Big Brother 19 (US)

Jenny

From the Bloc
Back to the season with Kaysar and Cappy. That Friendship group thought they were so popular and shocked at the results (and I am pretty sure the public voted) for whether Kaysar or Cappy could return and of course Kaysar won.

Quit possibly my favourite BB moment of all time :rollin:

And back to Cody - he should ask Paul how to go about nominating people - getting some consensus is better than just announcing it and annoying your whole alliance in one fell swoop.

Yes I think that will prove to be his fatal error in the end. He formed an alliance that could have gone all the way, but then immediately took them for granted and acted on his own, leaving 4 people already ready to work together now working without him. Paul may have roped in Elena/Mark and Raven/Matt for now, but that might not last beyond his HOH - the four of them might become the power core of their own alliance, or keep hiring themselves out as a package deal to whoever is in power from week to week.

Come to think about it, that could be a really viable strategy in this game. You form a group of 4 or so, everyone knows you are a group and do not plan on betraying each other, and will always vote together. No matter who wins HOH, you tell them that you'll support their game as long as none of them are put on the block. Then the next week, you propose the same thing to the next HOH.

Sure, the block would be seen as a threat, but who's going to start picking them off when they are guaranteeing to support whatever the HOH wants to do? Then by jury time, or top 6-8 when people start targeting the block, you have the numbers to see it through to the end.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
I wish these people would come up with some alliance names. I'm tired of hearing about "the team." Even if the names are usually stupid, that's all part of the fun of BB. It's like everyone is afraid to use the word alliance this season.

I really want Cody to win the Battle Back next Friday just for the sake of drama. The way he speaks and acts is also unintentional comedy gold.

smurfy

Jenny - I am hugging your post.
So true Kansas getting voted back in was awesome. He is one of my favorite players in BB and among Survivor and Amazing Race. I so love how we could see he saw the game on a chess board, and it was truly game, not personal. I would love if he played Survivor

The 4 person block is great idea. And one could end up with no blood on their hands, but have a good defense at the end. I think I might really root for Matt and Mark- they r not the typical alpha males, they seem calm and have some intelligence and social awareness. But give them time, they will annoy me.

TanithandBenfan- luv ur post- yes we need team names- it can so entertaining and helps us too
And yes , let Cody go their week, and then come back. I do not like him. But he is such a fish out of water in this show.

Jenny

From the Bloc
If Cody wins battle back (likely if it's a competition), even if he gets a week's immunity or even scores HOH in the process, his days are numbered. He's burned way too many bridges.

Funny that they are doing it after the next eviction, because Paul is still immune so it's not like it's a tactic to bring him back. So that leaves Cameron (is he in sequester?), Jillian (whose name I just had to look up as I've already forgotten her), assuming Cody, and some other random person? Not much of a battle.

Fridge_Break

#HotMessExpress
The upcoming temptation is good for halting an eviction on a live show so that nobody goes home (good for 3-4 evictions, I believe). I wonder if this was drawn up in the season framework beforehand, of if it was thrown together after Megan's walking out threw their schedule off-kilter? Either way I think it's a pretty powerful advantage that is destined to bring a lot of bickering, as the HOH that week will have just targeted 2-3 people and got nothing to show for it. I wonder who is going to get tempted? Christmas was a pretty obvious vote for the last one, she had just survived eviction and probably got some sympathy votes for the foot injury. But for this one I'm not really sure who it'll go to, as I imagine a lot of the casual viewers are still trying to sort out the cast.

Jenny

From the Bloc
Kevin. He stands out in the crowd for tv viewers, and live feeders seem to love him. As I said above though, I question whether he'd want to use it (except on himself of course) because he seems to be playing a very loose game - quietly shifting alliances, being friendly with everyone, making no enemies.

But I guess Diary would talk him into the end-game advantage of making a Big Move, and he'd be open to it because he's already made a few moves most don't know about (the $25K, a hinky vote with a potential plan for another on Thurs).

It's a bit weird though isn't it, to introduce these big gifts in a season when no one really needs it. There are no clear fan favourites in any imminent danger who need viewers to save them.

smurfy

Introducing big gifts, gimicks etc. I think TPTB always feel they must improve, change, make more exiciting.
To me- some of the core original things (not season 1 for BB) for BB (and Survivor) - just watching people scheming /fighting/ loving etc is what I want to see. So many of the new things etc just take up time from BB showing us people interacting. (But I do enjoy many aspects, not all of the Hidden Immunity Idols on Survivor).
Ex - I have read so much about Raven's medical situation online, and I did miss half of one episode but I have not seen it mentioned. And they never showed how Marlena and Maven initially hooked up. And these 2 couples could have a huge impact. I want to see more of the little interactions that help tell the story. But no, they have to spend time now every week showing the people getting called to the Den of Temptation. So many times in these shows someone is not well liked, but they are not good at showing the viewers the root of it.

Jenny

From the Bloc
Agree that the storytelling is often full of holes, and too much air time is spent on things that don't impact the game.

However, something to consider is the extreme pressure that the story producers and editors are under. They have to produce two shows a week plus a large chunk of the live show, without knowing which conversations and interactions will end up being important later because it's all happening live. Survivor has a much easier go of it - they know the outcome before they begin, and have loads of time to piece it together in a coherent story.

BB also has 87 cameras in the house, all filming 24/7. Even if you have a crew of people watching in shifts and taking notes, that's a crazy amount of footage to get through when you have so little time to put a show together. On Survivor, they likely have a larger crew for challenges, but at camp there might only be a couple of cameras at a time, so far less footage to deal with.

In the end I'll give BB more slack because I think it's a far harder job putting it together than it is on Survivor, where I think there's zero excuse for leaving viewers confused about anything. Sure, a surprise result at TC is always good tv, but then on the next show they need to explain what happened. The gaps in storytelling are the main reason I stopped watching regularly.

Fridge_Break

#HotMessExpress
Thinking out loud:

Paul is safe for 3 evictions, (1 more after this week's). This week's temptation is to halt an eviction on the live show. Say the winner chooses to halt the eviction next week, does that mean Paul would get another week with a free pass since there technically wouldn't be an eviction? God I hope not, but I wouldn't but it past Grodner to have thought of this already.

Jenny

From the Bloc
I thought it was that he can't be nominated (and therefore not evicted). When Cody tried to nominate him, that's when it kicked in. I'm hoping they meant "eviction cycles." I'm not sure even Grodner would want to deal with the social media firestorm if she found a way to extend his safety to a 5th week.

Interestingly, since it appears Battle Back is right after the next eviction, that means Paul won't be gone and therefore can't battle back. You'd almost think they'd hold it another week so that if they evict him first chance they get, TPTB still have a way to put him back in. But maybe it's about budget and the amount they are spending on keeping people in sequester.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
I thought it was that he can't be nominated (and therefore not evicted). When Cody tried to nominate him, that's when it kicked in. I'm hoping they meant "eviction cycles." I'm not sure even Grodner would want to deal with the social media firestorm if she found a way to extend his safety to a 5th week.

It kicked in immediately after he accepted it, and he didn't have to tell anyone about it unless (obviously) he ended up being nominated.

Jenny

From the Bloc
I meant that was the moment it was revealed (on their house screen, then Paul stood up), so I took that to mean he could not be nominated in addition to not being evicted.

smurfy

Raven fell down the stairs and cut her foot. She left to get stitches - and is back now.
Picture of her when she got back to the House:
https://twitter.com/BB_Updates/stat...tter.com/BB_Updates/status/885328665239834624
She is milking the drama about how much she screamed getting the stitches.

Thankful for here and other sites (jokers and previouslytv). I realized watching last night - for about half the cast - the only thing I know about them is from reading stuff online.

TanithandBenFan

Sounds like Cody blew up his former alliance last night during Dom's biweekly "talk show" that she does during BBAD. At least he caused some chaos on his way out to shake things up. Things were getting way too bland. From what I'm reading, Dom, Mark and Christmas' game plans were being questioned. Christmas has no idea what she's going to encounter when she comes back from her surgery (if she comes back).

Jenny

From the Bloc
What no comments yet? I have to concede that Cody came off much better than his in-game self in his Julie interview - I had the feeling she was surprised too. Also interesting that his relationship with Jessica seems to be the real thing, on his side at least, which given Jillian's going around saying it's a big fake to the celeb press shows how out of touch she was.

So Battle Back is Cameron, Jillian, Cody, and next week's evictee, which as per new HOH Alex (no surprise there, and kudos for Elena coming in second because that I didn't see coming) talking to camera last night, may be Dominique. Cody should ace it unless it depends on pure luck. I missed it, but I'm reading Julie said something about the house being able to block it, so if they have a say of any kind, not sure which way they'd go. There are a couple that might like Cody back, but perhaps not enough - unless they do a no-notice anonymous vote and it's split between the others. In the past, the last person out was voted right back in by the house (the gross James?), Jillian is the least threat (Paul will not want Cody back I'm sure), and Cameron while forgotten could get a sympathy vote from a few, although they did all get rid of him fast so he didn't make a good first impression.

Interesting season so far!

TanithandBenFan

I hope there won't be a situation where the HGs will be cursed if they allow a former HG back in because I could see them accepting the curse just to avoid letting someone (preferably Cody) return.

smurfy

I hope Cody is the one that comes back. Just for the drama. Also in his interview with Julie and some things the last few days - show he gets the game and was aware of things. He really surprised me in the interview. Interesting that his relationship with Jessica is real to him.
I wish Alex would nom one of the showmances. She shows some awareness of the game but needs to target the other side of the house. If Alex shows more game - she could become one I am rooting for.
I am enjoying this season - and it has been only a few weeks. Seems like a lot has happened.

Fridge_Break

#HotMessExpress
Cody's interview with Julie was, I imagine, what the casting department saw when they were selecting people for the show. Unfortunately once he got into the house he clammed up and had the personality of a dead fish. He'd be good to come back for drama, but I really would rather he not be on my TV anymore.

I'm glad an outsider won HOH, although I really don't know if there's a clear division with the house, it seems that other than the massive alliance the first week, there really hasn't been a solid group come together.

I read on Twitter that Christmas had 10 broken bones in her foot, in addition to torn ligaments :eek: :yikes: She also said she was super drugged up when she was on the phone casting her vote :lol:

Jenny

From the Bloc
@Fridge_Break hamsterwatch agrees with you - a rather dismal obituary w no props at all. I would still much rather have him back than Jillian, who seemed oblivious that she was playing a game, and Cameron, unless of course he turns out to be a great player or fun personality but I'm not confident in either.

Over on Joker's though, I like to keep an eye on the HG ratings, and Cody's stock went way up after he was evicted (I expect because he stirred things up a bit before he left, confessed his showmance was real, and did well with Julie), and Jessica has skyrocketed to the top 3 after being at the very bottom - below even Cody - for almost the entire game so far. Raven has also dropped like a stone - perhaps they are tired of her attention getting on her illness now compounded by her foot injury?

Looks like Dom is the big target this week, not exactly sure why as I thought she was tight with the two remaining couples and friendly with most of them. Might have been her last talk show when she forced a bunch of stuff out in the open in front of everyone, and that seemed to rub a few the wrong way.

Bizarre that there's so much waffling on the veto though. Alex and Jason are tight so they are discussing together, but if the target is Dom and she's already there, why make more waves? It might secure Jessica on their team (and perhaps by extension, Cody), but it's freaking Mark out and others don't want to do it.

TanithandBenFan

Cody dropped Dom's and Mark's names to Paul as the two people with whom he'd discussed nomming Paul and Christmas, and of course Paul has spread that news like wildfire to cause a rift in the showmance group. Dom then dug her own grave by mentioning Elena's jealousy to Alex (without saying Elena's name, but it was obvious who she was talking about), and then making everyone have one-on-one talks with her in which she sketched everyone out. Her manner of speaking is so condescending that I would be turned off by her too. There was a big blowup between her and Paul at a group meeting early Saturday morning where she outed him as the snake causing all the problems (totally true), but she'd already burned too many bridges for it to help her cause. I'm hoping it did plant some seeds of doubt with the others, though, so once Paul's safety is up they will think twice about letting him coast to the end.

I hope they do use the veto and nom Mark just to watch him freak out for three days. We need something to liven things up this week since Dom has already gone into Audrey mode and is only speaking to God these days via the cameras.

Jenny

From the Bloc
Right, forgot about Cody dropping those names. Much as I still don't like him, he's a player who knew which buttons to push.

Jenny

From the Bloc
I am sad we are not talking about this :( I've been more into this season that recent years, the old chatboard I used to be on is a bore, Hamsterwatch is tweeting it in, Jokers has the info but doesn't seem to have the detailed feed summaries as much, and I want to talk!!

TanithandBenFan

Sorry about that! I tend to be more of a reader than a poster. :) I've been wondering why Jokers hasn't been giving as good of updates as in past years. They're my go-to every day, but I've had to start perusing the BB board on Survivor Sucks to see what I'm missing. I really like the Live Feed Chat board on previously.tv too.

I'm avoiding the boards today, though, because this is the one time I don't want to see any spoilers (in case the Battle Back winner is leaked). I would've loved to hear the conversation between Cody and Dom last night. Cody's face when Dom came out was awesome. I think Cameron coming back could be fun since he's a total unknown, but I really need Cody or Dom to get back in there and take Paul down. Did he think wearing the snake pattern dress last night was funny? He looked like a total d-bag.

smurfy

I'm watching! I had to catchup and watch Wed's show last night before the eviction. Looking forward to tonight's episode.
Dom - is cra cra. I truly can not stand her kind of religion talk in this show and in general.
I always will remember from Amazing Race - there were a couple - 2 ladies that were protestant ministers. One of them said, and I paraphrase - 'God does not care that we are on the Amazing Race'. Me - Thank you!
If you boil down what she says - God is talking to me/helping me which makes you lose - that is no different than saying - I am better than you, I am the teacher's pet.
I am glad that Dom is gone, and hope she does not return.
I am not sure who I want to return - Cody for the some drama. Or maybe Cameron - as he is a blank slate?
Jillian - not sure if anything would be different.
I like Alex, I just am hoping she does not let Paul run much of her game though.

I am feeling snarky, so...
Both Raven and Elena's makeup. How many ways can they make themselves look bad?
Jessica - other than her mascara/eye lashes at times - looks so much better. I think these girls might be nice looking if they wore no makeup. But I do not know as they have too much crap on their faces - they look like clowns.
And I wear makeup and like it.
Paul - dressing as a snake - no you looked stupid, that girls romper did not make you look like a snake. I had read at previously tv he had talked about doing 'blackface' as part of the costume, glad he did not do that.

I do not know how to play pool - did Josh really cheat/not win? Just based on my impressions of Josh and Mark - I would believe Mark.
Josh is scary, I would be afraid he could get violent. Sometimes he has a moment of clarity with the game, but I still want him gone. I think he is unstable.

Jenny

From the Bloc
((((fellow fans))))

re Josh and Mark - Josh did hit the ball twice, but I think it's possible he honestly thinks he didn't. It's not like he can see the slo-mo replay like we can. However, I'm not sure why CBS thought all that was worthy of an extended segment.

re makeup - YES. Jessica's eyelashes are ridiculous - unless she's going to apply full club makeup to go with them, they're way too much. A couple of times she's had them on without any other makeup, so she must have a thing about her own eyelashes. She has hair issues too - lots of extensions, big blank spots when she ties her hair up.

Elena look a lot like someone I know who some how pulls off having a giant mouth and wears red lipstick all the time, but Elena just looks like she's had way too many injections. And full snark here, Raven's makeup and wet complexion make her look like a plastic doll, maybe the blow up kind.

re who I want back - Cody hands down. Cameron was near unanimously voted out on day one, and to jump back in after others have slogged it out for a month just ain't right IMO. Jillian is so useless as a game player and personality I can't even. With Dom, much as the in-your-face religion bugs me, her bigger crime is completely deflating once nominated - IMO absolutely does not deserve a second chance, especially when voted out unanimously.

Cody OTOH is a true player, even if I find him creepy as a person. The way he immediately tried to get info from Dom was priceless. And declaring the house a "target rich environment"? Hell ya put him back in there.

Normally I would not like the huge advantage that he and Jessica will now have, but after Paul got a free ride for 4 weeks, fair is fair. And I must compliment Cody's gameplay again - players who say they are going to "blow up the game" on their way out rarely do, but he planted some serious seeds that ran through the house all week. He set Jessica up beautifully, right through to telling America the relationship is real and thus assuring her the temptation prize. Which of course also sets up him for his return. Pretty awesome gameplay IMO.

smurfy

Jenny - good points for Cody's return. It will be the most entertaining.

From Previouslytv....

Paul was safe for 4 votes. So no longer safe. But I guess he said since he was HOH, he is still safe for 1 more week. If these idiots believe him......? Not a bad idea by him. But I fear he may be handed his victory.....

https://twitter.com/Kydwykkyd101/st...rl=http://ontdbb.livejournal.com/5162618.html

Yes, the irony. HaHa

Raven- with stitches in her foot, sometimes limps, sometimes doesn't. People do not like her.
Also that Matt and Raven had sex, while Jess was in the room. They thought she was asleep.
Also I think Mark and Elena have done it too. Their parents must be so proud.

Jenny

From the Bloc
If Paul has done that, I call it a brilliant move. Mind you if he overplays it someone will ask Diary and they will have to be clear with the rules.

I'm also fuzzy on how many evictions Jessica has. I thought it was 3, and one was last night, so 2 left. I've seen 3 and even 4 left on some sites. Obviously that's critical. If Cody comes back, it would be smart for them not to win HOH while they have it, thus letting others reveal their game and do the dirty work, and leaving them both eligible to be HOH when they need it again.

Fridge_Break

#HotMessExpress
Really? Jessica for the den? All she's done is bitch and moan, I found it pretty hard to believe she won the fan vote. I know her boyfriend was just evicted, but were they seriously a likeable couple to anybody?

I knew Josh went on a tirade and that condiments were involved, but I didn't know what triggered it. I caught his double tap scratch upon first viewing, yes he technically did lose the game with that. Like was mentioned upthread, it's entirely possible he believed he had a clean shot.

TanithandBenFan

So happy Cody is back in and he got to defeat Paul of all people! One of the BB inside sources leaked that Jess won HOH so everything is set up perfectly to break up the Paul/Matt/Raven/Elena/Mark group. I hope she will take the shot and not waste it on Josh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information