am a little tired of the NFL guys and thought it was interesting to see them get snubbed on info from James so that Hung could catch up - wonder how that will play out next week.

annie720

Good races last night! I like how a couple of the teams commented on how fun the day had been. It's good to see a leg in India where it didn't look like they were all about to collapse from the heat. I'm so tired of the alliance that I may have to start pulling for the team that is the least involved in it, even if it's the NFLers.

Last edited:

love skating

Clueless American
I don't like alliances in TAR mainly cause I hate that teams don't have to figure out things themselves. I'm fine with helping when it's "oh the clue box is over there", etc. but giving actual answers, etc. bugs me. Having said that I don't really hate anyone or totally love anyone either this season. At least it makes for easier viewing then actively rooting for someone and worrying all episode. The blondes surprisingly endeared themselves to me, they handled their yields with class and had a great attitude all megaleg. I do wonder just how close they were at the end and whether without the yield they would have caught up. I'm guessing probably not.

I forgot to mention last week that the woman greeting the racers in Kazakhstan made me think of Madison Chock - anyone else see a resemblance? Sorry I can't find a picture of her!

BaileyCatts

After 32 seasons they finally got me with a task I could not deal with. The dental thing. Horrible experience when I was 10 years old where I had one of those molds done. She didn't tell me what she was doing, jammed that thing in my mouth, and I started gagging and choking so bad I, as a 10 year old remember, thought I was going to choke to death and die. Dental person kept screaming at me to 'quit acting like that' and truly built such a fear of dentists into me it lasts to this day. I was gagging so bad watching that I almost puked. :wideeyes:

I'm all in for a Hung and Chee win now. I could deal with the Volleyball players also but not Will and James or NFLers. When did that brother and sister join the race? I barely remember them :lol:

Well next week will be fun with the U-turn. You know they are gonna get the NFLers but what will NFLers do if they get there first.

Last edited:

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I'm all in for a Hung and Chee win now.
I've been in with them from the beginning.

When did that brother and sister join the race? I barely remember them :lol:
They're software engineers! They can code! :lol:

I don't know if this happens in other parts of the country, but here in the Bay Area these people run for School Board and City Council and sometimes even Mayor and that's their whole campaign. Vote for me because I"m a software engineer and I'm logical and I know how to solve problems! They rarely win and probably because everyone who is a software engineer (including me) just rolls their eyes.

smurfy

After 32 seasons they finally got me with a task I could not deal with. The dental thing. Horrible experience when I was 10 years old where I had one of those molds done. She didn't tell me what she was doing, jammed that thing in my mouth, and I started gagging and choking so bad I, as a 10 year old remember, thought I was going to choke to death and die. Dental person kept screaming at me to 'quit acting like that' and truly built such a fear of dentists into me it lasts to this day. I was gagging so bad watching that I almost puked. :wideeyes:

I'm all in for a Hung and Chee win now. I could deal with the Volleyball players also but not Will and James or NFLers. When did that brother and sister join the race? I barely remember them :lol:

Well next week will be fun with the U-turn. You know they are gonna get the NFLers but what will NFLers do if they get there first.

I too was gagging. I had molds when i was 11. OMG - what a horrible experience. And even pre Covid - that just did not seem sanitary - and invading personal space like that by an untrained person. GROSS!
I am so amused by everyone remembering the bro/sis team. I liked them in the beginning and then they seem to disappear and now reappear.
Bummed for the blonds - I liked their attitude and rooting for the underdog vs the Alliance.
I like the NFLers but they have annoyed some folks. I think I am fine that anybody but the dating guys win.
H & Ch - since it is co-ed and not guys, but yes when they talk about their relationship, snooze.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Every time I get my teeth molded, I gag. It's because I tend to breathe through my mouth. I did think of that during this episode. Every time they stuck a mold in someone's mouth, I was saying to myself "breathe. breathe. breathe" so I wouldn't panic.

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
Every time I get my teeth molded, I gag. It's because I tend to breathe through my mouth. I did think of that during this episode. Every time they stuck a mold in someone's mouth, I was saying to myself "breathe. breathe. breathe" so I wouldn't panic.
I've had to have a lot of molds and most of the time, the tech has said, "Okay, on three I'm going to put this in and I want you to take a deep breath through your nose when I do. Then you just keep breathing through your nose until it's over."

It works.

It also makes a difference how they fill the tray; if they put too much in the back, it squishes out and that will make you gag, too.

I thought of that the entire time. There is no way I would have been the patient for that one.

skatemomaz

Resist
Beard Bros and NFL are still my favorites, I think both teams are good racers and I am more than happy to see the alliance break up. Sad for the blondes, they really had a great attitude all the way through, but wow I think they got lost more than any team ever. I just liked how much they seemed to enjoy themselves even when it was all going wrong.

I'm not feeling the Hung and Chee love and the brother/sister always seem like an afterthought.

I liked this mega episode, all of the roadblocks and detours were actually interesting. I agree it was great to see them racing through India without looking like the heat was going to kill them.

Susan1

I haven't watched the episodes yet. I was going to last night, but I fell asleep. Which episode, so I can fast forward? I can't watch teeth things. I had the mold done for a bite plate for TMJ while my jaw was locked. I couldn't open it farther than to put a spoon in. I thought I was going to die. By the time the bite plate was done, my jaw had unlocked itself anyway. I couldn't wear it because I was always clamping down on it to see if it was working!

Lilia A

As much as I hate dental molds, I would have chosen that task over the other one. Needle in a haystack challenges would be too much anxiety for me.
Now that the 5 team alliance has to end, I think it's the end for the brother and sister team. They, especially she, are not good at challenges and won't get any help now.
The fact that they teased the U turn and the fact that the three top teams are turning on NFL makes me thing they either won't U turn the NFL team (maybe due to arrival order) or that they will but it will be a waste. If NFL gets U turned but then U turns the software engineers, I think they're safe. Unless Gary has to do another music challenge, but these are detour challenges.

sk8pics

I was :eek: at the dental mold task, that anyone would let untrained people do that to them. Not me, nope nope nope.

BaileyCatts

Those two challenges did not seem to be equally fair time wise. Everyone was done at the fish challenge before the garden ones where even half way done.

Figures the NFLers would get to the Uturn first. :blah: I wonder if the Bros woulda gotten there first if their boat did not break down. That seemed to take a lot of time to get it fixed. That sucks when you lose time for something that is totally not your fault like transportation break downs.

Lilia A

I remember how in the early seasons teams used to be delayed by stuff breaking down a lot (mostly cars). Having seen that recently, until now.

You know, if you've tried a task more than 3 times and you're not getting any better, you're probably missing something. Watch the damn demonstration when there is one.

I had a feeling brother and sister were next to go. I'm not bummed, to be honest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information