Adelina Sotnikova uber thread

DobrinFan

New Interview; google translated :summer: Nice pics included!

Skater Adelina Sotnikova: "I want to try yourself as a fashion designer"

Athlete, smart, beautiful - so you can describe the 18-year-old Olympic champion in figure skating Adelina Sotnikova. Woman interested not just one ice: athlete told us in an interview that she wants to try his hand in a variety of creative fields. That is why Sotnikov agreed to participate in the TV show "Dancing with the Stars," a charity mission is to actively support the "Lady Mail.Ru».

- Adeline, tell us how you became a member of the TV project "Dancing with the Stars"?

- When I was asked to participate in the "Dance", at first I did not even know whether or not to accept. I then bad leg, and I was not sure I could dance in high heels. However, the producers said that it will be possible to speak in flat shoes. I calmed down and decided to try it. Especially, the competition allows me to reveal myself in something new. And I love to dance.

- You knew in advance that the season of "Dancing with the Stars," in which you choose to participate, will be devoted to charity?

- Yes, we were immediately told about this. This fact has pushed me even more to ensure that consent to participate in the project, because through it we can help charitable foundations - and, consequently, children with various diseases. The list includes charities and fund Chulpan Khamatova "Give Life", as he had once been very helpful to my family. Now I had the opportunity to thank the "Give Life", and I am very pleased.

Of course, now very tired, because you have to combine training with exercises on the floor on the ice. Also, I see that my partner Gleb (Gleb Savchenko - choreographer, dancer and partner Adeline on "Dancing with the Stars." - Approx. Ed.) , too, sometimes have a hard time: he's all he should first think, and then another and teach me. But I'm still glad that agreed to participate.

- You Gleb immediately found a common language?

- Our meeting took place at the first training session in the ballroom. We immediately started to actively rehearse so that the time for simple human interaction to do. It was only two weeks of training, we finally started to get to know each other not only on the dance floor, but also in everyday life. As a friend he was a wonderful person. Now I perceive it as a brother already.

- During rehearsals Gleb can put pressure on you to get to work out some kind of movement?

- Yes of course. This, I think, at all happens. Usually, such situations arise when very tired. In addition, we do not always arrive at a rehearsal in a good mood.

But it does happen that I myself pointing Gleb on the mistakes he makes during the supports. I'm periodically watched as our work on the ice couple memorize.

- The main purpose of your participation in the show - it's win or enjoyment?

- Of course, there is a desire to win. First of all, however, I have been involved for pleasure. And in order to learn something new. Partially - and even to a little switch with its core business and rest.

- Do not think about how to begin to act in the pairs figure skating and in the sport to compete for Olympic gold?

- Honestly, after I started to participate in the "Dance", many advised me to do pair skating. This is certainly an interesting idea, but so far no such desire. At the moment, I and skating well.

- In your opinion, paired work harder or easier?

- I can not say that heavier. If there is a mutual understanding with your partner, then it's easy. It is understood that there may be an argument - without them nowhere. But you know, one sometimes even heavier than steam.

- Never thought than you might still be engaged, if not go into figure skating?

- I always figure skating and just did not have time to switch to something else. I had only one moment in childhood when I chose to further employment - on the scales were figure skating and gymnastics. After this long time I did not think that I can start doing something else.

However, when I won the Olympics, I was invited to various programs and activities.And I began to think that I could sing and dance, and a lot more other things to do. I am glad that I have, which seeks and what to want.

- On what basis you agree to participate in various projects?

- If I actively train and get ready for some competition, usually refuse any project - even those that are very popular. But if I have free time, and I offered to take part in something interesting - why not? After the ride finished, will definitely be around even more involved.

Now here I had the time, I was able to go on "Dancing with the Stars." Prior to that offered a ride in the "Ice Age", but I refused - was preparing for a competition. Although to get on the show, in fact, wanted since childhood. It is a pity that we had to give up, but I think everything in our life happens for a reason.

- What do you like most to do from what you have already tried?

- While everyone likes to allocate some one lesson I can not. As I said, I think I could even sing. However, this requires time - you need to take singing lessons to reach the required skill.

And yet, for example, in one of his speeches in the "Dancing with the Stars," I read the poems of Pushkin. It was pretty difficult to do it beautifully. But, thanks to one man, I was able to read the poem so that even the producers of the show were surprised ...

- There was no desire to build your brand and do business, as do many athletes?

- Honestly, I and my manager has already discussed this topic. Decided that we would produce sportswear under its own brand. So far everything is still under development, but I think for a long time on this subject. Really want to try yourself as a fashion designer.

First, of course, plan to create a collection of clothes for figure skating. By myself I know that sometimes it is very difficult to choose the right costume for performances.For example, skaters always a problem with shorts: they must be of a certain color, a nice sit - not complete, not constrain movement - and so on.

I also want to create and produce clothing not only for athletes but also for ordinary people - one in which it will be possible, conditionally, to walk down the street. My dream is to do something interesting, not like at all. But understand that this is a difficult task.

- You practice of a certain style of clothing?

- All depends on my mood. Usually I like to walk in torn jeans, jackets free, a leather jacket and a purse. There are times when I want to spend the office lady. Then I put on a blouse with a skirt or trousers. Still happens to go to some event in dresses.

If we talk about the brand of clothing, I prefer the mass-market. Even abroad usually buy things in chain stores, because they always have something that does not exist in Russia. Actually, I think, expensive and should only be branded handbags and shoes, because often it refers to the quality and convenience.

- Do you have any hobbies?

- I tried to do a lot of things. Tried to knit - and something even worked. For a while, trying to read a little more, but in the end came after exercise, read a page and fell asleep with a book. Still trying to draw. I remember, I bought a regular album and mood sketch what you want. In addition, for a while embroidering.

But all this did not fit into my schedule, so I was never able to achieve a decent level in any case. At some point, I light up, began actively to create, and then the desire disappears and I am more to this hobby did not return.

Now I have no free time. Every day - training on the ice and on the floor. Usually it endshours at eleven at night, and I come home only to midnight. While doing some of his things, it turns out that even three hours. And in the morning - again training.

- The nature of the winner - the result of upbringing or inborn trait?

- I think it all depends on how you have brought up by parents. My parents have always set a good example. I saw that Mom and Dad are trying to never give up and do everything in their power - even in the most difficult situations. Looking at it, I also wanted to do something and do something to help.

Of course, a good example to me is my sister, who never gives up (sister of Mary Adeline birth seriously ill, she had problems with hearing, speech, facial bones. - Approx. Ed.). I just do not have the right to be weaker than her, because I'm older. I have to show my sister only to their strengths, to look at me, she, too, has always been strong.

- What do you get your strength?

- First of all, I really like my job. I think if you do not love what you do, no one's example will not help you. Perhaps that is why I always want to work to improve and make people happy with their success. Of course, the athletes can, for example, sick stomach. When this happens in training, give me a load smaller - but absolutely nobody cancels. If the event takes place, I would say about his ailment, but still have to pull together and act - no one did for me there will be nothing to cancel. There are different situations, but I still try not to turn a blind eye to the pain, because the main thing for me - health. If it will not, I can not do what figure skating.

- How easy is it to you in life are the successes?

- Maybe the part it seems that they are easy, but actually it is not. I really envy people who have little work, but get everything they need. I also have to put a lot for this effort.Constantly have to sweat perebaryvat yourself cry. Victory is given with love to my business and labor, which I put.

- You would like something a change?

- Removed a little lazy. I often want to do something for the soul after workouts. But usually I refer to fatigue and do nothing - and then regret it. It would be great to always be enthusiastic, want something useful to teach, to learn and to do. I also would like to finish by the end of everything. For example, all the time I think we should pull up your English, but always lazy and think about it only when there is a need to use the knowledge in practice.

Honestly, I know English is not very good. Beginning to learn the language as early as six years old, but the study did not last long, because soon I transferred to a sports school, and it was not before. I was able to learn English and achieve good conversational level only when I started to travel a lot to different competitions and to communicate with foreign athletes. Many colleagues tell us that we were able to learn English through constant travel and temporary residence abroad. I'm still only at this and hope.

- With such a busy schedule and lifestyle you managed to find a real friend?

- Yes, I have friends like that at any moment can come to me and support. With two friends from school communicate with them I'm still very close, I can trust them. Still have a friend who came into my life just six months ago, but I soon realized that this man would help me if need be.

Another friend of mine is already quite mature, but we do it anyway interesting. It really helps me sometimes.

I am very grateful to them all for what they put me and my moods, which sometimes arise because of fatigue.

- And from the world of show business you are with someone already become friends?

- Recently I was invited to participate in the project by Anna Shulgina "Give a chance to dream." When I met with Anna, she realized that she wanted to continue to communicate with her and make friends. It is a very positive and cheerful person with positive energy, that spirit is very close to me. All the problems just closes his eyes and passes with a smile. It's nice when people can inspire you.

- You can be a vacation, a rest from training?

- Leave us once a year, always before taxes - in May. I usually at this time with his family go to the sea. I do not like to fly far, so often opt for Turkey or Greece. For me the main thing - that was the salt sea, which gives strength, and the beach. However, for a long time on the sand, I can not lie, so usually play volleyball. Excursions also choose only the active and extreme - for example, rafting or safari. And the ones where you just talk about the sights, I do not go, there is usually boring. Rarely come across guides who can be interested in your speech.

- During trips abroad fails to explore the city in which you reside?

- We rarely see something. Typically when traveling we go only exercise, sleep, and competition. And then we are leaving ... But, of all the cities in which I was able to see something, most memorable and loved Paris. Last year we were there for the Grand Prix. Then we Pogoriloy Anna (Anna Pogorilaya - skater. - Approx. Ed.) the night went to see the Eiffel Tower, because the other was not. When we arrived, the tower lit up and began to sparkle lights. I caught myself thinking that will definitely be back in Paris, take a walk around the city and get acquainted with its attractions. And I realized his wish - last year we with her sister and her mother went to the French capital.

- Constant need to move you because of work or a child?

- Parents were told that as a child I was very energetic. Never sat still, constantly running around somewhere, doing something. But in general, of course, the profession makes itself felt. You get used to keep moving, and you become hard to sit in one place. Although sometimes I want to lie down on the couch.

- You have not thought about a romantic relationship?

- I do not get hung up on this, and I believe that I have at the time certainly will be someone worthy. Until I met a man who would make me so hooked that I realized: here it is - my happiness. Of course, I do not deny that, like any girl, I sometimes have some sympathy, but they usually do not end anything. I once had an unrequited love ... That boy I really liked! I even wrote to him first - despite the stereotype that the girl should not take the initiative. I was not important who and what to think. He always answered, and sometimes even wrote first. His messages enhances the mood for the whole day.But over time, as a matter of over.

- What physical activities are present in your schedule - in addition to professional training?

- I always do in the gym so-called general physical preparation. This complex includes different strength exercises. But in the pool I do not go, we do not advise him to visit.Also, my schedule is necessarily present choreography - without it anywhere. And before each workout I always workout that helps prepare the body for stress.

- Do you ever having those extra pounds? If yes, how do you get rid of them?

- I just stopped eating. If I need to lose weight, I only allow myself to breakfast, and then, during the day, just drink tea or coffee. I do not call to follow my example, because all organisms are different, but for me it is a food option. With this mode, I feel good and I never have any weakness or dizziness. I also realized that I forget about food makes good mood.

In general, if I do not need to lose weight, I try to just stick to a healthy diet. Sometimes, I want some nasty things to eat something, but I try to restrain myself. Although there are times when you think, "Yeah, okay, nothing terrible will happen if eat more."However, then I put on sneakers and go running. (laughs)

- What now dream?

- At the moment I very much wanted me to have more health. I was faced with the fact that if you do not have health, you have nothing. And everything else, it seems to me, is already in the hands of the man himself.

- You like to be known and recognized?

- I like it nice because I always wanted to be known throughout the world as a good skater. I worked hard for this and I work. In addition, I now do not always know which is also a plus. When do you all know, we have many ways to limit myself. To me it is not difficult, because I'm pretty disciplined person, but some discomfort in such situations still occur. And so, I am very pleased when approached and asked whether I Adelina Sotnikova.

- What would you wish our readers?

- First of all I want to wish them good health. And yet - that they have always had the goal to which we can strive. I wish you never give up, even if they fall. Must constantly perebaryvat yourself to achieve your goal.

Still want to have more people around the good and positive. I also wish to pass the envious and evil people, because now there are so many.

DobrinFan

Adelina Sotnikova on DWTS Spring 2015

Here is a complete playlist of all dances in HD!!! https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLso36kRJ5TzUf8HuuvW-cZiIZ5GUMTZIz

All dances includes practice footage and judging:

Contemporary (English Subs) Sevara Nazarkhan "There's no me"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJvzTyIK98o&index=1&list=PLso36kRJ5TzUf8HuuvW-cZiIZ5GUMTZIz

ChaChaCha Duffy "Mercy"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xBgj2qDxvI&index=2&list=PLso36kRJ5TzUf8HuuvW-cZiIZ5GUMTZIz

Foxtrot Frank Sinatra "Hello Dolly"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLm-Bn-x-qk&index=3&list=PLso36kRJ5TzUf8HuuvW-cZiIZ5GUMTZIz

Samba Elka "Provans"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhVJm01_ocU&index=4&list=PLso36kRJ5TzUf8HuuvW-cZiIZ5GUMTZIz

Waltz John Cranko ballet "Onegin"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNQb1oFeJTI&index=5&list=PLso36kRJ5TzUf8HuuvW-cZiIZ5GUMTZIz

Rumba Whitney Houston "I Will Always Love You"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZt2HlrUCC0&index=6&list=PLso36kRJ5TzUf8HuuvW-cZiIZ5GUMTZIz

Argentine Tango Nathan Lanier "Torn"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djqblYWOfLE&index=7&list=PLso36kRJ5TzUf8HuuvW-cZiIZ5GUMTZIz

Jive Bruno Mars "Runaway Baby"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOLldOt8z60&index=8&list=PLso36kRJ5TzUf8HuuvW-cZiIZ5GUMTZIz

Quarterfinals Hip-hop MCHammer "Can't Touch This"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZwiCaCAPl0&index=10&list=PLso36kRJ5TzUf8HuuvW-cZiIZ5GUMTZIz

Semi-finals Lyrical Freestyle Alla Pugacheva "Love is Like a Dream"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdrH2zGdtKg&index=11&list=PLso36kRJ5TzUf8HuuvW-cZiIZ5GUMTZIz

Finals
Dance 1: Yablochko "Russian Sailor Dance" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAdf2oAtVWg&index=12&list=PLso36kRJ5TzUf8HuuvW-cZiIZ5GUMTZIz

Dance 2: Paso Doble ESPostumus "Unstoppable"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MW68g_laHrA&index=13&list=PLso36kRJ5TzUf8HuuvW-cZiIZ5GUMTZIz

Extras
Adelina, Gleb, Agnia playing twister https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7Ej...-cZiIZ5GUMTZIz
Adelina presented with the People's Choice Award +Finalist montage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZWquRtUf6s&index=14&list=PLso36kRJ5TzUf8HuuvW-cZiIZ5GUMTZIz
Final results https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XrFXd4YHr8&index=15&list=PLso36kRJ5TzUf8HuuvW-cZiIZ5GUMTZIz

Congratulations Adelina and Gleb on your 2nd place, you are WINNERS in all the hearts of your fans!!! :cheer2:

ETA: music selections

Last edited:

DobrinFan

Would love to know which dance is your favorite? And which style would you like to see her perform on ice?

Mine is the Samba followed very closely by the Jive. I love me some upbeat/happy go lucky Adelina!!! Also enjoyed her ChaChaCha for this very reason but it's the Samba/Jive I watch the most. Would die if we get one of these styles on the ice :drama: Well maybe not the Jive, that would be kinda hard to do as a skating program :lol:

AnaBM

Adelina Sotnikova on DWTS Spring 2015

Here is a complete playlist of all dances in HD!!! https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLso36kRJ5TzUf8HuuvW-cZiIZ5GUMTZIz

All dances includes practice footage and judging:

Contemporary (English Subs) Sevara Nazarkhan "There's no me"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJvzTyIK98o&index=1&list=PLso36kRJ5TzUf8HuuvW-cZiIZ5GUMTZIz

ChaChaCha Duffy "Mercy"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xBgj2qDxvI&index=2&list=PLso36kRJ5TzUf8HuuvW-cZiIZ5GUMTZIz

Foxtrot Frank Sinatra "Hello Dolly"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLm-Bn-x-qk&index=3&list=PLso36kRJ5TzUf8HuuvW-cZiIZ5GUMTZIz

Samba Elka "Provans"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhVJm01_ocU&index=4&list=PLso36kRJ5TzUf8HuuvW-cZiIZ5GUMTZIz

Waltz John Cranko ballet "Onegin"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNQb1oFeJTI&index=5&list=PLso36kRJ5TzUf8HuuvW-cZiIZ5GUMTZIz

Rumba Whitney Houston "I Will Always Love You"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZt2HlrUCC0&index=6&list=PLso36kRJ5TzUf8HuuvW-cZiIZ5GUMTZIz

Argentine Tango Nathan Lanier "Torn"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djqblYWOfLE&index=7&list=PLso36kRJ5TzUf8HuuvW-cZiIZ5GUMTZIz

Jive Bruno Mars "Runaway Baby"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOLldOt8z60&index=8&list=PLso36kRJ5TzUf8HuuvW-cZiIZ5GUMTZIz

Quarterfinals Hip-hop MCHammer "Can't Touch This"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZwiCaCAPl0&index=10&list=PLso36kRJ5TzUf8HuuvW-cZiIZ5GUMTZIz

Semi-finals Lyrical Freestyle Alla Pugacheva "Love is Like a Dream"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdrH2zGdtKg&index=11&list=PLso36kRJ5TzUf8HuuvW-cZiIZ5GUMTZIz

Finals
Dance 1: Yablochko "Russian Sailor Dance" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAdf2oAtVWg&index=12&list=PLso36kRJ5TzUf8HuuvW-cZiIZ5GUMTZIz

Dance 2: Paso Doble ESPostumus "Unstoppable"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MW68g_laHrA&index=13&list=PLso36kRJ5TzUf8HuuvW-cZiIZ5GUMTZIz

Extras
Adelina, Gleb, Agnia playing twister https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7Ej...-cZiIZ5GUMTZIz
Adelina presented with the People's Choice Award +Finalist montage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZWquRtUf6s&index=14&list=PLso36kRJ5TzUf8HuuvW-cZiIZ5GUMTZIz
Final results https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XrFXd4YHr8&index=15&list=PLso36kRJ5TzUf8HuuvW-cZiIZ5GUMTZIz

Congratulations Adelina and Gleb on your 2nd place, you are WINNERS in all the hearts of your fans!!! :cheer2:

ETA: music selections
DobrinFan just let me say thank you so much for posting all this links, and in general for keeping us updated with the show and results. For some of us it was super hard to find out what was going on and you definitely made it much easier. I haven't seen all the dances (I'm a desperate fan and I prefer watching all at once that wait days ;)) but once I finish my marathon I'll surely let you know wich one is my favorite.

Thanks again, and I can't wait to see Adelina next season, with this experience I'm sure she will amaze :cheer2:.

DobrinFan

Sotnikov will begin preparations for the new season in June
http://www.sports.ru/others/figure-skating/1029239808.html

Olympic champion Sochi 2014 Adelina Sotnikova will begin preparations for the new season in June.

'Injury is practically not bothering me. I think training for a dancing show was beneficial. Taking part in it became a real treat for me and I gained a new experience by the start of the new season and also more freedom in a choice of future programs as we with my partner Gleb Savchenko were working in such wide range of different styles.

I was following with an interest all what was happening in our sport for the rest of the season. What our girls – Liza & Lena managed to achieve- is wonderful, the real breakthrough. It will be very interesting to return to the ice with such great competitors and together compete against the rest of the field.'

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I am really looking forward to how Adelina has developed as a result of this entirely different DWTS experience. I think we are going to see a very different Adelina artistically.

Amantide

Would love to know which dance is your favorite? And which style would you like to see her perform on ice?

Mine is the Samba followed very closely by the Jive. I love me some upbeat/happy go lucky Adelina!!! Also enjoyed her ChaChaCha for this very reason but it's the Samba/Jive I watch the most. Would die if we get one of these styles on the ice :drama: Well maybe not the Jive, that would be kinda hard to do as a skating program :lol:

I loved the Jive. It was fun, full of energy and cuuuuuute. :) But as you said that might be a bit difficult on ice. Other dances I loved are Foxtrot, Chachacha, Contemporary, Freestyle, Paso.

I like Adelina but it will be interesting if she comes back. I am pretty sure she has no plans to skate in 2018 with the Games in Korea but could see her back coming back a year or two in between that. I think we will see in the fall. She wont ever be back probably if she isnt then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information