Amazing Race Season 31

BaileyCatts

Who else busted out laughing as soon as they saw the cow!!!!! And then Christy going "stop!" when they had to pick a cow!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I will never understand why they just get in their cars and take off without taking 2 minutes to look at a map and figure out where you are going. Or if you don't have a map stop and the first sight of people and ASK! Why randomly drive around in a country you have never been in before hoping you are going the right way. Once you turn left when you should have turned right you are screwed. At least it all worked out!

So what woulda happened if you didn't know how to drive a boat! Is driving a boat difficult? I would have no clue how to drive a boat!

Even if I don't mind them, I really don't want the Bros or Nicole/Vic to win because I don't want a non-TAR team to win. I hate this cross-show casting crap. :p

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
Who else busted out laughing as soon as they saw the cow!!!!! And then Christy going "stop!" when they had to pick a cow!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I will never understand why they just get in their cars and take off without taking 2 minutes to look at a map and figure out where you are going. Or if you don't have a map stop and the first sight of people and ASK! Why randomly drive around in a country you have never been in before hoping you are going the right way. Once you turn left when you should have turned right you are screwed. At least it all worked out!

So what woulda happened if you didn't know how to drive a boat! Is driving a boat difficult? I would have no clue how to drive a boat!

Even if I don't mind them, I really don't want the Bros or Nicole/Vic to win because I don't want a non-TAR team to win. I hate this cross-show casting crap. :p
The not stopping for directions really bothers me when you are in a country that speaks multiple languages and one of them is your language! FFS

shan

Just watched this week's episode...

I'm so glad that the Reilly sisters are gone! I was worried when Afghanimals were lost. I was hoping that the Bromance team would get a win this time since they probably won't make it to the end, but it's nice to be able to mostly tolerate the teams who are left. Team Fun was less annoying this round, but I think Nicole of Nicole/Victor is getting more whiny as the legs go on. I'm sure they're all very tired at this point.

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
The not stopping for directions really bothers me when you are in a country that speaks multiple languages and one of them is your language! FFS

English isn’t an official language in Switzerland (although most people do speak it).

BaileyCatts

So what type of vodoo zen black magic therapy has Colin been doing the last 15 years because Old Colin would have went ballistic when Christie left the Gnome at the Task site. :rofl: :rofl: And how you forget to take that thing with you after you had been lugging it around all day!

And how the hell did they learn that poem while flying across that lake trying to hang on for dear life! That thing had like 20 lines in it. Even if I was sitting in a quiet room I woulda never learned it. I have no memory skills. Especially while bouncing round on a raft being dragged across a lake a 100 miles per hour. :eek:

Where the Bros doing the diving task wrong? Like they were not searching in the right place or something? To me it looked like they kept highlighting those buoys like maybe they were digging in the wrong place. But that's okay ... I don't want a non-TAR team to win so I'm okay with them being out. :p

I agree with Team Fun that they did not cut in line. There were two agents, they were each in line behind an agent, and its just Nicole/Vic's bad luck that their agent went on a break. Team Fun did not cut in line.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
And how the hell did they learn that poem while flying across that lake trying to hang on for dear life! That thing had like 20 lines in it. Even if I was sitting in a quiet room I woulda never learned it. I have no memory skills. Especially while bouncing round on a raft being dragged across a lake a 100 miles per hour. :eek:
This is what I didn't get: why not read the poem one last time when you got to where you were going and before you got off the raft?

Also I think most of the tasks have been pretty lame this season. Most of them have almost nothing to do with the country they are in and way too many involve memorization.

Where the Bros doing the diving task wrong? Like they were not searching in the right place or something? To me it looked like they kept highlighting those buoys like maybe they were digging in the wrong place. :p
I was thinking about this. There were 4-5 of those buoys with the snorkeling equipment. That means there were 4-5 chalices and 20-25 coins. Since they were the only ones looking and they only found one chalice, I'm thinking they were definitely looking in the wrong place. Now if they were the 3rd or 4th team to show up when most of the "treasure" was gone, I could see having more trouble.

sk8pics

This is what I didn't get: why not read the poem one last time when you got to where you were going and before you got off the raft?
I don’t think they could take the poem off the raft with them, and they were probably hustled out of the raft. So I think the only time they could read it was when they were on the moving raft.

As for the Bros, maybe they were looking in the wrong spot. But I think the amount of time they wasted switching back and forth was also a big problem. I kind of liked them, so I’m sorry they’re gone, but they made bad decisions a bunch of times.

I’m not sure who I’m rooting for now. Team Fun is annoying me with their over the top reactions to everything. Maybe Cory and, is it Tyler?

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
So happy Team Fun is gone! I can't take any more of creepy Becca. Her scariness came out in full force again when she threatened to throw the egg in the poor guy's face. She looked dead serious.

I really want Nicole and Vic in the final three, but I think their lack of paying attention will finally catch up with them. The Afghanimals are lucky they're still in it with all the dumb mistakes they've made throughout the race.

Last edited:

BaileyCatts

That was totally Becca's fault they blew that egg challenge. You could see when she jumped that the bag kinda hit the ground. I was screaming at the TV 'check the eggs! check the eggs!' cause there is no way at least one of those eggs didn't get cracked. All she did was just look in the bag. I would have quickly pulled all of them out and checked them ..... because the bag hit the ground! Totally her fault.

Cows! :rofl:

And I know I don't know Colin in real life, and all I know about the guy is what I have seen on two versions of a reality race TV show 15 years apart, but damn .... that man has changed!!! Its like he's two different people. I actually wouldn't be too upset with a Colin/Christie win.

I just don't want Nicole/Vic in the Final 3. No cross-show casting on Amazing Race ever again!! :mitchell:

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Also, Nicole/Vic aren't really that strong a team. They don't deserve to be in the final IMO.

love skating

Clueless American
Grr... I was so hoping to get rid of Vic and Nic...sigh! I'm totally rooting for Colin and Christie! Although I wouldn't mind a Tyler/Korey win.

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
I was fine with Team Fun being eliminated after Becca’s threat to assault someone. I also think she was serious.

merrywidow

I'm not rooting for Nicole & Victor even tho I like them. She's already won "Big Brother" & I think that's a one million dollar win. Share the wealth. I find Colin to be loud mouthed & obnoxious this time around. So, I hope either the animals or Kory & Ty win. IMO Kory & Ty have played the better game.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
I'm not rooting for Nicole & Victor even tho I like them. She's already won "Big Brother" & I think that's a one million dollar win. Share the wealth. I find Colin to be loud mouthed & obnoxious this time around. So, I hope either the animals or Kory & Ty win. IMO Kory & Ty have played the better game.

Big Brother is $500k. I HATED Nicole on BB, but I'm able to tolerate her much more here since she's only shown in small doses. I've always really liked Victor since BB, and he grew up in my area so that's another reason I root for him.

I love Korey and Tyler and hope they win if Nic/Vic don't pull off a miracle (which I don't see happening).

shan

I really like Victor and rested Nicole is not bad, but I'm annoyed by how whiny exhausted Nicole has become. I'm amazed that they made it through both tasks at the U-turn. I wasn't sure they were going to be able to hoist that cow up the tower. :yikes:

Tyler and Korey are very strong and I could see them winning. They made me laugh during the boat ride down the canal, getting yelled at by a local. :lol:

I'm rooting for Colin and Christie to win. I love how we see a kinder and gentler Colin. I was amazed at how he stopped at the top of the tower to take a second to thank the lady handing out the clues. Even if they don't win the whole race, it's nice that they finally won a leg.

I'm happy to say goodbye to Team Fun. As others have said, Becca's reaction to the news of the cracked egg was :yikes: . I didn't see their first season, but I gather things didn't go well when they were eliminated. At least they took this elimination well.

sk8pics

I think team Fun was normally so over the top that the letdown when something went wrong was too much for them. Becca was always so sure of herself, it seemed to me, that when they had their egg mishap, after being u-turned, she just snapped. I don't think she was really going to throw the egg at the guy, it was just reality crashing into her opinion of herself, and disappointment. Nevertheless, I am glad they were eliminated.

I don't mind any of the remaining teams. I've always liked the Afghanimals, but they have been pretty obnoxious this time. Their carelessness is liable to cost them sooner or later. I think Tyler and Korey have been doing a great job, and also Colin and Christie. Nicole and Victor have made a few sloppy mistakes and that may end up costing them too. I think it's between Tyler and Korey, and Colin and Christie for the win.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
I'm happy to report that there is a casting call in Miami a month from now, just advertised across the screen, for the next season of The Amazing Race. So even though there has been a huge break between the filming and airing of this season, it goes on!

BaileyCatts

I'm happy to report that there is a casting call in Miami a month from now, just advertised across the screen, for the next season of The Amazing Race. So even though there has been a huge break between the filming and airing of this season, it goes on!

So who are you going to be racing with?! ;)

BaileyCatts

:cheer2: Totally happy with the Top 3! I woulda been happy with a win for any of them. My how far we have come from "my Ox is broken" to Christie has the major freak out and Colin was trying to calm her down in the taxi!

So on that Taxi Challenge, did they have to recite all 22 features IN ORDER from 1-22 each and every time, or could they just keep naming stuff in any order until they got all 22? When Phil said what the tasks were and described the Taxi one I was like 'oh you gotta do the rowing! that will take getting a rhythm and some brute strength! do the boats!'. Then I saw the boats. :eek: My fat ass would sunk that boat the minute I sat in it. :rofl:

I did a freeze frame on the directions for opening that safe. It hurt my head just trying to read the instructions. And I still don't get it. That woulda done me in too.

When I like all 3 teams in the Top 3, it kinda takes a little bit of excitement out of rooting for someone because I really didn't care who won outta the Top 3 cause I liked them all. :lol: I'm good with the final order.

Does anyone know the time difference between 1-2-3 place?

And my final thoughts .... No more stunt casting or cross-show casting! Choose true fans from the auditions only! Don't just stop people on the street because they are pretty and ask them if they wanna be on TV. True fans who actually fight their way thru that audition process!

Wow Eliza .... .way to be a bitter bitch right up to the very end there. :rolleyes:

Can someone please find the name of Colin's therapy program he's been taking because I think I need to sign up for that class. Like now. :rofl:

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
So on that Taxi Challenge, did they have to recite all 22 features IN ORDER from 1-22 each and every time, or could they just keep naming stuff in any order until they got all 22? When Phil said what the tasks were and described the Taxi one I was like 'oh you gotta do the rowing! that will take getting a rhythm and some brute strength! do the boats!'. Then I saw the boats. :eek: My fat ass would sunk that boat the minute I sat in it. :rofl:

They had to name everything in order, starting over if they messed up at any point.

Does anyone know the time difference between 1-2-3 place?

I don't know if we will ever get an official answer, and the creative editing makes it seem much closer than it usually is. However, I wouldn't be surprised if Tyler and Korey were just 5 or so minutes behind. The Afghanimals were at least a half hour behind prior to doing all of their final tasks, and they may have made up a few minutes if they got through the drums without issue.

And my final thoughts .... No more stunt casting or cross-show casting! Choose true fans from the auditions only! Don't just stop people on the street because they are pretty and ask them if they wanna be on TV. True fans who actually fight their way thru that audition process!

100% this. I know that casting already well-known people, which these days equals internet sensations or influencers, seems like the obvious way to gain a bigger fan base. But I've been watching the previous seasons of the show, starting at the beginning and now almost through the family S8, and things were so much better when it was just random people casted because they wanted to play a game. The producers had a bunch of 'model/actor' types in season 6, and three of the top four teams were almost carbon copies of each other. That and the airport drama being so much importance in the game- we don't get that anymore because of changed rules and regulations. But the editors have really cheesed up the whole presentation in the last few seasons, with the silly music and sometimes silly tasks, and I think it really takes away something from the overall dynamic.

Afghanimals are still my favorites, and I'm sure sometime down the road they will be asked to participate yet again. I was really impressed with how both Colin and Christie were able to calm each other down almost immediately. We saw in this episode about 5 seconds of Colin about to lose it, but Christie got him right back together. Having re-watched S5 (and then S6 back-to-back), Colin really didn't become a villain of types until about the halfway point. That, and watching the amount of psychopath-types they cast all together in S6 made him look awfully tame in retrospect. If you want hilarious TV in which everyone seems to hate each other, watch S6 again or watch Big Brother 10.

love skating

Clueless American
Yay!!! They all finished in the order I wanted! Congrats to Colin and Christie! I think we were all skeptical at first that Colin had changed but he really did.

Lilia A

Soooo happy with the final results. I've referred to Colin as perhaps the strongest individual racer for a long time, so I'm glad Colin & Christie won. Yes, I too laughed at how inverted the roles were in that taxi (compared to season 5). I thought for sure this is the time Colin is going to have a freak attack, but nah, Christie beat him to it :rofl:
I actually thought they were done when Christie was left alone at the roadblock. Colin really ate that rowing challenge. Wow.

Speaking of which, is Colin really scared of heights? Who woulda thunk? I mean, since season 5 he was always a thrill seeker.

Man, that taxi challenge seemed IMPOSSIBLE. How did they all get it right? I know it took them 3 or so attempts, but still. Hats off to all three teams.

I too wonder how far apart the top three were. I'll look things up. I know lots of these things are documented on social media nowadays but I avoid spoiler like the plague. I guess I can go search now.

Some takeaways:
-I actually really enjoyed this season. It's the first time in a while that I can honestly say that. I know having one of my all time favourite teams back made it better, but I would have enjoyed it either way.
-Did I miss something or were there no fast forwards this season?
-Also, no memory task in the final leg. I think they ran out of ideas and just gave them a different type of challenge :lol:
-I'm glad the final standings didn't come down to taxi rides. I hate when that happens.

jamesy

delightful
That was a satisfying finale. The Afghanimals were as clueless as Nicole was annoying, but I'm glad it was all previous TAR teams at the end.

I was skeptical of the new Colin and kept waiting for ox-is-broken-Colin to reappear, but he never really did. And I give Christie a lot of props for keeping up with the challenges. Their original season was the last one with the lopsided roadblocks (she only did 1 last time?), so having to race where the roadblocks were equal was impressive for her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information