Amazing Race Season 31

skatemomaz

Resist
I liked the end when I realized that no matter what happened, 1 of the 2 teams I hate would be eliminated.
so yeah, 2 of the 3 teams I hated have been eliminated, but I don't know how much more I can take of the Rileys.

Colin and Christie are certainly determined to redeem themselves from season 5.

Susan1

so yeah, 2 of the 3 teams I hated have been eliminated, but I don't know how much more I can take of the Rileys.

Colin and Christie are certainly determined to redeem themselves from season 5.
there's a storm coming, trying to hurry while it's fresh in my mind, excuse no "s"s !
Rachel - wahh wahh wahh I love this show I tried so hard (Sister with the big lips, I forget her name, basically - shut up Rachel) - oh we're not eliminated yippee. (Sister probably - shoot, I wanted to go home I can't take her anymore) Geez.

I didn't think Janelle was going to be the dumb one on that team.

I'm surprised they didn't show clips of Team Fun and the bicycle problem from their season when they were having to transport wood on the bicycle.

Habs

A bitch from Canada
I love that Elissa was snapping at Rachel to stop whining. :lol:

I'm actually enjoying Colin and Christie. They certainly learned something from their first time on the race and have really matured. Good for them for trying to redeem themselves.

love skating

Clueless American
Colin and Christie have become one of my faves - shocking! :eek: I also like Tyler and Korey and didn't last time around. And Rachel has never bothered me as much as she seems to bother everyone else - she just makes me laugh. Not exactly rooting for her and her sister but not against either.

I hate the head to head competitions, wish TAR would get rid of that - just feels so unfair, esp at the end of a leg. You could be hours ahead of another team and have to wait for them to face them, I don't like that.

Rogue

Sexy Superhero
Head to Head wound up being pointless (everyone still finished in order of arrival), other than delaying the O'Reilly's check-in at the mat while they waited on the last team. Hopefully there won't be an equalizer at the start of the next leg and that delay will keep them behind the entire episode.

BaileyCatts

Read.the.clue!!!!!!! (or actually FIND the clue before you randomly just go start runnin' because you see a marker!!!). :rofl: I was laughing hysterically at the people who had to climb the stairs more than once because they did not read.the.clue!

I was :angryfire at the NEL! And as much as I hate the Head to Head, I didn't really care who lost since I hate both those teams.

Get rid of that freaking Head to Head! TAR is not that kind of contest and Phil trying to call the game ...... no no no no no. Just stop. Please.

And yet it still won't matter because it seems like the Teams are always traveling together to the next destination anyway, so no one really ever has a lead.

But I could totally chow down on some of that rolex right about know. :p

Josh78

I KNEW when Phil paused that the Rileys would be saved by the non-elimination leg -- The Head to Head thing was a poorly and thinly veiled (aka too obvious) wrinkle conjured up by producers who obviously think that Rachel and Alissa's emotional theatrics (well Rachel's, mostly) make good TV -- and I'm just SO BEYOND TIRED of her having her hand in basically every reality-based show CBS produces -- I honestly wonder how many times they've probably tried to convince her to be on Survivor so she can complete the CBS reality show trilogy....

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
I honestly wonder how many times they've probably tried to convince her to be on Survivor so she can complete the CBS reality show trilogy....

Noooooooooooooooo! I was hoping no one would ever say it!

DON'T LISTEN, CBS!

That said, I don't think they conjured up the head-to-head for Rachel, as they've had those before. I think the producers think it's exciting, but it's mostly annoying. And it would be pretty tough to come up with a contest like that on the fly.

D

Deleted member 1204

Rachel cannot get off my TV fast enough... but naturally that means that she will be around forever and that TAR will bring her back yet again for another TAR Family Edition (which she will do with what I imagine to be her equally whiny demon spawn) and the eventual TAR Geriatric Edition (in which she will whine constantly about her aching back and sore feet).

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I've met the producers and talked to them and they plan everything out to the last inch. They even have their crew run the race first before the original racers do it with cameras to make sure the tasks work out and also the timing.

That doesn't mean they don't adjust to conditions. But creating a Head-to-head at the last minute just to respond to a particular racer being in last place? I don't think so. That sounds more like a Survivor trick to me. :D

BaileyCatts

I'm sure its probably happened before and maybe I never noticed them, but when the Teams were running at the dock area to the wood gathering thing, watching the gaggle of camera people running to keep up with the racers was kinda funny. :lol:

Rogue

Sexy Superhero
That said, I don't think they conjured up the head-to-head for Rachel, as they've had those before.

Plus it actually wound up hurting Rachel since she had to wait for the blondes to arrive. She would have crossed the mat sooner without the head-to-head.

shan

Finally caught up with TAR! (I keep forgetting to watch on Wednesdays.) I was very sad that the Riley sisters didn't get eliminated, but like others I was kind of annoyed with the blondes. I'm still enjoying Colin and Christie and the country guys (have no idea what there names are). Afghanimals were okay this week, but I'm becoming annoyed with the female half of Team Fun.

alexikeguchi

Based on the teaser that the U turn will be determined by popular vote and Phil's emphasis on how many legs Rachel would need to complete for the record, I seriously hope the Reilly sisters will finally be eliminated next week. The other remaining teams may have their annoying aspects, but the Reillys lap the field.

BaileyCatts

First of all, what the feck with another NEL the very next Leg of the game!!! :mad:

Second, I don't watch Big Brother, but isn't the thing in that game having a popular vote you have to say out loud so everyone knows who you kicked out? What the feck with the producers injecting all this Survivor and Big Brother game crap into TAR!! TAR is not that kind of contest!! They need to get rid of the Head to Head and this popular vote crap (even though I haven't even seen it yet, and even though I hope I will be very glad that they pick the Reilly Bytches). :mad: :mad:

Third, am I the only one who found it hysterical that Colin (aka 'My Ox Is Broken') is the one leading everyone in the hand holding meditation session??!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

And finally, I wanna ride on that mountain incline thing. :p

Lilia A

Third, am I the only one who found it hysterical that Colin (aka 'My Ox Is Broken') is the one leading everyone in the hand holding meditation session??!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I was like "who the heck are you and what did you do with Colin" :lol:

Speaking of Colin, was that fall out of the helicopter on purpose? I almost didn't see that. That was kinda funny too.

Fun tasks this week BUT, I hate it when the order of arrival at the roadbloack pretty much determines the rest of the race. If there were two jumps available at the same time then ok.

annie720

LOVED last night's episode. The reason I started watching TAR way back when was because of the locations and the scenery. I was glued to the screen the entire time, and the pure enjoyment of the contestants who were loving where they were and what they were doing, was infectious. That said, please don't ruin my favorite reality show by throwing in BB-type antics. I'd be happy if last night's Top Four are the four going into the finals. You could even thrown in Nicole and Victor since Victor's awesome look at the camera when the Reilly sisters were pulling their crap endeared me to him.

Last edited:

ks1227

I really want the sisters to be gone. I was so glad Nicole and Victor weren't eliminated, not because they're my favorite team but because I want them to last longer than the sisters.

And wait, people here don't like team fun? They are awesome, and always bring a smile to my face!

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
@BaileyCatts Big Brother contestants vote behind a closed door (the diary room) and the final tally is announced- it’s not out in the open and it’s not written on a piece of paper where you can figure out who did it a la Survivor.

I almost feel a little bad for the Reillys but they don’t get their stories straight and they both try to talk over each other all the time and that’s what caused the annoyance and confusion with Nicole and Victor. Had one just presented it as matter of fact, said who was in the discussion, and been done, it might have come across like they intended.. but now they have pretty much everyone hating them.

Good episode in terms of the location, scenery, and the challenges, but all these NEL in the beginning- I suspect because later in the game there will be those legs where they get to the mat and just instantly are given a clue to continue racing like they’ve done throughout time. There was one early season, maybe even the second one, where the NELs were as late as 5, 4, and 3 teams left but then they introduced those part-two legs.

Afghanimals are still my favorites but they are getting lost in the shuffle this time around, and I suspect they will make one huge, silly, mistake that knocks them out.

BaileyCatts

Oh right. Well still .... too many NEL's!!! Never more than 2 total in the game. And early one and a like Top 4 or 5 one.

Josh78

The flag folding speed bump for Nicole and Victor was surely good for the upcoming decades of shared laundry folding :)

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
Yes! While some teams still around annoy me in minor ways, I would be happy with any of them winning. Not sure I could say that at this point in any other season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information