British-Irish Dialect Quiz

whiteskates

I got mostly south of England. I'm not a native English speaker but I did learn most of my English there when I was young.

taz'smum

'Be Kind' - every skater has their own story
Surprisingly, it got my origins fairly accurately, as although I lived in London until I was 9, I spent the rest of my childhood in Cardiff, so it picked up correctly that I was from South Wales !

hanca

Values her privacy
The British-Irish Dialect Quiz

You can take it even if you aren't from either country.

I apparently talk like someone from Douglas (Isle of Man), Kilkenny, or Cambridge. :COP:

I did live in both England and Scotland, but not in Cambridge.
Wow, ‘you definitely are not from around here, are you?’
Then it guessed from which city I am. Probably because that city would have most foreigners...

Erin

Banned Member
I’m also “really not from around there.” But if they were to put me into somewhere, it would be Roscommon and Cork, which seems about right as my grandpa on my dad’s side is from Cork and my grandma on my dad’s side is from Roscommon. (Apparently nothing came through from my grandpa on my mom’s side who is from north of Dublin.)

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
Defiinitely not from around there :lol:.

I got Roscommon and Cork, too, but my Irish ancestors on both sides were from Northern Ireland.

antmanb

I can't get through to the quiz i'm clicking on the I was raised in the UK but nothing opens and it says I have 3 articles remaining. :wuzrobbed:

antmanb

I managed to do it on my phone.

It is eerily accurate. I've always been a mimic so pick up accents as I go along. The quiz highlighted both the East Midlands (where I learned English and lived until the age of 18) and the Northwest where's I've lived ever since.

Rob

Beach Bum
I’m also really not from around here. But maybe influences from Aberdeen (my mother was Scottish), London (she lived a long time in London), or Dublin (my grandfather was from outside Dublin).

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
Definitely not from around here, which is more than fair but I'd be scattered between Newcastle, Galway in Ireland and Birmingham. Quite the mix !!!

minuet

I was surprised as it correctly said I was not from UK/Ireland but I figured our NL heritage and dialect is so rooted in its British/Irish origins that it would think I was...apparently we're more different I thought.

millyskate

That was fun - mine was "spot on" also, as in I'm from nowhere in particular but definitely not Ireland, ie the whole of England :lol:

aftershocks

Banned Member
Ha ha, that's funny. I got mostly Scotland and parts of England, and some Northern Ireland, but in general 'way off' as the test results informed me. :lol:

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
I've never been to the UK but am a native English speaker. My only match is Ireland. My mother is from East Texas where a lot of English & Irish settled & she never lost her accent.

Tinami Amori

I got London, then next darkest central Scotland/near Glasgow, then South-West Wales, then South-West Ireland.. and of course "you're not from here"..

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information