Amazing Race Season 31

BaileyCatts

When Chris and Brett said they were gonna go do the Dance challenge I thought .... dumbass!! They look like they go fishin' on a daily basis, why they not picking the fishing challenge cause they ain't never gonna get that Dance challenge down. :rofl:

But its too early for NEL (and I want all the non-TAR teams eliminated so wish they was gone :p ). They should only have one NEL per season and no clue when it shows up, but more like around 5-6 teams left.

love skating

Clueless American
I like an early NEL too. And agree that later on we get tired of the same people and are hoping for elimination. But I was thinking if the Afghanimals had been the ones in last and gotten the NEL I bet people would have conspiracy theories that TAR wanted to save them. Anyway, fun challenges this leg... I do think the karaoke judge was more lenient than the dance judge! lol

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
I wish we were able to have Floyd without Becca. She creeps me out. I think it stems from their original season where she went from Team Fun to raging all over Floyd in a hot second during one of the challenges.

I must be the only one who's not a fan of the Afghanimals. :shuffle: I find them a little obnoxious. I'm rooting for Tyler and his partner (his name is escaping me at the moment) since they make me laugh (their expressions while fishing were :lol:) and Nicole and Victor since I'm most familiar with them from BB.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Finally watched the episode. I realized now that what I thought were 2 teams of girls are actually 3 times but two of them have fat lips!

There was a lot of dancing and singing in this episode and didn't we have some performing in the last one too? I like challenges you can't do back in the US like farming with an ox or dying fabric with local patterns. Though I have to say, Karaoke is harder than you'd think.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
I think the dancing challenge was ridiculously strict because they had to balance the two- obviously getting through a dance in one take would give those teams a huge advantage over those waiting for 8 ‘fish’.

I still like the Afghanimals. I think they take tense situations and make them all funny, although we did see a little bit of stress this episode. The powers that be really want them to win (just like I think they wanted Rupert and recently Joe to win Survivor)- which means they won’t win. :wideeyes:

skatemomaz

Resist
I don't mind an early NEL, and given the editing I was pretty sure that's what we were headed for. Honestly though, when I first saw Chris and Brett last night, I was thinking who the hell are they? I honestly didn't remember them at all from the previous episodes. :lol:

The dance challenge looked hard but fun, and so glad they showed Rachel's epic fail at dancing from her previous season. Still loving the Afghanimals and I like Floyd more so than Becca but Team Fun doesn't bother me. Rachel and Elissa can go anytime now.

Lilia A

I wish we were able to have Floyd without Becca. She creeps me out. I think it stems from their original season where she went from Team Fun to raging all over Floyd in a hot second during one of the challenges.

I must be the only one who's not a fan of the Afghanimals. :shuffle: I find them a little obnoxious. I'm rooting for Tyler and his partner (his name is escaping me at the moment) since they make me laugh (their expressions while fishing were :lol:) and Nicole and Victor since I'm most familiar with them from BB.

Oh, I remember. I think they got early to the pit stop all smiles and saying how much they love each other and then Phil told them that Floyd forgot the fanny pack with their passport. Cut to Becca going ballistic on poor Floyd. I remember thinking, well now team fun really made things fun...

I'm thinking Afghanimals are getting runners up edit. You know, strong, dominant, hard to kill. The team that gets that edit often doesn't win but does do well (except Rob and Amber in the all star season). But, of course, I could be wrong. I've been wrong before. I think back at the real dominant teams that ended up winning (Nick and Starr and Rachel and Dave). Both got the "we're strong but also vulnerable" edit.

Why didn't they recruit Dandrew just for the dancing challenge? Can we please have them do the challenge?

Josh78

Did they REALLY have to have Corinne and Eliza emotionally speaking ill of Rachel and Elissa less than 10 feet away from them right after they were eliminated in Vietnam? I realize surely that's exactly what the production team wants, but that was seriously overkill...

Lilia A

Still waiting for moody Colin to come out. It's gotta come out eventually, right? I'm glad they won a leg.

I had a feeling Corinne and Eliza were history as soon as they started speaking at the start of the episode. The editors have got to get more creative. It's so predictable.

love skating

Clueless American
Did anyone else laugh when they saw the round boats?! They so gave me "Flo" flashbacks! lol

I couldn't believe that I found myself rooting for Colin and Christie! I spent so much time rooting against them on their first Race!

Anyway, I liked Eliza but didn't like the way she was at the end. Yes the Riley sisters are annoying but I think she took too much of her disappointment out on them. They only have themselves to blame for the elimination. Motorbike roadblock was the killer for them. Although I wonder just how close it was at the end (since the Rileys were still on the mat). If indeed it was very close then perhaps if they didn't think they had to stand up in the boats :rofl: they could have beaten the Rileys.

annie720

Still waiting for moody Colin to come out. It's gotta come out eventually, right? I'm glad they won a leg.

Sometime before the next ep, I've gotta get the hubs to watch some original Colin. He's certainly getting a fine edit so far.

skatemomaz

Resist

I had a feeling Corinne and Eliza were history as soon as they started speaking at the start of the episode. The editors have got to get more creative. It's so predictable.
Did anyone else laugh when they saw the round boats?! They so gave me "Flo" flashbacks! lol

I couldn't believe that I found myself rooting for Colin and Christie! I spent so much time rooting against them on their first Race!

Anyway, I liked Eliza but didn't like the way she was at the end. Yes the Riley sisters are annoying but I think she took too much of her disappointment out on them. They only have themselves to blame for the elimination. Motorbike roadblock was the killer for them. Although I wonder just how close it was at the end (since the Rileys were still on the mat). If indeed it was very close then perhaps if they didn't think they had to stand up in the boats :rofl: they could have beaten the Rileys.
Sometime before the next ep, I've gotta get the hubs to watch some original Colin. He's certainly getting a fine edit so far.
I couldn't believe I was rooting for Colin, but he definitely seems to have mellowed. I did laugh when he wryly admitted the obscenities would have been flowing in the previous season.

I don't care for either of the bottom two teams, although in terms of pure annoyance factor, the Riley sisters far outstrip anybody else. I couldn't believe Eliza and Corinne thought they had to stand up in the boats. :lol:

Please oh please let the Rileys go next.

smurfy

Bye Corinne and Eliza. I always thought Corinne was a b*tch and Eliza was amusing and ok. But I think Corinne is a bad influence on her - and maybe Eliza started to realize it. Glad they are gone - they spent too much time talking about others and not doing well themselves.
Riley sisters- not nice either. Hope they are gone next. Has Rachel said yet what a fierce competitor she is?

And yes - Colin seems nice. I read somewhere - was it here - that he was taking Ambien in his earlier season and that impacted his behavior. Also can't help but root for older team, not that they are old.
Nicole and Victor continue to surprise, more Nicole than Victor - they are doing well. Her whiny voice may make the other teams not take them seriously.
As a fan of Janelle and Britney from BB - I feel they are not a huge factor. Janelle was always such a challenge beast on BB, but has had a couple of kids. I want to see the Blond Bombshell crush it.

I am liking several teams - Team Fun, Afghanimals (I know not everyone likes them, but they amuse me), Colin & Christie, and Chris & Brett (but I know they will not last much longer).

And I always love when the locals are involved. The folks at the moped event were great. And loved the ones on the river in the baskets making waves. The challenges have been cool too.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I read somewhere - was it here - that he was taking Ambien in his earlier season and that impacted his behavior.
I said it! :D

Read it in an interview of them. Or on Television Without Pity from the moderator talking to them at the Finale party.

BaileyCatts

I still think we'll see a Colin meltdown. He's ridin' the edge and he's gonna lose it. I hope. :rofl:

I hope they do another task with an Ox again. Please please please? :EVILLE:

sk8pics

I must have been sleepy and not paying enough attention, but I thought this episode was a bit confusing in the editing. And what happened to the Afghanimal guy who has his shoulder all bandaged up? I only saw it when they got to the mat.

I did not like either of the two teams that were last and second to last. The Riley sisters can go any time. I thought they were obnoxious to Corinne and Eliza, but it was crazy how long they went on about the Riley sisters after they left the mat. It didn’t serve any purpose to furthering the race story to show that, so it’s disappointing they couldn’t find anything better to show instead.

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
I must have been sleepy and not paying enough attention, but I thought this episode was a bit confusing in the editing. And what happened to the Afghanimal guy who has his shoulder all bandaged up? I only saw it when they got to the mat.

I don't know what happened, but I also didn't see the bandage until the end the first time I watched. But I just watched the episode again because my husband hadn't seen it yet, and this time I saw the bandage throughout the show. So whatever happened happened before this episiode.

Eliza and Corinne were brats. Can't stand the Riley sisters, but really?

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
I wanted to scream when Phil said "non-elimination."

If EVER an elimination was needed......

As soon as Phil said there would be a face-off, I said "Ugh." And a few minutes later, my husband said, "Now I remember what was horrible about this--Phil calling the competition."

You don't have to be Jeff Probst, Phil, and you really shouldn't try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information