Big Brother 19 (US)

Jenny

From the Bloc
She nommed Josh and Ramses. :blah: This better be part of a backdoor plan.

Indeed. I'm actually a bit disappointed that they went for HOH as I thought they could use this time of safety to continue to rebuild relationships in the house. But I guess they want to run it right out of the gate. They are fools if they don't target Paul, or at least one of Mark/Elena/Matt/Raven. I've said before I'll say again, those four could prove to be a very dangerous voting block, especially as a numbers go down. But perhaps Cody and Jessica are hoping to rejoin them to form a block of six? Because really, are Ramses or Josh a threat to anyone?

It was so obvious that Cody would win the whole thing, but it was still fun to watch. What AMAZED me though is that the house did not see the HUGE opportunity they had. They were so busy wanting to prevent anyone from coming back that they put Paul out there, when you'd think some of them would have realized that it was more than likely Cody, and therefore the best person to put up against him was Jessica. DUH.

If these idiots don't get Paul out asap, he deserves to win.

Susan1

It was so obvious that Cody would win the whole thing, but it was still fun to watch. What AMAZED me though is that the house did not see the HUGE opportunity they had. They were so busy wanting to prevent anyone from coming back that they put Paul out there, when you'd think some of them would have realized that it was more than likely Cody, and therefore the best person to put up against him was Jessica. DUH.

Huh? It wasn't like she would be evicted from the house if she lost. She would have thrown the comp in 2 seconds to let Cody win to get him back in the house.

Jenny

From the Bloc
Yes, but then that pair would be broken up. Keeping them both in the house just doubles their strength in the game as they are clearly sharing all intel and working as one, and will do so until the end.

In other news, it looks like they really want Josh out. In some ways it makes sense - he's volatile, and that's never good in the game. I think some of them are also dreading the idea of getting stuck with him in the jury house so want him out asap.

I would think that Paul would be a better target though - he's a strong competitor and he's got influence over many of them.

Jenny

From the Bloc
In trying to reexplain it I see that I missed a key point - that the person they sent out was guaranteed to stay whether they won or lost. I was mistakenly thinking that if Cody and Jessica did battle, one of them was guaranteed to go home. Silly me :)

So I guess then the question is why did Jessica not prefer to send out a weak challenger to ensure Cody's win? I guess she didn't want to go against the house in case it wasn't Cody waiting out there.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
Kevin told Ramses last night to ask Jessica to use the veto on him, but the kid still hasn't talked to her yet and the veto meeting is today. I love Kevin for potentially blowing up Paul's plan to blindside Jody with the vote to keep Josh. So far only Elena and Mark are voting with Jody to boot out Josh. Jessica has said she would put up Alex if she takes Ramses down.

Fridge_Break

#HotMessExpress
Veto wasn't used? If I were in the house I'd highly consider getting rid of Ramses instead of Josh. You know Josh is targeting Cody & Jess, and I'd keep that guarantee in the house (i.e. he's not going after me) vs not knowing what Ramses' plans are at all.

Susan1

Veto wasn't used? If I were in the house I'd highly consider getting rid of Ramses instead of Josh. You know Josh is targeting Cody & Jess, and I'd keep that guarantee in the house (i.e. he's not going after me) vs not knowing what Ramses' plans are at all.

Josh is awfully scary. When is he really going to blow up or break down or something?

Jenny

From the Bloc
Sounds like Paul has rallied most of the troops to keep Josh, only he's told Josh this, which could be a big mistake. Josh is dying to "go off" and Paul so far has persuaded him to wait until the live show. But he's also acting too comfortable by some accounts, and itching to do something. I guess Josh has no idea that the #1 reason to get rid of him is that he's nuts and no one wants to be stuck in jury alone with him for a week or two, and he'sthisclose to giving them an excuse to get rid of him.

But Jessica wants him out unanimously, and seems to think that will happen or at least close, so we could have another juicy blindside on Thursday :) Bizarrely, sounds like Ramses made zero effort to get Jessica to use the veto on him, despite several encouraging him to do so. Perhaps she has guaranteed his safety in some way, and he is oblivious to the movement in the rest of the house to get rid of him? He's an odd player.

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg
And by odd you mean terrible. If I hear Ramses say "I am alone in this house" one more time...if he hadn't be so closed off to making deals and allies he would be fine right now. He was so risk averse that he ended up being totally expendable. For a fan he is really bad at this. I am glad he looks to be on his way out. Nice kid but truly useless in this show.

smurfy

Watched Sunday's episode late last night. At least I understand why Josh was nominated.
Both Josh and Ramses can go, please.

Jess told Kevin that she has the temptation, but I do not think she shared all the details.
Interesting.. wonder how long it will be until he tells somone??
Kevin - could win this thing. I think he is nonthreatening and gets along with everyone.

Raven continues to to intrigue me.
http://www.celebdirtylaundry.com/20...y-griffin-sawyer-for-cyberbullying-bb19-fans/
From reading previously tv - a few things - 1) sounds like the other houseguests are tired of listening to her talk so much about her illnesses 2) her mother has the gp disease also. Sounds like her mother may be the root of they way Raven handles her illness. Munchausen was mentioned for her mother, attention getting, raising $$, etc.

Also on previously - an old picture of Elena before she had any work done, not sure how to link to it. Looks exactly like Nicole - last years winner. Sounds like Elena is playing a good social game with everyone.

Jenny

From the Bloc
I didn't watch Sunday - do tell on the reason for nominating Josh! Agree though, both are expendable IMO.

I read also that Jess told Kevin that she won it, but was very vague about what it actually was, dropping hints that it could be more powerful than it is. Clearly some strategy there, and from what I understand Kevin either told Paul or just floated it "Jess might have the temptation, what could it be" almost right away.

On Joker's Raven has been at the bottom of their daily poll for awhile now, so I think feedsters are also tired of her. Keep reading that people find her relationship with Matt weird/almost creepy, and that while he had a lot of promise (based on appearance apparently!) he's this season's invisible player.

And yes please pic of pre-work Elena - point me in the right direction! ETA - found one! Although some seem to be questioning if that's real, so here's another from her own Instagram.

Last edited:

smurfy

Jenny - your 'found one' is the one I saw. (Confirms my opinion that they cast for types of previous popular houseguests.

HOH comp was shown Sun pm. They had to stand holding a longish pole that was holding something in place.
If someone dropped the pole, they were out, and they could issue a punishment to one of the remaining hoh competitors. They piled on Cody. It was a traffic stop/construction them. Guys came out to do things that would distract them from concentrating on their task - including dump smelly trash on the person, someone came out and yelled like at a traffic accident, cement was dropped on their back. etc. It definitly looked like it made the task much harder. Once Cody was out of comp, Jess was picked. Both Cody and Jess were stonefaced through the comp.
Josh was yelling loudly, cheering all of this. All the others that were out of the comp were laughing. Josh was being such an ass. And given the argument Jess had with Josh in the backyard when the tabasco sauce was thrown.
So I do think Jess had every right to nom Josh.

jamesy

delightful
On the Sunday show Jess admitted that targeting Josh was more of a personal move when there were bigger targets (Paul) also available.

TanithandBenFan

For a few weeks now Jason has been saying how much Christmas irritates him and how he wants to nominate her if he wins HOH. He runs away from her in the house because he can't stand to be around her. I'm watching last night's BBAD and Christmas is telling Josh that she thinks Jason keeps avoiding her because he is physically attracted to her. :rofl::rofl:

Jenny

From the Bloc
I usually don't bother with HOH blogs, but Jessica's is interesting. Very clear why she wants Josh out, also almost zero strategy talk, more relationships in the game and her thought process. And she's really into Cody!

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg
Since Josh is such an emotional player, if Jessica hadn't nominated him this week she might have been more or less ok with him going forward if she threw a few kind words his way and left him off the block. A Matt/Raven or Paul/Alex nomination would have been much more productive...

jamesy

delightful
I have no love for Josh and would happily see him leave, but it would amuse me so much to see that-- once again--Jess and Cody don't have the control of the house they assumed. Another wasted HoH. It will be even better since Jess had her suspicions but let Cody talk her out of them.

Jenny

From the Bloc
It is surprising that Cody didn't push for a more strategic move. By targeting someone who was mean to his girl, was he trying to demonstrate that he has feelings or something?

TanithandBenFan

I think Cody and Jessica wanted to make sure Josh didn't make jury because Cody would probably murder him in the jury house.

Catherine M

If I had ever played, I know I would have done the same thing: get out the person I loathe the most before jury. And I'd probably would have followed them right out the door.

Anyway, lets see if Jess/Cody can go on a comp run and make better decisions going forward.

TanithandBenFan

I need someone to take out Alex sooner rather than later because I think Jason and Kevin would be better off without her, and I'm tired of watching Alex physically and verbally abuse Jason. I can't believe BB hasn't told her to cut out the physical stuff yet.

Fridge_Break

#HotMessExpress
I'm still :rolleyes: that Jess and Cody are safe another round with the hex temptation. Hopefully the consequence is an immediate double eviction (or... more like a week of BB played in an hour, since technically one person would be leaving instead of two), but I doubt that's what the consequence would be since the double elim nights take a lot of planning and coordination.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information