Adelina Sotnikova uber thread

Nomad

Celebrity cheese-monger
^ Makarova won Russian Nats in 2010 and never made the podium again. Unless you're thinking of Doronina's back-to-back titles in 2007 and 2008.

kwanoverrated

Banned Member
Dorinina as 2 time RUS champ? Those were sure the dark days for Russian women. I bet Piseev was begging Slutskaya to come back at that point. Thank goodness for Russian skating fans the her mid 90s born babies emerged all at once by some Christmas miracle.

What was Dorinina's best result at worlds btw?

kwanoverrated

Banned Member
BTW I fully expect Sotnikova to compete at worlds. Now with Julia and Anna both doing poorly at Nationals, giving her a bye will be all the easier. Should she skate and in great shape she has an awesome shot of winning too. Unless she chooses to heel her injury which would probably be wiser, but somehow I doubt she will. She seems very headstrong, and would probably risk a further bad injury just to skate and try to win.

I would even give her 40% chance to do Europeans.

DobrinFan

Adelina Sotnikova: prepare for the European Championships will probably not have time
07.01.2015 15:18:01 | Figure skating | News

Olympic figure skating champion Adelina Sotnikova continues to recover from a foot injury, because of which missed the first half of the season. To learn how to go now training Adelina Sotnikova, told the portal TEAM RUSSIA-2014 Catherine Borisenkova.

- Training is going slowly, because I do not want to force the load and do not repeat the mistakes that have been before me, when I twisted my ankle a few days and not riding - said Adelina Sotnikova. - I'm not in a hurry, I will gradually recover. While I am not ready to skate programs, because not yet perform the jumps that are needed. Yes and leg aches, so to think and plan do not want anything. Rather, the plan will be something for myself, but I will not advertise this.

- What is now doing more in training?
- the rolling, slide, do PFD, choreography, doing some elements trying to perform jump elements. Gradually gaining shape.

- With regard to the European Championship, then, we can say it is not worth the foreground?
- Rather no than yes, because I'm afraid that in such a short period will not have time, and do not want to overload the leg to hurt her again .

- Are there any plans for performances in other tournaments?
- I do not want to think. Who strive to make to recover your items to restore all lost during this time, and then we will decide. So far, about something I do not want to think. Rather, I have a goal to which I aspire, but to talk about it will not.

itoaxel

Banned Member
She is wise to wait for worlds (and even then only skate if ready). No need to push herself for Europeans still hurt. Waiting to worlds gives her another over 2 months to both heal and prepare. A large amount of time.

Nomad

Celebrity cheese-monger
Dorinina as 2 time RUS champ? Those were sure the dark days for Russian women. I bet Piseev was begging Slutskaya to come back at that point. Thank goodness for Russian skating fans the her mid 90s born babies emerged all at once by some Christmas miracle.

What was Dorinina's best result at worlds btw?

17th in 2008, her only trip to World's.

Sasha'sSpins

🇺🇦💙🙏💛🇺🇦
Thank you for the article DobrinFan! I think it looks more and more like Adelina will not make it to Worlds this year. It's a shame if she doesn't go but I much prefer that she takes her recovery slowly and not risk re-injuring herself. I hope she comes back even stronger next season!

kwanoverrated

Banned Member
Sotnikova's coach had already ruled out Europeans so there would be no point for her to do a meaningless test skate and risk injury for nothing. She will save herself until near worlds, just in case she can skate there (I doubt she will even skate there, but there is no point pushing herself hard until worlds get close if she sees it a feasible option by then).

DobrinFan

Gooogle translated :shuffle:

Adelina Sotnikova: I'm not a coward, to feign injury

13:29 the first in the history of Russia, Olympic champion in women's single skating in an interview with Metro told how her life changed after the victory and how it relates to criticism of enemies
We met on a day when the School of figure skating CSKA, which brought the champion, was named after Stanislav Zhuk. After the ceremony it among other students addressed the guests by showing a new piece of free software under song Lara Fabian Je suis malade. Adeline looked great on the ice, though her injury seemed to be more worried about.

Today we remembered the great coach. You have already had experience of teaching children. What is the Adelina Sotnikova in the role of a coach?
This need to ask pupils. Train-superstitions. Wish that athletes have achieved something. I was a little, but still try to maintain relationships, to help at least somewhat.

Take the example of Helen Her? (Buânovoj-coach Adelina Sotnikovoj.)
Mostly with her and take the sample. Because it was me. And I'm trying to those skills that she gave me, share it with other students.

As the process of recovery from injury?
Still very unclear. Quietly, the restless, the sore foot, then no.

During the demonstration you didn't intend to hire jumping or have felt that not all choir sho with foot?
Everything somehow spontaneously. I wish I would have skated, I am kind of OK, but during the demonstration performances again switched to head up: "all of a sudden that?" I have, apparently, the instinct of self-preservation is activated and it turns out so. Still can't get used to.

You regret that did not have time to recover for the European Championships?
Now I have no regrets. Don't see the point, because the most important thing right now is my health.

All discussed and not always kindly, will get you a seat at this Championship. How to treat such a number of negatives?
It's not very nice. I'm trying to be good to all, and so, apparently, do not need. For someone is going bad. I now understand that if open strongly to people and giving them more opportunities to get to know yourself, then this is not good for me. So I am now no longer want to talk about, what are my plans because then there will be again a hype. The yellow press still exists, and it reverses everything so as not to need.

Personally, I was wonder why at the stage of the Grand Prix in Moscow that you missed, some like to you see almost to make sure that the plaster there is actually.
It's some bluntness. I'm not to the point, how they think, are cowardly, to feign some sort of injury. Because if simulated, it is actually then be it. Many times this is checked. May God give health to everyone who thinks I'm some kind of not. I know, what I really, and my family knows, and the others let them say what they want.

After Sochi you now need to think about every act and Word ...
On the one hand, it's even good, because you start to think, not to say and do things spontaneously. If something is noticed, that now are going to notice. This is probably good, because change itself. You start to follow a more because you'll not do not nakrašennaâ and not dressed in a decent place. Before, nobody knew, and now know, try to take with you an example, so I want to show themselves only with the best hand.

You were told that dreamed as a child that you visited somewhere and there all know who this Adelina Sotnikova. After the Olympics happened, that you don't know?
To be honest, I have, on the one hand, even glad that not everyone will learn. Because such close attention, it turns out that neither in the Cafe did not sit well, and nowhere to sit properly.

All around, asking for autographs and take pictures?
This was not. But who is fit and ask, can I take a picture and autograph. Of course, I allow, because I did a public personality. Yes me and happy that I have learned.

After the Olympics the number of your subscribers in social networks has increased dramatically. You still manage to meet and on the good, and the bad?
"Vkontakte" I closed the page, and try to meet the fans, Instagram when I think fit. I read all the comments that I write. Trying to figure out who that thinks and maybe even somewhere with someone agree.

Are you upset because of the nasty comments?
No, I'm trying to close the eye. Because so much of it was unpleasant to me, that this is trivia.

People pay attention, that you sometimes attend social events.
I do not go to the secular parties. It was only at events where I voted in the nomination "the best sportsman of the year".

Since the Olympics was held for almost a year. What is the most striking impression remember?
I often remember those emotions and working my way through my program. Most important, of course, when I skated long program. I had such emotion ... and, of course, very vivid memory, when received a medal.

Last edited:

FlyingDutchman

Working on spins and working the crowd in pro shows/exhibitions (where you can let your hair down) will be a great way to prepare for next season. Athletic bod certainly still there.

kwanatic

Apart from the ending, Which might take a while getting used to, I really like this.

Lol! I know, I don't like that ending either. Though to be fair, I think that's just her exhibition ending to the program. The ending for her competitive program was at center ice and involved no running. :lol:

DobrinFan

I personally like all the endings :D And I hope she keeps this program if she competes next season, it seems to suit her much better than anything before. Not only that but it seems like a good vehicle for her to really work on her artistic side!

Cherub721

YEAH!
I loved him on the US version. He is soooooooo hot and I was sorry they didn't ask him back. They look REALLY good together. DobrinFan, do you know when the season debuts?

DobrinFan

I loved him on the US version. He is soooooooo hot and I was sorry they didn't ask him back. They look REALLY good together. DobrinFan, do you know when the season debuts?

Nope, but trust me, I will post the videos as soon as they are posted :D

While we wait, here's a promo ad: http://youtu.be/5IUXZZSfqpM

Adelina looks pretty. Attitude already fierce ;)

rosewood

MTT Meter= 177
That promo video is hilarious. :D I've always enjoyed skaters' appearances on DWTS after Olys seasons.
Go Adelina! Dance to Je Suis Malade at the final. ;) :cheer:

rfisher

Let the skating begin
My, but don't they bring the pretty. If the Russian version pays as much as the US version, there is quite a lot of money she can make while she stays in shape and works on her carriage and dance moves.

Mayra

My, but don't they bring the pretty. If the Russian version pays as much as the US version, there is quite a lot of money she can make while she stays in shape and works on her carriage and dance moves.
I think this can only help her presentation on the ice. I Can't wait to see videos of her on this and ultimately how it translates for her next season on the ice.
:cheer2:

DobrinFan

Today Sochi is celebrating its one year anniversary. In recognition, there is an ice show featuring amongst others Adelina (video will be posted later). Here is a mini feature on the skaters https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GA8gHiw8lww Adelina's part starts at 2:10

Some pictures:
http://instagram.com/p/yyrJ_1NVno/
http://instagram.com/p/yzKrV0NVgh/
http://instagram.com/p/yzQOTenWc7/ http://m.vk.com/wall-13866659_14915
http://instagram.com/p/yzcYVOIzPz/?modal=true
http://m.vk.com/photos-13866659?z=photo-13866659_353704355/photos-13866659
http://m.vk.com/photos-13866659?z=photo-13866659_353704365/photos-13866659
http://m.vk.com/photos-13866659?z=photo-13866659_353704390/photos-13866659
http://m.vk.com/photos-13866659?z=photo-13866659_353737854/photos-13866659
http://m.vk.com/photos-13866659?z=photo-13866659_353737857/photos-13866659
http://m.vk.com/photos-13866659?z=photo-13866659_353738255/photos-13866659
http://m.vk.com/photos-13866659?z=photo-13866659_353738258/photos-13866659

Interview on talk show Ivan Urgant (Russian) http://youtu.be/tvcFfz3USas

Interview: Year after Sochi. Adelina Sotnikova, "You just need to temporarily switch to another channel"
http://www.olympic.ru/news/sochi-20...sego-lish-vremenno-pereklyuchitsia-na-drugoy/

In anticipation of the celebration of winter sports, dedicated to the anniversary of the opening of the XXII Olympic Winter Games, the ROC Information Service offers you an interview with the owner of Russia's first gold medal of the Games in Sochi in the individual competition, figure skater Adelina Sotnikova.

- In Sochi you rode only for victory? Another result would be considered a failure?

- You will not believe, but the Olympic Games in Sochi, I was sent with a single thought - good to skate the short and long programs - more thought did not exist. I do not think that will win an Olympic medal. Of course, the desire to win is always sitting in the head, but in order to achieve a result, it is better this stream of consciousness immediately disconnect. If I thought about the opposition, it is likely, I would have had a normal brain explosion (laughs). So I tried to compete with myself, because I knew that I could run the program well, without error, and show everything that is capable of.

- Remember the first impression when I came victory?

- My gold medal - is, first of all, the victory of my parents, coaches and everyone who supported me. Since childhood, mom, dad and coaches every day to give me and my classes a lot of attention, encouraging, and gave power to make sure I was a step towards its goal.

Understanding that gold in my pocket, it was not until the very last moment, until the announced assessment of all rivals. And when it became clear that I was the first on the sum of the two programs, incredible emotion, of course, they were. Literally overwhelmed me with extraordinary force. I can not even find the words to describe what I experienced. Inside, as if everything boils, incredible energy bursting through, and at the same time incredibly difficult to stand upright. In general, it is very pleasant and nothing on similar feeling. Great fortune to experience it at least once in their lives.

- So, perhaps, in those moments of happiness and tears happen?

- Tears of happiness I had after the short program, as I skated it clean. And then, when finally everything fell into place, I clung to the coach and just sobbed. Many times to revise their performance. I really wanted to re-think their feelings and plunge into the incredible flood of emotions that simply "hit the key." And whenever I watched the rolling, always goosebumps.

- Remember, from whom came the first greetings over the phone?

- Telephone I picked up after 2 hours after the event, because at first it was immediately rewarding, then an interview. In general, it seemed that the time comes as something different. When I saw my phone - there were so many calls and messages, that it was simply impossible to understand, who congratulated the first and who hundredths.

- You return to Sochi, a year after the triumph at the Olympic Games. There is no easy deja vu?

- Now return to Sochi for me will be very exciting. Athletes adrenaline is released, probably like no one else, because even a year after the opening ceremony of the Olympic Games and the feeling of a grand celebration of one of the most important events in life does not leave me until now. I think we will test again a flurry of emotions, but this extremely nice because those moments you want to experience again and again.

- How did the idea for the annual celebration of winter sports?

- It seems to me that the idea of a holiday called "Day of Winter Sports" will be a great success. For each athlete the Olympics - an event akin to the other life, unlike everyday. We overcome himself and to do your best, showing all that capable. I am confident that the annual celebration of the "Day of Winter Sports" further unite the people of our country around the history of sports victories.

- Tell us a few words about the project, which is now involved in?

- The "Dancing with the stars" really interesting and very unusual for me. Parquet, partner - with all that I encounter every day for the first time and discovering something new. Since I can not now take part in the competition due to injury, found it possible to add variety to your life and decided to participate in the project. For me it's a big plus. As doctors say, it is very important that developed ankle - here no fear not. Upon returning to the ice this will avoid discomfort in jumping. Heels I do not dance, there is a limit, because it more likely aggravate the injury. Plus, the project allows to reveal themselves, experience new emotions. And it's really interesting.

- It is symbolic that you, like your coach, won their first victory in the national championship in 12 years. How do you refer to such a coincidence?

- When I heard Elena Germanovna (Buyanova - approx.) Became the champion of the USSR in 12 years, and at this age, I also won the first gold medal of the national championship, of course, saw this as a kind of symbolism. Just at that moment I had a great desire to speak at international competitions, show themselves not only in Russia. I think that between me and Elena Germanovna still have some inexplicable bond - a feeling sometimes really helps.

- After winning the 2009 Championship of Russia among juniors you promised Vladimir Putin to win the Olympic Games. Kept his word and has won the most prestigious award, which can give a promise to his fans now?

- Now I can promise that will definitely be back on the ice. And I will do everything possible to make it happen as soon as possible. God forbid that the ankle quickly came back to normal. Figuratively speaking, until I need to temporarily "switch to another channel" that immediately after the "complete prevention" back on.

Last edited:

RockTheTassel

I love that uberdramatik ending :drama:.
Unfortunately, I started reading the comments below the clip. I wish I hadn't done it...

I can't believe people act so harshly towards her. She's injured, of course she's not in Olympic form! I'm not even an Adelina fan (just wandering around in her thread for fun), but I feel inclined to root for her simply because of all she's faced over the past year.

She actually looked better in the video than I expected. No jumps, but the spins looked good and I love the spirals. That charlotte! :swoon:

ToFarAwayTimes

All of Adelina's news saddens me. I mean I guess she will always have Russians on her side, but if she had just won the proper medal last year her support would be more universal. There would be no doubts or controversy about her, and she could have maybe won GP this season and been world champion next month. None of it is her fault and she can't be criticized, but shame on crooked grown adults who did a great disservice to her career and put her in a situation where she will face these questions her whole life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information