Alena Kostornaia appreciation thread

Tinami Amori

Wow, all that psychoanalysis based on 3 pictures? LOL
observations of many videos, interviews, live-stream IG and ask.ru pod-casts, and comments from other observers.. but..... you don't have to agree with me, those are my conclusions, and you might have another view of her.... :40beers:

muffinplus

observations of many videos, interviews, live-stream IG and ask.ru pod-casts, and comments from other observers.. but..... you don't have to agree with me, those are my conclusions, and you might have another view of her.... :40beers:

It just seemed liked you posted these pictures to illustrate a point?

Tinami Amori

It just seemed liked you posted these pictures to illustrate a point?
I sure did, to support my point, I think Alina has elements in her personality that may hold her back, not the first time i am saying this...... and if you don't see what i see, or know something different, i think a reasonable comment would be "i don't think so"... or "I see something different".. :D

muffinplus

I sure did, to support my point, I think Alina has elements in her personality that may hold her back, not the first time i am saying this...... and if you don't see what i see, or know something different, i think a reasonable comment would be "i don't think so"... or "I see something different".. :D

My comment is I don't see anything attention-seeking whatsoever from those pictures, what can you tell from them? they are normal pictures... what other specific pieces of information you referenced (even as an example)are you basing your opinion on?

Tinami Amori

My comment is I don't see anything attention-seeking whatsoever from those pictures, what can you tell from them? they are normal pictures... what other specific pieces of information you referenced (even as an example)are you basing your opinion on?
This is Alena's "fan page" and i am her fan, although have concerns and expressed them now and before. There is other material, from competitions, interviews, comments from Gleikh, and situations at the rink, but since it is a fan-page, there is not need to dig them up. If i had a chance to say a few words to Alina in private, i would.
Note that her Axel is her first element in both programs. Looks like she might be considering going for the 3A this season.
She absolutely plans to. She and her team said it on few occasions.

Last edited:

Madison25

This is Alina's "fan page" and i am her fan, although have concerns and expressed them now and before. There is other material, from competitions, interviews, comments from Gleikh, and situations at the rink, but since it is a fan-page, there is not need to dig them up. If i had a chance to say a few words to Alina in private, i would.

She absolutely plans to. She and her team said it on few occasions.
Are you talking about Alena or Alina?
To me, Alena looks like a normal teen, I see that she's ambitious and eager to achieve results. From her ask, I can say that she's really smart and playful. I don't see something worrying about her or not normal for a professional athlete of her age.

Tinami Amori

Are you talking about Alena or Alina?
To me, Alena looks like a normal teen, I see that she's ambitious and eager to achieve results. From her ask, I can say that she's really smart and playful. I don't see something worrying about her or not normal for a professional athlete of her age.
Alena! sorry! thanks for noticing.

WillyElliot

Tanning one day, then wearing a winter coat today.
I lurve Alena's skating! Everything is so controlled and near perfect in her skating. Russia has an embarassment of riches with their ladies' skaters. It is hard to say who I like the most! I tend to like Shcherbakova the most, but I get a Sasha Cohen vibe with her, meaning future heartbreak... Trusova has amazing jumps and is a fearless competitor. I also really like Gubanova and Tarakanova too. Too bad they are all competing for three spots for major competitions...

I hope Alena continues her amazing progress, because if she does compete with 3axel and 4toe, I think she will be unbeatable. I can not see a single flaw in her skating. So good luck to Alena this season!

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Thank you so much for the links. Alena is absolutely Heaven on Ice. Sublime. I don't even categorize what she is doing.............it is not "just footwork" it is enchanting. It is not "here comes a jump"......a jump just appears organically as she skates. I may just watch her forever.

Tinami Amori

If anyone is concerned, Alena is not in danger of starving and being unhealthy.
Here is a short video of a girl, a fellow skater @ Kristalyni Rink, describing Alena’s breakfast at the rink’s cafeteria… :D
  • The Girl: I usually don fress at all (don’t eat)….. But, heck! Kostornya! holly shit! So, here I am sitting at breakfast, just drinking coffee. And then she (Alena) comes.. with 4 pancakes, a jar of honey, downs it all, then takes bunch of sausages, and an omelette…. I ask her how can you fit it all in? and she says “I am not pigging out, I just have lots of space”.. :D
https://www.instagram.com/p/BfpniWPHqNq/?taken-by=gniloefk

alj5

I love her. I fell in love last year, and love her even more this year. :cheer:

Marco

Absolutely beautiful. Pure jump landings and held field moves throughout the program. I am so glad she won over Trusova (albeit barely) on GOEs and PCS.

Amantide

A question, is it Alena or Alyona. I'm hearing and reading both and I'm confused. :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information