Big Brother 19 (US)

mysticchic

I think that is one of the reason Cody did that. Too many crazy feed watchers could zoom in and get his ss#. It has a lot of info on it. From google I got this. Today's identification tags identify vital information about the wearer: name, Social Security number, blood type and religious preference. During World War II there were only three religious categories that could be put on dog tags: P for Protestant, C for Catholic and H for Hebrew (Jewish).
Paul seems to be getting scared and has called an early morning meeting.
I think Jody could get Mark, eliana, Kevin, and maybe a couple of others when they get Paul and one of his gang up. if any of them win veto, they can put someone else up. Jess and cody have been good in comps. I really hope they do what i think should be done. Paul will turn on whomever is on the block with him. esp if they put one of his close people up. a few could jump ship.

Jenny

From the Bloc
Wasn't she the one they nicknamed "Hollywood" because she wanted to be famous? Funny to look back at the general indignity at the time that a reality show participant would be in it for fame :lol:

However, unlike so many of today's BB/Bachelor types, it sounds like she actually worked very, very hard - and continues to do so - for her success. Lesson to them all.

Jenny

From the Bloc
The Shopping Channel has it in Canada (often with special kits/savings), and Sephora is doing an app-only preview right now so I expect it will be available there before long. Seems to have a lot of fans, and it's reasonably priced.

smurfy

Re - Jamie Kern - she was a former Miss Washington. I think she wanted to get into broadcasting.
She won a reward on BB season 1- could select 1 of 2 things - phone call home or a conversation with an agent or something like that to get advice. She took the agent. I remember people were so shocked she did not want to talk with her family.
I have seen her informercials - she definitely use the product!

I am still wondering how CBS will show yesterday events. They really should have the Wed show earlier in the week, or have the veto not at the end and or with a longer show. The veto ceremony is on Monday. And to show anything key a the beginning of Thurs show has to be tough. Or have Thurs show be longer? BB is the top rated show consistently in its timeslot this season.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
I never watch the live feeds and rely on Jokers Updates for the casual snippet about what is going on in the house. The graph of houseguest ratings this season is fascinating to me, though. On day 24, Jessica was the absolute lowest-rated out of every houseguest. Now, she's far and away #1, and Cody is way up there too. Raven has an average score of 0.70 out of 5, and has been at the bottom for a while. We don't see much of her and Matt in the house, and I think both are going to go very far and make America particularly furious.

tony

I am still wondering how CBS will show yesterday events. They really should have the Wed show earlier in the week, or have the veto not at the end and or with a longer show. The veto ceremony is on Monday. And to show anything key a the beginning of Thurs show has to be tough. Or have Thurs show be longer? BB is the top rated show consistently in its timeslot this season.

And yes, it makes no sense to have the HOH comp, POV competition and then ceremony all within less than 48 hours and then have to cram in the next 4.5 days during the first half of the live Thursday episode. They really should put the POV at the beginning or at least the first half of the episode tomorrow and then catch up on what has happened since.

mysticchic

I 1st few seasons were tues, Thurs and Sat or Sunday right? I read jokers or hamsterwater for updates. My attention span with tv these days are horrible. it's always on in the background. But my brain won't let me follow anything.
Wow, I just read Kevin has Paul in his final 4. Paul will win the season. ugg

smurfy

The first season was more nights 4 or 5, but some were only 30 minutes long

tony

The first season was more nights 4 or 5, but some were only 30 minutes long

I think it was actually on 6 days a week. :eek: And remember, America voted on who stayed and who went out of the two nominees.

smurfy

Last nights episode (wed pm). Setting up everyone to side with Jody and Mark. CBS surprised me.
Interesting that they did not end with the veto meeting. So tonight's episode will start with the veto and show the aftermath. I have plans tonight, hope I will be home in time. I have cut the cable cord, so if I miss the show, I can not watch until tomorrow on the cbs app.
Jessica has some good moments of understanding her life and how this is a game. I appreciate that.
Cody, I know he originally applied for Survivor, but for the life of me, I can not understand why he signed up for this show. With all of Jess and Cody's faults, their is an awareness that I appreciate.
I am starting to like Jody, as I think we are seeing the real them. They own their mistakes.

Paul is always 'on' and seems so much more annoying than last year.
Christmas is really Paul's cheerleader. Uggh. When I read on previously that Christmas and Jess had a nice talk, and Christmas was saying Cody out was good for her game - the posters made it sound like a nice bonding moment. What I saw on tv - was one of Paul's minions doing what they were told to do.
I so want Cody/Mar to win the next 2 HOHs and watch Paul and his minion's implode.

Catherine M

I've never, ever wanted the fix to be in by Grodner for the next HOH to be something only a former combat Marine can win but since they were given those damn golf clubs to practice, I guess its one of those classic luck comps that she seems to love. Sigh. Oh well, good luck to Jody tonight.

And I've never seen the online watchers flip as they have with Jody. Paul and his minions are in for a real shock when they get out and see how universally hated they are. Well the fanatical "friendship" fans are still around but they are def way out numbered.

Jenny

From the Bloc
I think the turning point might've been when Cody told Julie that he really was into Jessica. America loves a real romance after all, and they also love underdogs. Remember Jeff and Jordan in their first season? The more the house went after Jeff and the more their relationship grew, the more popular they became.

There's also Cody's status as a vet, and a decorated marine no less. America loves that, and now that some of them are questioning if it's for real inside the house, that makes America line up even more behind him.

At this point I'm rooting for them too.

Catherine M

Cody, I know he originally applied for Survivor, but for the life of me, I can not understand why he signed up for this show.

Maybe the producers got in his ear with "Caleb played Big Brother first" so maybe he had to take the Big Brother key to keep his Survivor hopes alive. I hope that he is indeed considered for a future season of Survivor as I think he could do well there.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
I'm hoping there are some special magnets in Jess and Cody's game balls in the HOH tonight. I thought Mark was on their side, too, since he told them he was a few nights ago, but yesterday he was back to telling Jason that he'll put up J/C if he wins HOH. He wants to get back into the house's "good graces." He's so dumb because he's #3 target after J/C no matter what he does as HOH. Have a backbone and take a shot at Paul and the Paulettes.

Susan1

I haven't been keeping up with all comments here, and I don't watch the feeds, but does Jessica realize if she uses the hex, it will be gone and they would be the main targets of the rest of the house. Does Paul realize he could have told her that to keep her from using it? I don't know who I dislike more, Paul or Cory. Maybe once they get rid of Cody, they can work on getting rid of Paul.

TanithandBenFan

I haven't been keeping up with all comments here, and I don't watch the feeds, but does Jessica realize if she uses the hex, it will be gone and they would be the main targets of the rest of the house. Does Paul realize he could have told her that to keep her from using it? I don't know who I dislike more, Paul or Cory. Maybe once they get rid of Cody, they can work on getting rid of Paul.

Multiple people have talked to Jess about saving the Hex and letting Cody go this week. But it's a good thing she's not listening to them because what she doesn't know is that if she doesn't use the Hex, the HGs (minus Mark and Elena) are planning on voting HER out instead of Cody. So, she's better off using it and taking her chances with Cody going forward.

Susan1

Multiple people have talked to Jess about saving the Hex and letting Cody go this week. But it's a good thing she's not listening to them because what she doesn't know is that if she doesn't use the Hex, the HGs (minus Mark and Elena) are planning on voting HER out instead of Cody. So, she's better off using it and taking her chances with Cody going forward.
o.k. - like I said, I don't watch the feeds. Why would they want to keep Cody? He's such a jerk. Oh, because Jessica has a better chance of winning, huh? What if one of them wins HOH and/or veto though? Boy, I could not be on that show. I stay in a locked room and cry.

TanithandBenFan

They want to get rid of Jess because she would still have the Hex if she stayed without using it this week. Cody wouldn't have anything to protect himself.

Habs

A bitch from Canada
I've been wondering how different this season would be playing out if a) Paul wasn't there and b) if Cody hadn't had to nominate 5 people during his time as HOH.

Fridge_Break

#HotMessExpress
This week will surpass the halfway mark in the season, and there's 12 people left still. I fail to see the reasoning to boot someone on Day 1, even with Paul returning.

smurfy

Ughhh last night!
Interesting how I read posters on previously tv - but things came across differently seeing the actual thing than what I read.
Jess was wrong with Raven and that conversation she saw. But given how everyone is behaving, I think Jess's behavior is understandable.
What a bunch of followers! And Josh as HOH - yuck.
Alex is talking alot about how upset Mark was when Josh won HOH. She is so like Paul keep repeating something about someone to make them a target.
I honestly am not sure how much more of this show I can tolerate.

What will suck - only 2 people can make themselves safe this week - temptation winner and veto winner. But there is Jody and Mark and maybe Elena. Pretty safe to assume one of these folks will go home, further bloating Paul's ego.
But sounds like Elena is sucking up to Josh.
Christmas is in Josh's ear - and has been from the beginning.

Habs - your comment is spot on - this season would have been different if those 2 things did not occur. Paul coming back was the worst one.

Jenny

From the Bloc
What a bunch of followers! And Josh as HOH - yuck.

Exactly. Josh as HOH might as well be Paul.

Are these people all just playing for the jury and the paid month by the pool? At one point last night or something I read, Matt referred to "my game" - what game???? What has he done other than follow the leader? And Elena apparently saying that the top of the club hit her giant lips so her shot was off and otherwise she would have won. Really???? You could see the tiny crowded numbers all the way down there, and had a plan to exactly target one of the higher ones? There's a reason there were multiple balls in the same slots you idiot.

This season started well, and I could even deal with a returnee, but all of them following Paul like sheep is just ridiculous. Last night when he was clapping his hands at everyone in the kitchen telling them to go outside and make noise and keep it going was just :wall::wall::wall:

jamesy

delightful
This is like that season of Survivor where Boston Rob finally won by controlling the other players. But this is much worse with Paul because Rob never went after other people personally.

If Paul wins, he'll deserve it because these people are morons, but ugh.

Jenny

From the Bloc
Weeellll this could be interesting. Right before they went to puppies, reading Joker's, Christmas and Josh have a lengthy private conversation and both saying - at least telling each other - that their #1 target is Elena, mostly because they don't trust her. Josh seems to want to backdoor her, which can be risky if whoever wins veto decides not to use it, which could easily happen if Cody and Jessica are up and the veto holder (or Paul) wants one of them gone.

And sounds like at some point Paul asked Josh to go get him some water while they were all in HOH, which Josh and Christmas have surmised was because he wanted to talk to Elena alone. Josh didn't think that was appropriate when he's HOH and Christmas stoked that fire hard. They are swearing to keep all this to themselves and let Paul think he's still in charge.

So maybe this season has some life in it yet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information