Bellanca

The high of winning the Olympic Games and the subsequent media frenzy and attention that follows can really take a toll. I honestly was not too surprised to see this happen, just sad that it seemed somewhat predictable. A lesson learned.

Athletes do not have to compete in every single competition if they know they are not ready for prime-time, so to speak, better to take a break and come back fresh. Anyone who thought that this would be an easy win for Zag ... no way. Not after an exhilarating, but obviously exhausting Olympic Games. Also, consider the depth and talent of the ladies that did compete at this World Championships.

Alina needs to go home, rest, and look ahead to the next season. She has accomplished so much in a short amount of time. I say go hangout with the Akita for a little while
:) :dog: and don't sweat it.

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
I hope she sticks around and improves. I don't deny her technical prowess or her strategy to rack up points, I just don't find her "fully cooked". This result may be hard to shake. We will find out her mental toughness from here on out. She now goes out there proving her OGM was not a fluke. I hope she stays, improves, and fights like crazy but we have no idea if she has that in her. Only time will tell.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I hardly think it was a fluke. She competed in at least 8 competitions this season and won 7 of them. There isn't another skater who did the same and certainly not any of them on the podium today

Spun Silver

I really feel for Alina, she’s skated so well all season and I hate to see her so upset
Yeah... all of a sudden she looked young and small instead of golden and invincible. But almost everyone understands that she was simply exhausted and perhaps undertrained due to post-Olympic hoopla. Tomorrow she goes back to being the OGM. Hopefully they will let her have a vacation!

Former FS FAN

Predicted after the Olympics she would collect her World Champion title and ride off into the sunset. Sure will be interesting to see what happens next.

whiteskates

I felt so sorry for her when she kept falling and looked so sad. I hope someone can make her understand that she was simply exhausted after all these competitions and all the hype following winning Olympic gold. She is so young and it all became too much for her. She probably had very high demands on herself after winning every other competition.

Rina RUS

alexei.yagudin: We were risking to be late for our plane, yet we were watching and were anxious till the end! @azagitova, don't be upset!!! I know, that this season was difficult for you! Anyway you are the best in this season and you are the Olympic Champion!!!! You will have other Worlds in your life!!! We are with you
https://www.instagram.com/p/BgrnE1Dg2mF/

After the Olympics Alexei did an interview with Medvedeva, but in his instagram he answered to those who were saying Evgenia should have been the winner:

alexei.yagudin: NOOOO!!!!! Alina is #1!!! Olympic champion!!! End of conversation
alexei.yagudin: not just Evgenia deserved the title!!! All of the ladies deserved, but Alina was BETTER than the rest of the field

Rina RUS

Wait,TAT is saying Alina grew 3cm after the Os? I assume that's a joke?

I can't measure Alina. I'm amazed too. It doesn't seem to be a joke.
As far as I understand there was an interview with Zagitova (I didn't see it), where she said: "I grew" and "I just need to eat less"...

Spun Silver

As far as I understand there was an interview with Zagitova (I didn't see it), where she said: "I grew" and "I just need to eat less"...
That's more than an inch! It would certainly explain her jump troubles (even though exhaustion and OGM distractions were plenty of reason enough)!! But she has to eat!

mag

I know a few girls who have practically grown an inch over night when they were around 16 so it is not unheard of.

whiteskates

I hope that at least one of her programmes for next year is set to ballet music. She is such a cute little ballerina and I find myself watching her Olympic FP time and time again. I also have two friends who usually never watch figure skating saying that they loved watching her when I showed them my recording of her FP so apparently she appeals to non skating fans as well. So... more Zagitova ballet, please! :)

Bellanca

Interrupting, briefly, Zagitova fans, the Masaru watch ;) to post Alina's GP competition schedule in her cheer thread.

Alina’s GP assignments:

Finland, Nov. 2-4, 2018, Helsinki, Finland

Rostelecom Cup, Nov. 16-18, 2018, Moscow, Russia

Best of luck this season to Alina!

Sylvia

TBD
Re-posting from the "From Russia with love" thread:
Zagitova's Shiseido press-conf:
short version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTIomm5uifs
long version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmNWIZ0FCy4
In russian segment Zag says "she is grateful to her coach Eteri for introducing her to Shiseido in earlier years because these make up are easy and quick to use and to apply, which saves her time and makes her feel beautiful. She thanks Shiseido for choosing her and contributing to her skating".
Article: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...makeup-shiseido-revamp-targets-gen-y-shoppers
It’s also enlisting 16-year-old Russian figure skater and Olympic champion Alina Zagitova to help the company sell high-end beauty products. The skater will be the new face of Shiseido in marketing campaigns later this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information