Caroline Green/Michael Parsons are a team

Status
Not open for further replies.

aftershocks

Banned Member
totally agree. Michael height is a limiting factor for his future success in any partnership. Caroline needs a tall guy and only skies will be the limit for her.

The latter is a moot point since Caroline Green is now partnered with Michael Parsons. The former is ridiculous nonsense because Michael Parsons is a successful, medal-winning, championship-winning competitive ice dancer! 🌠

However, let me play along with your pretentious blather:
Your thoughts are a limiting factor for Michael in your own head. You may think Caroline 'needs a tall guy,' but unless you are planning to produce one by magic and make them skate together by gun-point (which has no possible chance in hell of working) your claims and useless suppositions are limitlessly hell-bent.

aftershocks

Banned Member
American measurements please! :drama: :D As if it truly makes any difference to the success of their partnership. There are much more important factors than height involved in competitive ice dance accomplishments.

Clearly there is a visible height difference between Michael and Caroline, which to my eyes on first look is greater than that between Guignard/Fabbri, Hawayek/Baker, Gilles/Poirier, and many other current competitive teams. Height differences or lack thereof is not a significant determinant of success in ice dance.

Last edited:

Cayuse

Michael and Caroline will need time to grow as a team. Let's give it two years at least. He has some of the best stretch and a beautiful arabesque position. I absolutely loved the unison of Michael and his sister Rachel. I so wanted them to skate to "One Singular Sensation" from The Chorus Line this season. I'm looking forward to seeing this team and and their unique look on the ice. I hope they are able to skate to something other than the usual "soft and flowy" music typically given to brand new teams, but if not, I'm willing to give them a few years to reach to that point.

Dobre

Yes, this season will be a transitional season for Caroline into seniors on top of a developmental season for both of them in becoming a new team. On the plus side, there should be absolutely no expectations at all, which can in some ways be a better way to come up out of the junior ranks than facing the pressure that the Parsons faced moving up as Junior World Champions. The opportunity to surprise without the pressure to have to live up to some imaginary bar. Both Michael and Caroline have strong basics. Good power, good speed, and capable of good patterns. She is starting to develop as a performer as well. It will be interesting to see how they jive as a team. But more significantly how they develop as one over time.

Lizziebeth

American measurements please! :drama: :D As if it truly makes any difference to the success of their partnership. There are much more important factors than height involved in competitive ice dance accomplishments.

Clearly there is a visible height difference between Michael and Caroline, which to my eyes on first look is greater than that between Guignard/Fabbri, Hawayek/Baker, Gilles/Poirier, and many other current competitive teams. Height differences or lack thereof is not a significant determinant of success in ice dance.
The ISU and most everywhere in the world uses cm. you can convert it here https://www.thecalculatorsite.com/conversions/common/cm-inches.php

Lara111

The latter is a moot point since Caroline Green is now partnered with Michael Parsons. The former is ridiculous nonsense because Michael Parsons is a successful, medal-winning, championship-winning competitive ice dancer! 🌠

However, let me play along with your pretentious blather:
Your thoughts are a limiting factor for Michael in your own head. You may think Caroline 'needs a tall guy,' but unless you are planning to produce one by magic and make them skate together by gun-point (which has no possible chance in hell of working) your claims and useless suppositions are limitlessly hell-bent.
Caroline would be great with Anthony Ponomarenko (just an example) (do not kill me I know he has a partner and I like Christina/Anthony as a pair)

VGThuy

I have to say if every successful team took the advice of online posters, most of them wouldn't have garnered the success that they've had by sticking to their guns and trusting themselves and their team despite all the "smart" skeptics telling them to do otherwise.

Moustaffask8r

I don't know why anyone is thinking of Logan Bye for Caroline. He would have been my first choice way before Micheal!

aftershocks

Banned Member
^^ Exactly. Those making preferential suggestions are not thinking in practical terms regarding the logistics involved in pairing. It has to feel right for two individuals together on the ice. Learned technique is a factor, as well as goals, motivations, interests, and training venues, not to mention country affiliations in cases of global partnerships which involve more risks, barriers and leaps of faith.

Again, kudos for this development coming together for Caroline and Michael so they both can continue competing.

chameleonster

Ultimately, the thing to remember is that skaters have all the information we do, and quite a bit more than that. They know of all the skaters who they could reasonably partner with, but they also know things like how they think their personalities would match, goals, concessions they're willing to make, etc. Which isn't to say that skaters can never make poor choices, but it is worth noting that there's a lot of calculations that go into your average partnership-- and probably more so in cases like these where there are obvious obstacles from the outset. For instance, if a skater chooses to partner someone with citizenship issues, they have to personally believe that they are worth the trouble. Caroline's youth and inexperience will be an initial hurdle, there's a pretty good chance that Michael is going to want to bow out before she is if this partnership lasts, possible growth related issues, and I can't believe they didn't have an inkling that the age gap might raise eyebrows. All of these could be previously anticipated by someone with no insider information, as this thread has proved. Therefore, they've decided that the pros outweigh the cons. Whether they're correct or if they need to recheck their math remains to be seen, and may not even be settled properly this season. I'm not personally convinced at the moment, but I've had misgivings about new partnerships before and had to eat my words. As I'm fond of both skaters, I hope everything works out for them.

aftershocks

Banned Member
^^ As I said, and as you've reiterated and elaborated on @chameleonster, lots of factors and logistics are involved in new pairings. For that matter, every new partnership is a leap of faith, because none of us know what the future will bring. Therefore, speculation about Michael in particular being more likely to bow out of the partnership due to being older is somewhat of a moot point. At this juncture, it's simply a matter of putting everything into pursuing their mutual goals, and seeing how it all works out. Anything can happen in life and in figure skating, eh!

Let's say that it works out for them and they decide to pursue pointing toward the next two Olympics. On October 3 of this year, Michael will be 24 and Caroline will be 16. It's kind of cool that they share the same birthday. In any case, by 2026 Olympics, Michael will be 30 (turning 31 later that year), and Caroline will be 22 (turning 23 later that year).

Or else, they may wish to pursue only the next Olympics at which point Caroline will be 18 (soon turning 19) and Michael will be 26 (soon turning 27). Continued longevity of their partnership will depend upon their success and other factors, but if either decide to split or retire (particularly in Michael's case), the other could continue if an appropriate partner could be found (particularly in Caroline's case). No matter what, they are giving this new partnership a chance to grow and to thrive. There's no need for sideline fans to throw wrenches into it before they even have a chance to compete at their debut event.

The main point is, they are the ones in the partnership and they have much more information than any of us will ever be privy to in that regard, despite the hand-wringing, random chatter, griping, speculation and OTT over-focus in this thread, by all of us.

VGThuy

Other than his height, and possibly the age difference, why are people treating Michael Parsons like he's a nothing or insignificant skater? His actual skating skills are pretty incredible, has excellent leg line, and he is a World Junior champion and a GP medalist.

winston

Plus, aren't Michael and Logan close in height? (Lack of height difference being a drawback listed in this thread.)

Debbie S

Logan is definitely taller than Michael. And yes, I think someone posted somewhere on here that he has a new partner and will be competing for AUS?

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Not to mention that Logan Bye is 21, has aged out of juniors, and Caroline Green would still have to move up to seniors with him as well.

Dobre

I would love to see Logan continue in dance, but Caroline already has a partner so this probably isn't the thread for this topic.

Logan is definitely taller than Michael. And yes, I think someone posted somewhere on here that he has a new partner and will be competing for AUS?

A poster mentioned quite a while ago that he had been training with Holly Harris. No confirmation on whether they have become a partnership.

aftershocks

Banned Member
On U.S. Figure Skating's Instagram account, there's an Instagram story with videos of many of the skaters announcing their GP assignments, giving thanks and hoping fans will come out. A short video of Caroline and Michael is included, along with an earlier still photo noting their new partnership. This may have already been mentioned in a GP thread or another thread.

It's actually the first time I've heard either of their speaking voices. They look happy and stoked about the chance to compete together. It's fun hearing from all the skaters who were included. I had to laugh at Madi's Hubbell's greeting at the tail end of an exhausting day of training. She looked sleepy, but gorgeous sans makeup.

Katesk8sgr8s

I would love to see Logan continue in dance, but Caroline already has a partner so this probably isn't the thread for this topic.

A poster mentioned quite a while ago that he had been training with Holly Harris. No confirmation on whether they have become a partnership.
I had heard Logan was partnered with Eve Pate.

VGThuy

Is Logan Bye REALLY taller than Michael Parsons? They seem very similar in height to me. It's just that Michael Parsons has a more muscular build so it gives him a shorter look.

RoseRed

Is Logan Bye REALLY taller than Michael Parsons? They seem very similar in height to me. It's just that Michael Parsons has a more muscular build so it gives him a shorter look.
According to the ISU bio's of both previous teams, Michael is 2 cm taller than Logan.

Debbie S

According to the ISU bio's of both previous teams, Michael is 2 cm taller than Logan.
The ISU bios are not always up to date. I've stood next to/near both and Logan definitely seemed taller, although I wasn't near both at the same time. * shrug *

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information