Battle of the Blades is returning to CBC this Fall!

Lemonade20

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
ok, Lemonade20, I was kinda joking anyway

Seriously I’d love to see the hockey skaters try a solo program. But if you’re going to call this Battle of the Blades, the skaters should also try shooting a puck in the net too. Show off both sets of skills

barbarafan

I do not get why anyone would dislike Sale.............based on skating and television personality (ie. I do not know her personally).

Gordeev would be great.

Dube would be great too. Have not heard of her in a long time.

HOw about Kurt and Alyssa
Dube was very out of shape and did not do well at all when she was on.
Kurt and Alyssa are single skaters.
Guess we can't afford Aliona S.

Lemonade20

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
So far they're just showing a repeat of last season's skaters. I'm curious if they have enough skaters to make a season this year.

starrynight

So far they're just showing a repeat of last season's skaters. I'm curious if they have enough skaters to make a season this year.

What's the state of the hockey season? Given that the 2020 figure skating GP season is probably going to be barely existent, I wonder if more presently competing figure skaters will be interested.

greenapple

They do have enough skaters and hockey players and have already paired them up. Some current hockey players have skipped the NHL season so it would not be surprising to see a couple of them on the show this year.

barbarafan

They do have enough skaters and hockey players and have already paired them up. Some current hockey players have skipped the NHL season so it would not be surprising to see a couple of them on the show this year.
I am wondering if Tessa Virtue is involved in some way.

Tinami Amori

I wish they had asked Lubov though. She could make any man look good.
:) This is like an old saying from a popular book in Russia "12 Chairs". "Ellochka was so petite that when standing next to any man she made him look strong and handsome".

Last edited:

barbarafan

:) This is like an old saying from a popular book in Russia "12 Chairs". "Ellochka was so petite that what standing next to any man she made him look strong and handsome".
She also is tremendously hard working, strong and couldn't strike an ugly pose if her life depended on it. She has also coached.

Rhumba d’Amour

I wish they had asked Lubov though. She could make any man look good.
I expected to see Liubov also—and I’ve always thought her ex-partner, Dylan Moskovitch, would be a natural for this as well. Seemingly such a personable guy, and isn’t he interested in acting, and things like that?

honey

David Wilson posted on Instagram, working with Vanessa James and partner. Dylan was with them. I assume coaching?

I was surprised not to see Lubov as well. Who knows, maybe she was asked and turned it down?

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
My skating club circulated a call from BotB's "remote casting coordinator" looking for people/groups to be virtual audience members. A lot of the tech stuff I didn't understand, but to participate you have to have a certain bandwidth and Internet speed, and they send a box of equipment to your house (lights, lapel microphone, etc.) to use for the show. You also have to commit to being part of the audience for every single episode.

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
My skating club circulated a call from BotB's "remote casting coordinator" looking for people/groups to be virtual audience members. A lot of the tech stuff I didn't understand, but to participate you have to have a certain bandwidth and Internet speed, and they send a box of equipment to your house (lights, lapel microphone, etc.) to use for the show. You also have to commit to being part of the audience for every single episode.
They have been "advertising" for virtual audience members on Twitter and in articles online - there was an e-mail address to apply.

Regarding Lubov, she recently posted about getting her provincial coaching certification so perhaps she is busy with coaching/looking for coaching positions and doesn't have time to be "bubbled" to participate in BotB.

Regarding Dylan, I would guess that the shoulder problems that caused him to stop competing might prevent him from participating as a pairs partner with a female hockey player who would definitely be larger than Lubov.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information