Carreira/Ponomarenko Need a Cheer Thread

trainingdogs82

It is amazing given pre season predictions Green & Parsons are fighting to just hang onto bronze at Nationals. They seem to have absolutely no shot, even at silver, when some were widly speculating pre season they would be the team to push Chock & Bates, and fly past Hawayek & Baker.

Andora

Skating season ends as baseball season begins
No, I don't think so. Maybe 60-40 in their favor, I'd wager.

Ahhhh - hopefully more 55-45, for wildly optimistic Sagittarians like me then.

Depends on who you ask hahaha. I'd say the odds are in Green/Parsons favor, but also we haven't seen them compete against each other. Hoping for an epic Charlie White/Madison Hubbell staredown backstage (while Scott is confused).

:rofl: Not to take away from Charlie's potential "papa bear" attitude for his teams, but I would peg Scott as more of a scrappy bitch along Ms Hubbell's lines. Maybe a Tanith/Madison staredown backstage while Scott and Charlie take it out to the hockey arena and jersey each other? (I hope I have that term right)

It is amazing given pre season predictions Green & Parsons are fighting to just hang onto bronze at Nationals. They seem to have absolutely no shot, even at silver, when some were widly speculating pre season they would be the team to push Chock & Bates, and fly past Hawayek & Baker.

Insert joke about getting lost and ending up in the Green & Parsons thread here. I kind of kid, because it's wonderful what a revelation Christina & Anthony have been this year after being written off.

But... am I the only one picking up on small linking moves in Car/Pom's FD that are too similar to V&M's last few competitive programs? Before we attack the former V&M uber here, I'm calling out Scott's lack of ingenuity more than anything. :p

ccpompom

I don't really see any resemblance to anything done by VM. i do see some h&d moves that are very subtle but in my opinion their FD is something that hasn't really been done in the past

Andora

Skating season ends as baseball season begins
I don't really see any resemblance to anything done by VM. i do see some h&d moves that are very subtle but in my opinion their FD is something that hasn't really been done in the past
Sorry - yes, to be clear, I don't think their program is like other teams. That's why I mentioned linking moves in particular.

(I don't think either V&M nor H&D would be able to do the lifts Christina and Anthony have taken on this year, certainly not as well)

RoseRed

Ahhhh - hopefully more 55-45, for wildly optimistic Sagittarians like me then.

:rofl: Not to take away from Charlie's potential "papa bear" attitude for his teams, but I would peg Scott as more of a scrappy bitch along Ms Hubbell's lines. Maybe a Tanith/Madison staredown backstage while Scott and Charlie take it out to the hockey arena and jersey each other? (I hope I have that term right)

Insert joke about getting lost and ending up in the Green & Parsons thread here. I kind of kid, because it's wonderful what a revelation Christina & Anthony have been this year after being written off.

But... am I the only one picking up on small linking moves in Car/Pom's FD that are too similar to V&M's last few competitive programs? Before we attack the former V&M uber here, I'm calling out Scott's lack of ingenuity more than anything. :p
Well, Scott's not listed as a choreographer for them this season. Madison, Adrian and Marie-France are.

chameleonster

I'm going to go with 65-35 because I'm superstitious and don't want to jinx them, but I'm really proud of them and their progress! It's also nice to see them looking happy at competitions, they've talked about recovering their joy and confidence for skating. I'm really looking forward to how they develop over the next six weeks now that they've gotten some mileage on their programs. Nationals is also going to be home ice for Anthony so I hope they have good performances to remember!

sap5

Sorry - yes, to be clear, I don't think their program is like other teams. That's why I mentioned linking moves in particular.

(I don't think either V&M nor H&D would be able to do the lifts Christina and Anthony have taken on this year, certainly not as well)
I remember when Scott started choreographing, and then opened his school, there were so many that predicted that any program he worked on would just be a rehash of a VM program. I'm very happy to see how each of the IAMO teams have programs that seem suited to them and their skills. This is a credit to all the IAMO and IAM coaches.

litenkyckling

They worked on the exit too! It's so much more nuanced and detailed than before! Love the matching arms.
their lines are so good this season. I'm excited for the improvements they made
I’ll be interested to see if they’ve kept the assisted jumps or not - after LaLa got rid of theirs it got me thinking as they seem hard to get high goe for. But Scott did say that he really likes the assisted jump element

DreamSkates

Just read in another discussion post that H & B are out of Nationals. This will shake things up for the podium except that C & B are likely to earn gold.
Just noticed the thread title so adding....I hope C & P are on the podium!

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
Just read in another discussion post that H & B are out of Nationals. This will shake things up for the podium except that C & B are likely to earn gold.
Just noticed the thread title so adding....I hope C & P are on the podium!
Well, seeing as there are 4 podium spots at US Nats, it seemed a pretty good bet, even before HawBak withdrew, that CarPon would be on the podium. ;-)

trainingdogs82

Would Hawayek & Baker's petition to go worlds be accepted almost for sure if able/ready to skate? I would say yes based on recent bypassing National results and their results this season, but curious if that is a consensus here.

So Carreira & Ponomarenko probably would still have to beat out Green & Parsons to make it to worlds. I hope they can, but it will be a challenge. I am rooting for them though. I like Green & Parsons too but this season their skating and programs are a dissapointment to me after the excitement of them last season.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
Well if you like reliving trauma here's their US Nats RD

Jk twizzles aside, I thought they did really well! Such improved speed and flow from earlier in the season. That first part is just SO GOOD.

Anyway, they can't control what happens scorewise at this point, so let's just hope they go clean and have a great free dance!

litenkyckling

So gutted for them - they’ve been looking so confident in the twizzles all season! Still less than a point in it though so hopefully they can enjoy the FD. This off season will be so important for Anthony so hope to see stronger twizzles next season!

angi

Twizzles error aside I feel like they were underscored by 1-2 points while many other teams were overscored by 3-4 points at least. Their partial steps sequence, their lift, and their character rhythm steps all deserved higher GOE. I've been a fan of Kolesnik for years, but his partnership while very promising still has a way to go to be at the quality level CPom presented, and the overscoring for them and for M/S, P/B, and B/S was excessive.
Overall CPom's improvement is very noticeable, to me it looked like nerves just made them (especially Anthony) tighter and more prone to mistakes, and I hope they will continue addressing it in practice.

litenkyckling

I've finally rewatched and you know what... it wasn't that bad? The twizzle was bad, yes but the midline stesps were so confident and had the twizzles gone to plan I think we'd have seen them either a hair above or below Gr/P. They looked like a top team in a lot of ways.

I agree with people who have said they are too close to other teams too if I'm honest. Fair enough, Z/K had a good showing (we all know Igor gets the steps trained well) but I wouldn't have M/C and the rest so close. I did watch it sleep deprived so maybe I'm just in a bad mood but thats just how I feel

sap5

I've finally rewatched and you know what... it wasn't that bad? The twizzle was bad, yes but the midline stesps were so confident and had the twizzles gone to plan I think we'd have seen them either a hair above or below Gr/P. They looked like a top team in a lot of ways.

I agree with people who have said they are too close to other teams too if I'm honest. Fair enough, Z/K had a good showing (we all know Igor gets the steps trained well) but I wouldn't have M/C and the rest so close. I did watch it sleep deprived so maybe I'm just in a bad mood but thats just how I feel
Z/K scored above them is ??????

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information