Tinami Amori

Sorry, but this about not embarrassing themselves! Who are we kidding? These past champions might get humiliated with these new kids jumping like BEANS! :respec:
Miyahara, Tuk, Med, Chen...... are all competing... :D And not everyone stops competing because of "new generation".... Some people chose education and a different life... Or just burned-out, it is a full-time job to be an elite skater, and some want to "change jobs" or take a sabbatical.. :lol:

And Alina was not worried about "jumping beans"... Her situation is different.

Read Tanka's translation in Russian thread. Alina was not sure if she wanted to continue to skate right after the Olympics (1.5 years ago), before the Trus-Shcher-Kost were even in the picture as prospective competitors.

Alina had to be motivated by her team to skate at the last Worlds, and these 3 were not there.

She chose to compete in 2019 WC against Kihira who had 3A.

This season she also in spite of doubts and "don't wants" chose to compete with Trus-Shcher-Kost present.

Also....... there were no "jumping beans" around when Witt, Cohen, Asada, Wagner and other world and olympic medalists through time, realized that they can't keep up with younger skaters and left.. That's what happens. Young replace older, in all aspects of life.

"Older" should not be kept around artificially for "past accomplishments" and "Old World Seniority" principles.

Last edited:

mollymgr

Has Alina said what she is going to be doing next?
She definitely has the looks to be on TV. :lol:

Sylvia

TBD
Has Alina said what she is going to be doing next?
Her IG post/message includes an English version:
Following my latest TV appearance I am getting a lot of questions. For me Figure Skating is all about what I always worked for and continue working for since I was 4 years old. Forever I will be very grateful to my coaches for the tremendous job we have done and I am not planning either to stop or retire. I am still part of team Russia and still I can take part in international competitions for team Russia. I am continuing my figureskating way with the great support from my coaches ❤
She definitely has the looks to be on TV. :lol:
That's for sure! I hope she enjoys the many show opportunities she has coming up (including the prestigious Art on Ice in 4 Swiss cities in February 2020).

Just a friendly reminder that this is her fan/cheer thread & that there are at least 2 threads in GSD to discuss her announcement on Friday. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information