Amazing Race Season 31

MacMadame

Doing all the things
BTW- I hope Colin shows a little crazy side.
I read somewhere that Christie and Colin used Ambien to sleep on planes during the show. I suspect that contributed to his crazy factor as that drug has a lot of side effects and makes people do things they might not normally. I was wondering this time if they would use Ambien again. If they do, I think you'll get your wish! :lol:

The girls in the pink T-shirts are Eliza and Corinne from Survivor. The sisters from Big Brother were in the fluorescent yellow sausage casings. The girls in lavender tank tops were friends from Big Brother.

Not sure which ones you meant :).
Oh, I thought sausage girls and pink tank top girls were the same team but had changed close at some point! I like the pink ladies.

Fridge_Break

#HotMessExpress
I’ve had both Corinne and Eliza blocked on twitter for years, so their smack talk followed by a completely lousy performance in the first leg was particularly delicious for me.

skatemomaz

Resist
:cheer2:

;)

ETA I actually love those bitchy sisters. They are the ones in the matching pink tank tops, yes? If not, then I love those two whoever they may be. I don't generally go for the bitchy ones but those two crack me up.
I would have liked the pink girls more if their smack talk hadn't sounded so pre-planned. I felt like they were putting on a persona.

smurfy

Afghanimals rank right up there as one of my favorite teams/set of people I’ve seen on any reality show. They are hilarious and make everything fun. If I’m ever on the show 🙄, I would want them to come back yet again just so I could have the honor of racing against them.

Rupert wasn’t as annoying as I thought- yet, and I absolutely love Janelle and Brittany. I didn’t know if I would like this season but it seems like it’ll be better than the last few. I just hope it’s not the end of the show, seeing how long ago it was filmed.

BTW- I hope Colin shows a little crazy side. As ridiculous as he was in his first go-around, I miss some of those outbursts and temper-tantrums that we saw from at least one team each season in the early years.

Love your whole post.
LOL at showing Colin's broken ox clip right away, and I bet it is not the first time. Interesting about the ambien.

Ratings were great for both Survivor and Amazing Race. So hopefully that will continue and they renew the show.

I too wanted Rupert gone and they will be gone soon.
Britney and Janelle are always fun - and Janelle was always such a challenge beast in BB. Brit not so much, but hope they last awhile.
And the Afghanimals. Loved how one said he was now a dad and the other one mentioned his cat.
They truly are enjoying the experience.
And yes - Corrinne and Eliza are too rehearsed - hopefully they will tone it down, as I think Eliza can be funny.

As much as people don't like returning players - I knew most everybody so it was easier to watch. I too barely remember the last time?
Team Fun - guy said there were dating then laughed - are they really? that would be cute.
So glad this show is back. I really enjoyed the episode.

Jenny

From the Bloc
Every time Eliza came on screen, I could hear "This is not a hidden immunity idol. This is a bleeping stick."

One of my all-time favorite Survivor moments.

It's been years but every time we pick a twig up in the yard we still laugh hysterically even before one of us says "but it's a stick!"

jamesy

delightful
I thought Team Fun was super annoying on their original season and I was more disappointed to see them than I was to see bitchy Survivors. :slinkaway

smurfy

It's been years but every time we pick a twig up in the yard we still laugh hysterically even before one of us says "but it's a stick!"

Maybe they will show that on the show, like they showed 'my ox is broken' lol

skatemomaz

Resist
This episode felt rushed. I am happy to see Rupert and Laura gone, but have to wonder in the previous episode, how much time Art and JJ spent trying to do the challenge then taking the penalty if Rupert and Laura were 5 hours behind the first place teams? :eek:

Rachel and Elissa seem determined to up the annoyance factor, if you are going to use the U-turn then fcuking own it. Don't use it then whine about using it the entire time.

Still loving the Afghanimals and found Nicole and Victor to be rather charming if a little twee. Colin and Christie are playing under the radar but doing really well so good for them. (They did show his temper tantrum at the police station from season 5, the producers are not about to let us forget!):lol:

I loved the elephants and how peaceful that whole river was, it would have been nice to hear and see more of the musicians.

annie720

With two TAR all-stars being U-turned, my big fear was that another TAR team would be eliminated. So thankful that didn't happen. The elephant scene with the mountains in the background was so beautiful. Rachael and Elissa, please be the next to leave.

Susan1

This episode felt rushed. I am happy to see Rupert and Laura gone, but have to wonder in the previous episode, how much time Art and JJ spent trying to do the challenge then taking the penalty if Rupert and Laura were 5 hours behind the first place teams? :eek:

Rachel and Elissa seem determined to up the annoyance factor, if you are going to use the U-turn then fcuking own it. Don't use it then whine about using it the entire time.

Still loving the Afghanimals and found Nicole and Victor to be rather charming if a little twee. Colin and Christie are playing under the radar but doing really well so good for them. (They did show his temper tantrum at the police station from season 5, the producers are not about to let us forget!):lol:

I loved the elephants and how peaceful that whole river was, it would have been nice to hear and see more of the musicians.
I like Nicole's boyfriend. She's still awfully ditzy. Rachel is easier to take with her sister, but I still don't want her to win.

annie720

I think I would "enjoy" Rachel more if she were still paired with Brendon. I would still dislike her but would enjoy disliking her and wouldn't necessarily want her gone yet because it's fun to have someone to hate on. With Elissa, it's double the annoyance and I just can't watch. To be honest, those lips aren't helping.

skatemomaz

Resist
I think I would "enjoy" Rachel more if she were still paired with Brendon. I would still dislike her but would enjoy disliking her and wouldn't necessarily want her gone yet because it's fun to have someone to hate on. With Elissa, it's double the annoyance and I just can't watch. To be honest, those lips aren't helping.
I couldn't stand her with Brendon, but you are right, Elissa makes it far worse. And I wasn't going to say anything, but those lips were ridiculous. :yikes:

BaileyCatts

Yes. Rupert is gone. :cheer2: Now just let all the other non-TAR Teams gets eliminated next please. :p

The elephants!!! :love::love::love: I so woulda done that challenge as soon as I saw the elephants. Wouldn't have matter what I had to do, I would want that chance to do something with the elephants.

I get the feeling that Colin is like rrrrriiiiigggghhhhhhhttttt on the edge. You can kinda see him close his eyes and breathe deep and sort of meditate right where he is. The longer they stay in the game, the closer he is gonna get to going right over that edge. I'd bet money on it. :rofl:

And they all take the same plane again. :blah: I also miss the days of scrambling for flights and airport drama, but I do understand the reasons from a production standpoint. I wonder if it also has to do with how air travel has become more difficult with all the security measures that exist now that didn't in the early years. Make them take more buses, boats, trains and such that run on schedules that they have to book tickets for. Maybe that will make up for some missing airport drama. :rofl:

merrywidow

I didn't care for Leo & Jamal the 1st time they competed but now I find myself rooting for them. Actually, anyone except Rachel. Or Colin. I find that he is already irritating with his new personality.

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
Loved the elephants fording the Mekong River. I would go on the Amazing Race just for that!

Thought it was hilarious to see Becca seize the moment to be in charge. She always strikes me as someone who is, underneath all the wheeeeee, a real martinet. I laughed and laughed when she was barking at her uncooperative elephant.

I also laughed when Christy lectured Corinne about how to talk to her elephant, Christy being an expert at talking to elephants and all. But it brought back such memories of Sugar telling Corinne how to behave like a person in Gabon.

I do not understand why anyone U-turned anyone at this point in the game, and why, if a team were to be U-turned, it wasn't Jamal and Leo.

skatemomaz

Resist
Loved the elephants fording the Mekong River. I would go on the Amazing Race just for that!

Thought it was hilarious to see Becca seize the moment to be in charge. She always strikes me as someone who is, underneath all the wheeeeee, a real martinet. I laughed and laughed when she was barking at her uncooperative elephant.

I also laughed when Christy lectured Corinne about how to talk to her elephant, Christy being an expert at talking to elephants and all. But it brought back such memories of Sugar telling Corinne how to behave like a person in Gabon.

I do not understand why anyone U-turned anyone at this point in the game, and why, if a team were to be U-turned, it wasn't Jamal and Leo.

I didn't get either of the U-turn strategies. Team Fun was always middling in their previous season, and I was never that impressed with Tyler and Korey. I agree, the only team that should have a target on their backs are the Afghanimals.

Becca really sucked at giving her elephant directions.

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
I didn't get either of the U-turn strategies. Team Fun was always middling in their previous season

I figured that was just plain revenge, because it doesn't take much to make an enemy of Rachel and she isn't smart enough to think strategically.

skatemomaz

Resist
I figured that was just plain revenge, because it doesn't take much to make an enemy of Rachel and she isn't smart enough to think strategically.
oh right! I forgot Team Fun "ditched" her when looking for the travel agent. Good lord. :rolleyes:

Susan1

Becca really sucked at giving her elephant directions.
From what I saw, Rupert is the one who wasn't using the correct commands. He kept talking and talking and talking to it (him or her, I don't know) in English. No wonder it didn't move. :)

skatemomaz

Resist
From what I saw, Rupert is the one who wasn't using the correct commands. He kept talking and talking and talking to it (him or her, I don't know) in English. No wonder it didn't move. :)
Rupert sucked too, but Becca was having a lot of difficulty.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I agree, the only team that should have a target on their backs are the Afghanimals.
Didn't they show up at the U-turn almost immediately after the first team(s)? (I'm still trying to figure out who everyone is so maybe not.)

Maybe no one was willing to do it to their face and then maybe get a target on their back.

Also, those teams who did use the U-turn acted like they had to (which they don't). It was more like "oh there's a u-turn. who should we pick?" and not much strategy such as "should we even pick anyone?"

BaileyCatts

deleting post. never mind. I think I have the Teams mixed up. Ignore comment. Continue thread. :p

Rogue

Sexy Superhero
Also, those teams who did use the U-turn acted like they had to (which they don't). It was more like "oh there's a u-turn. who should we pick?" and not much strategy such as "should we even pick anyone?"

Team Fun probably felt that they had to so that they weren't the only ones doing 2 tasks. But I would have thought they would pick a less-able team rather than a strong team.

annie720

It was Team Fun's night last night. Good for them! I thought they might be lenient on the dance challenge so it was good to see that wasn't the case, with a few teams needing close to 20 attempts. I would have been so disoriented with the karaoke challenge. It seemed like a leg designed for the younger contestants, unless you opted for the fishing.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I'd have been calling, here fishy, fishy, fishy. Except prawns aren't fish. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information