Amazing Race Season 31

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
Rupert. Ugh. I don't see him being good at the race.

Eliza and Corinne? Team Bitchy!

Becca and Floyd are still friends--good, good.

Rachel Reilly again. Nooooooooo.

Lots of Big Brother teams I don't know at all.

Anemone

Ugh. This used to be one of my favourite shows, but they seem to be getting more and more gimicky. I've loathed the previous seasons with casting like this, and will be mostly giving this one a pass. I may watch just the first and last episodes.

BaileyCatts

Is Colin the "my ox is broken" guy?

I don't watch Big Brother so don't know any of those people. I don't even remember the people who have been on Amazing Race before. I vaguely remember Becca & Floyd. I used to like Rupert his first time on Survivor, but the more he kept going back, the more I did not like him. I don't really have anyone I'll be rooting for right from the start. I guess it will depend on how much they tick me off. :rofl:

I really don't like this cross-show casting though. Why not get just like regular people who are not already 'reality stars'. I can see a lot of "lets work together" crap to help each other do tasks and block out others who are not 'part of the clique' going on and I hate it when they do that on Amazing Race. Its not that kinda show!

But of course I will still be watching. :D

Fridge_Break

#HotMessExpress
I've passed on the last season or two, looking forward to getting back into it. I watch all 3 shows, so I'm familiar with pretty much everybody. I do wish, if the series continues, that they go back to their roots and cast everyday people like they did in the first handful of seasons.

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
I've passed on the last season or two, looking forward to getting back into it. I watch all 3 shows, so I'm familiar with pretty much everybody. I do wish, if the series continues, that they go back to their roots and cast everyday people like they did in the first handful of seasons.

Survivor got a whole new life when they started casting fans instead of models and wannabe actors.

Now if only they would stop bringing back "favorites."

Lilia A

Wheee Colin is back. Please have him do another Ox challenge.

I've said many times he was probably the best individual racer in TAR history. Too bad 1) that was about a decade and a half ago so he's probably a shadow of his former self in terms of physical condition and 2) he now has to split the roadblocks with his partner evenly. If I recall correctly, Christie only ever did one roadblock and she did quite bad.

Please, pretty please, bring back interesting tasks. The last few seasons have been boring. So boring that I forgot the new season was about to start until I saw this thread....

skatemomaz

Resist
Wheee Colin is back. Please have him do another Ox challenge.

I've said many times he was probably the best individual racer in TAR history. Too bad 1) that was about a decade and a half ago so he's probably a shadow of his former self in terms of physical condition and 2) he now has to split the roadblocks with his partner evenly. If I recall correctly, Christie only ever did one roadblock and she did quite bad.

Please, pretty please, bring back interesting tasks. The last few seasons have been boring. So boring that I forgot the new season was about to start until I saw this thread....
As long as Christie and only Christie is allowed to interact with and pay the cab drivers.

annie720

As a longtime viewer of the show, I complain every season about the gimmicks in casting and swear I'll give it up, but every single time, after the first couple of episodes I forget about the gimmicks and end up enjoying the show and the contestants as usual. I'll be watching. I"m curious about Colin. Hubby wasn't watching when he was on and I'm tempted to have him watch Season 5 before this starts. Or maybe after.

annie720

Darn, I really wanted a non TAR team to be eliminated. I'd think that "mountain" would be hard to climb for anyone with questionable knees. Colin and Christie look to be in very good shape.

shan

I watched! The premiere is always kind of weird to me, first place hitting the mat seemingly way early. It was a slow start, but I hope it picks up as things go on. I haven't watched TAR for a few seasons.

BaileyCatts

I'm terrible with names, but whoever the dude was that got the massive leg cramps .... I fell your pain dude! I get those calf cramps when I'm sleeping and they are so painful I still feel them the next day. Those are brutal. :yikes::yikes:

Rupert is as annoying as ever. I was so hoping that them showing that clock of how long they were randomly wandering around the park meant they might still lose it. Loved how they were literally right beside the mountain and were like 'na, that ain't it'. :rofl:

At the chocolate shoe challenge when they were showing the clip of the Game Show, I had glanced away from the TV for like a second and looked back and I was like 'was that Shizuka???' :rofl: But when they each had to eat the shoe down to the red line ... that was a l-o-t of chocolate. I think I woulda been puking that up later. :p

I just hope a former TAR Team wins, even if it means Colin and Christie. I don't like this stunt casting crap. :mad:

skatemomaz

Resist
Happy for the afghanimals, they ran a smart race. Colin's still a good racer but seems determined to tamp down the uber competitive obnoxiousness of before, I wonder how long that will last? :shuffle:
Rachel and her equally awful sister will likely be around to torture us until the end.

What was the point of making everyone dig in a giant sand sculpture for a clue if the first ones out didn't gain an advantage? They were all on the same plane and had the same bus into town. I hope all the transportation isn't going to be spoon fed all season.

shan

What was the point of making everyone dig in a giant sand sculpture for a clue if the first ones out didn't gain an advantage? They were all on the same plane and had the same bus into town. I hope all the transportation isn't going to be spoon fed all season.

I thought that too. Didn't they all get on the same bus. We haven't had airport :drama: in several seasons.

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
I thought that too. Didn't they all get on the same bus. We haven't had airport :drama: in several seasons.

Security makes it difficult for people to switch flights in most airports, and also the producers sometimes have trouble getting camera crews in place to meet people who jump too far ahead. All teams have to buy tickets for their producers and sound teams, who travel with them, but the camera crews split up.

There's an interview with Phil out there where he talks about sprinting to the mat from one direction because he just arrived while a producer is yelling at him in his headset that a team is running to the mat from the other way. :lol:

Rogue

Sexy Superhero
Darn, I really wanted a non TAR team to be eliminated. I'd think that "mountain" would be hard to climb for anyone with questionable knees. Colin and Christie look to be in very good shape.
Me, too. But it was nice seeing the non TAR teams acknowledge that this was tougher than their own respective shows. Plus the top 5 teams all had some TAR experience, leading me to believe it will be a TAR repeater who wins it all.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I was very disappointed that Rupert and Mrs. Rupert didn't get Philiminated. (And my spell check accepts Philiminated as a proper word! :lol:)

I haven't watched in a while but I thought the first episode always had spoon fed transportation?

skatemomaz

Resist
I was very disappointed that Rupert and Mrs. Rupert didn't get Philiminated. (And my spell check accepts Philiminated as a proper word! :lol:)

I haven't watched in a while but I thought the first episode always had spoon fed transportation?
I don't watch Survivor, so my impressions were totally on seeing them for the first time and I was rooting for them to be Philiminated. They are terrible racers as well as obnoxious.

First episode is usually specified flights on the first leg, but they often have several flights to choose from, all departing at different times and with a limited number of seats per flight. The challenge is to figure out which flight is going to get you there fastest and hope the flight isn't subsequently delayed.

Last edited:

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Rupert has not, to date, shown much ability to adapt to changing circumstances.
:cheer2:

;)

ETA I actually love those bitchy sisters. They are the ones in the matching pink tank tops, yes? If not, then I love those two whoever they may be. I don't generally go for the bitchy ones but those two crack me up.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Afghanimals rank right up there as one of my favorite teams/set of people I’ve seen on any reality show. They are hilarious and make everything fun. If I’m ever on the show 🙄, I would want them to come back yet again just so I could have the honor of racing against them.

Rupert wasn’t as annoying as I thought- yet, and I absolutely love Janelle and Brittany. I didn’t know if I would like this season but it seems like it’ll be better than the last few. I just hope it’s not the end of the show, seeing how long ago it was filmed.

BTW- I hope Colin shows a little crazy side. As ridiculous as he was in his first go-around, I miss some of those outbursts and temper-tantrums that we saw from at least one team each season in the early years.

love skating

Clueless American
I enjoyed it a lot more than I expected. No one is totally annoying me yet - even Rupert and wife - though they did have me face palming.... I don't see them getting too far. I love Corinne and Eliza too (they aren't sisters just Survivor sisters haha) but their planned "catty" comments had me laughing. I didn't really remember the guys who were eliminated so am not sad to see them go. I too noticed Shizuka in that clip! And I'm glad the show got pushed up and got a proper time slot after Survivor.

jamesy

delightful
I really wish Mr & Mrs Rupert got the first boot, but like Prancer said, he’s most likely going to take himself out soon.

I’m kind of embarrassed I don’t remember the team that got eliminated at all. :shuffle:

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
I actually love those bitchy sisters. They are the ones in the matching pink tank tops, yes? If not, then I love those two whoever they may be. I don't generally go for the bitchy ones but those two crack me up.

The girls in the pink T-shirts are Eliza and Corinne from Survivor. The sisters from Big Brother were in the fluorescent yellow sausage casings. The girls in lavender tank tops were friends from Big Brother.

Not sure which ones you meant :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information