Big Brother 19 (US)

smurfy

I am not watching the live feeds, never have, but after reading the live feeds forum in Previouslytv - I think I want to see Kitten Cam. When they can't show what is going on - they have Kitten Cam and will also have Puppy Cam. The posters are loving it and seemed annoyed when it stops to go back to BB.

Josh sounds really scary. He can not last long - he really misses his mommy.
I like the idea of the 'Behind the Scenes Brigade'. Sounds like Kevin and Christmas are liked and playing good social games.

Catherine M

So with Cody having to make a FOURTH nomination since Alex won POV, I actually kinda feel bad for him. But he does seem to want to work with Alex now (which pissed Jessica off big time as she's jealous of Alex) which hopefully will lead to a bit of chaos.

He hasn't told people who he is nominating--I think he has gathered that he doesn't have the votes to get rid of Paul but we'll see if he just goes rogue and does so. If not, good bye Ramses as the true nom (Josh) is safe. Jason is also in play as a renom as some in Cody's alliance want him gone but Cody doesn't seem to want that from the small bits of info he lets about his game. The guy is really going to be hard to tell what he's really thinking. He did tell Jessica that she will never get him. Such a complex guy, being in a war zone for so long really messed with his head, like so many other men/women over the past decade.

Have to remove Mark from my favorite list as he won't let go of his infatuation of Elena's boobs and is desperate to be in a showmance with her so I guess I'm down to just Dominique and Christmas. If Alex sticks around for awhile, I'll add her to the list. Not sure how much of the feeds I'll be watching the next week or so as work/life is very busy but hopefully I can at least flashback to good stuff.

CoolGuy

Was Jessica a figure skater? Just happened to be watching the live feeds (free trial), and at 12:02:45 PST (7/1/17), when Mark was doing squats and lunges with Ramses on his back, they were commenting on how Cody was doing pistol squats (one-foot squats where your free leg is in front of you); Jessica then says, "in figure skating, we have a move like that called shooting the duck.... I haven't done it in years."

Catherine M

Jessica is originally from Rhode Island so she might have skated in her youth. Her last name is Graf if anyone wants to check old results to see if she was more than a recreational skater.

I did update my favorite list after watching some of the feeds last night:

On is Alex, since she's staying. I think she's Cody true love as she has really impressed him in the comps. So of course Jessica HATES her. Could be an epic triangle if Alex manages to last awhile.

I'm starting to like Kevin alot; guess all those years of raising SEVEN children have paid off as he's doing pretty well so he's on it now.

Jason is pretty chill too so he's a possibility if he can stick around awhile.

Oh, Elena is the worst. Every word out of her mouth is about sex and its not funny sex talk. Its just gross sex talk. I'm no prude but she's just awful. Least favorite contestant by far this season.

we'll see how things go when Cody makes his renom---Jason & Alex are sure it will be Paul but Christmas' name has been talked about. No one knows as Cody refuses to say.

Last edited:

Catherine M

So its now Jillian vs Christmas to leave on Thursday. Wait, hold that thought. Christmas fell this morning in the backyard and "broke her foot". No idea if she'll have to leave the game or not. Has there been a crazier first week as this!!?!?

Jenny

From the Bloc
Maybe one good thing will come from Cody playing his cards close to his chest and that's that we don't suffer a season of "whatever the HOH wants," which really means "we all discussed it to death and will pretend that the HOH decided because they are too scared to make enemies." Maybe this will set a precedent that the HOH actually makes their own decisions, and we get a few surprises.

Also, I think Cody is already starting to tick off his bros for the reason above - leaving them out of decisions - and playing his hand on wanting Paul out too early when they could have used him as the extra bro for awhile at least. He should also realize that no only does Paul know the game (Cody is so arrogant he likely discounts this) and Paul is good at making friends (again, Cody is likely used to being Mr Popular), but importantly, that as the only returnee he's in the Jeff position of both fan *and* producer favourite, so both will do what they can to keep him around for at least a month if not jury. Which both just did :)

And Jessica seems to have been a bad choice for his designated showmance, from a strategy perspective.

I hope Jillian goes - word is she's not campaigning at all, and is contributing nothing to the game or the show.

smurfy

Back to Sun pm episode. I have been reading live feed info on previously tv.
I read about the racist incident - regarding 'Panda'. But seeing it - seemed quite different to me (IMHO)

Article with comments by Pao Pao - and her picture.
http://www.goldderby.com/article/20...o-pao-jessica-graf-alex-ow-megan-lowder-news/

The minute I saw/heard the clip - I was like oh yea - they look similar - it is the hair color - I remembered Pao Pao!
Meg seemed to be annoying people, and I guess this was her strategy to stir up stuff. The person that called her Pao Pao - I am not convinced their intent was racist.

Another example though - I read stuff online and see it one way, but when I see the actual clip, with tone and content - it just seems so different.

smurfy

Raven has a disease - gastroparesis and has something like a pacemaker in her stomach.
Folks at previouslytv are quite annoyed with Raven with how she is milking it/talking about it alot.
A couple posters have the disease and are sharing details.
The disease itself sounds serious, but Raven is not winning any fans at previously tv.
I expect TBTB to have a nice sad segment about this at some point.

Jenny

From the Bloc
I don't usually watch the veto show since we've known the outcome for days, but it was worth it to see Cody's face when it was revealed that Paul could not be nominated :lol:

On the one hand, he's a smart guy and very strategic, but OTOH he's not accounting for the many personalities that make up BB, and the fact that the boredom between Monday's veto meeting and Thursday's eviction inevitably leads to a lot of flipping and flopping. According to Hamsterwatch, he and Jessica spent most of yesterday secluded in HOH comfortable that the vote would be split and he'd break the tie - you'd think that overconfidence would be gone after he was forced (perhaps the first time in BB history?) to nominate 5 people in one week.

Even his initial alliance has fallen apart - the other two couples split away, and now that he's made an open target of Paul, he has no bros :wuzrobbed

Here's hoping for a nice blindside tonight, and that as is currently the trend, the useless Jillian goes home. And I would love someone like Josh to win HOH - the dramz as he tries to deal with the power and decide who to nominate/renominate and everyone works on him! Oh pleeeeasssee

Catherine M

I haven't been watching either the feeds or the TV show but have been reading Sucks with one eye when I can and I think ole Josh is the swing vote to who goes home tonight. Might be whoever gets in his ear last is how it will go.

Even though I like Christmas more than "I went to Mexico to get weight loss surgery" Jillian, I think for the overall game, Christmas leaving would be better. So lets hope the vote is 6/6 and Cody breaks the tie and sends Christmas out.

Fridge_Break

#HotMessExpress
As :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: as I am at the producer assistance towards their pet Paul, I have to say that it's quite refreshing that we're likely to have a closely split vote this week instead of the usual "go with the house" garbage that has plagued so many seasons in the past.

Habs

A bitch from Canada
I like Christmas and I hope she stays. I'm optimistic that she could have good game down the road.

Catherine M

I have a feeling Grodner's protection of Paul will eventually make me opt out of this season totally. I'm hoping I can stand the next few weeks but its going to be hard. By August, I might be done!

Jenny

From the Bloc
Without any other stuntcasting, I guess BB thought they needed some insurance for the first month at least. However, by doing that they are putting him at a huge disadvantage because the others will be increasingly frustrated by his free ride while the rest of them are playing their own games - which is exactly what happened on BB Canada this season. But by then, it's possible BB is banking on the season taking off on its own and won't mind Paul going.

Habs

A bitch from Canada
Without any other stuntcasting, I guess BB thought they needed some insurance for the first month at least. However, by doing that they are putting him at a huge disadvantage because the others will be increasingly frustrated by his free ride while the rest of them are playing their own games - which is exactly what happened on BB Canada this season. But by then, it's possible BB is banking on the season taking off on its own and won't mind Paul going.

I agree about the others becoming frustrated with Paul's free ride. Three weeks of safety is a LONG time in Big Brother.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
Even though I like Christmas more than "I went to Mexico to get weight loss surgery" Jillian, I think for the overall game, Christmas leaving would be better. So lets hope the vote is 6/6 and Cody breaks the tie and sends Christmas out.

SAME. Christmas is a much more interesting personality to me (except for her love of Paul :blah:), but the fallout from her getting voted out tonight would be amazing. I don't want anything else to go "Your Boy's" way.

I was on vacation for the first five days of the show, so I've spent the last two catching up on BBAD and my favorite BB blog. Cody and his murderous stares scare the crap out of me, but I wouldn't mind him sticking around to see how he continues to play his obsession with Alex. Jess can go soon, but not before I get to see her have a blowup with Alex. Matt is my eye candy, but he's been kinda boring so far. Kevin is one of my favorites as far as bringing the humor. I haven't been able to pick a definitive side yet because I like some of "The Outsiders" (Kevin, Alex, Jason) but I also like some of the "cool kids" (Dom, Mark, Christmas).

smurfy

Weakens Paul, who I can't stand and who doesn't need any help getting to the end---that's Grodner's job.

This perfectly sums up what is wrong with this show! I love this show, and so wish things could evolve naturally.
It probably would be even more entertaining than what gets manipulated.

I am mixed on Christmas vs Jillian. Christmas is playing, Jillian is boring. But messing with Paul and seeing stuff happen if she leaves. I love when things get messed up on this show. If Jillian stays - she could try for the record of being against X number of people before being voted out.

TanithandBenFan - I so agree about Cody- there is something in those eyes that is very disturbing on tv. I can not imagine them in person. I do hope that his original alliance stays mad at him and votes him out.
He and Josh - just need to be gone as they both make me nervous that something is bubbling underneath.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Just watching the episode from tonight and no taped messages or mention of who switched their vote during the quick interview with Jillian. I have a feeling this first group of evictees are being sequestered and will fight to come back in probably around week 5.

Jenny

From the Bloc
Not sure if it's for sure, but they might be keeping their options open. I read this morning that in her Jeff interview, she got the voting wrong and he didn't correct her, so another sign she could come back. But while it's a possible event coming up, the likelihood that she would win either a competition or a viewer vote is remote. House vote only if the other options are worse (ie if they get out Cody or Paul and don't want him back).

On a related note, in addition to not showing goodbye messages they seem to have tailored things a bit this season, getting rid of many of the traditional fillers such as "who wants to see my HOH room?" and the lengthy segments of HOHs staring at the wall and then putting the keys together. And of course, no long scenes of the entire group turning keys and saying thanks to the HOH when they are not nominated. I feel like there's also less of the "so I go in the backyard for the competition ..." narrations from the Diary. Or maybe this was all phasing out in previous seasons and I didn't notice?

Anyway, that was a pile of fun:) Cody is not dead yet though, and I hope we see him fight fiercely to stay. He's made some truly serious errors that I think he's smart enough to see (rather than being clouded by emotions of vengeance etc). His biggest liability may very well be Jessica - I could see him "sacrificing" her to "prove his loyalty" when in fact he might just want to ditch her because she's more trouble than the half million she is not worth.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
Of course Paul won HOH. :scream: I guess if he had to get it now is the best time since he has safety anyway. I was watching the live feed and apparently Cody and Josh almost came to blows right after the competition ended. The video cut away, but someone forgot to turn off the audio. We could hear production warning the HGs not to get nose-to-nose with each other, and I could hear someone calming either Cody or Josh down. Then it sounded like Christmas and Cody agreeing to live cordially with each other. Later Jess and Cody were yelling at Josh again inside, and Dom/Elena/Mark were reminding Josh to stay away from them. Both Josh and Jess were contemplating walking out of the game. Has there ever been this many people wanting to self-evict in a whole season, much less the first two weeks?

Looks like Josh and Alex are going up as pawns with possibly Ramses executing his curse as the third nom. Goal is to backdoor Cody.

Jenny

From the Bloc
This would be the best bet time to backdoor Cody, especially if Ramses uses his curse. That would mean that the three nominees plus Paul play veto, leaving Cody a 2 in 10 chance of getting to play. The later they leave it, the bigger chance a BD candidate has of getting to play veto, and we and they all know that if Cody plays, his chances of winning are very high.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
I feel like there's also less of the "so I go in the backyard for the competition ..." narrations from the Diary.

That's one thing that still drives me crazy about Big Brother. I feel like when they are in the diary room, they say something and then the producers tell them 'No, say it again but with some energy!!' and then they ALL end up talking in the same phony way.

But yes, a lot of the segments are cut out this year it seems. As far as the HOH room showing, maybe Cody said nothing and just stared at everyone like he was about to kill them so they decided not to show it :eek:

Susan1

Not reading things before I see them on t.v. - just wanted to ask how many times a day does Cody brush his teeth??????? Twice in the HOH bathroom the other day while people were talking to him - could have been one person after the other, but it looked like he spit and left the first person (yuck) but sitting on the couch talking to one of the girls too? He's going to wear the enamel off his teeth. :)

Jenny

From the Bloc
So Christmas got the next viewer vote (ability to play in a future veto comp of her choice), and then if fan chatter is anything to go by, I'm assuming Kevin will win the next one, which is the ability to null one of the next five evictions. Alex is trending high too, but I think the more she pledges her loyalty and friendship to Cody the more he'll drag down her popularity.

I wonder if the HGs realize that it's essentially a popularity contest that Paul won the first time as he's the only name viewers knew, and from there it's whoever people like the most at the time and nothing to do with how they'd actually use it?

Because if Kevin wins the next one, my feeling is he's the least likely to use it as it would be a big move and that doesn't seem to be his game. Unless of course he's the one evicted!

smurfy

I wonder if the HGs realize that it's essentially a popularity contest that Paul won the first time as he's the only name viewers knew, and from there it's whoever people like the most at the time and nothing to do with how they'd actually use it?

Because if Kevin wins the next one, my feeling is he's the least likely to use it as it would be a big move and that doesn't seem to be his game. Unless of course he's the one evicted!

I would say No to your question. These are BB Houseguests, none with the highest of IQs.
Always seems like the least popular/likeable are so unaware what various things mean.
Back to the season with Kaysar and Cappy. That Friendship group thought they were so popular and shocked at the results (and I am pretty sure the public voted) for whether Kaysar or Cappy could return and of course Kaysar won.

Cody - the more I see of him, I do not like him. I really think he does not (or can not) listen to anyone that disagrees with him, he seems so rigid. And I am so glad they showed 'who wants to see my hoh room?' - too funny.

Paul is in a good spot - especially if Cody goes. He will have 'no blood on his hands' and he managed the nominees well (so far). I am not sure I would like Paul IRL, but he does seem friendly and outgoing with folks and respectful of them. He is earning some points this week.
And back to Cody - he should ask Paul how to go about nominating people - getting some consensus is better than just announcing it and annoying your whole alliance in one fell swoop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information