A performance from the past it just gives you chills. Please post one

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝
YouTube figured out my algorithm and is giving me videos to watch. They tricked me. Lol last night I saw a 1991 Natalia and Artur Oh my God this is what really got me into pairs figure skating and I had the chills watching it again yesterday. They were both born to skate with each other. Their movements are identical. He’s so beautiful, so is she. It was such an exciting time in pairs.

Interesting he was born and is from just south of the arctic circle? Mamma Mia!!!!

This is definitely a performance they gave me chills. Post one of yours!

I mean the death spiral sequence they created at the very end of the program is so chilling. I wish stuff like this would be encouraged and rewarded. And not rules made up to restrict stuff like this. This is what makes figure skating interesting and innovative! ❤️❤️

And I love that they hold the position at the end and create a moment. No one does this anymore. As soon as the music is over skaters break character immediately. I like it when they hold the ending position and just create more of a moment. 🥰🙏🏻

Like many of the comments on this YouTube page this is one of the best performances of a pairs team ever. If not the best in my opinion!!!!

Last edited:

jenny12

This from Drobiazko and Vanagas:

Also, Dorothy Hamill’s Pie Jesu that shows the power of held edges and simplicity:

Last edited:

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝
YouTube got me again tonight, lol - they got me more Natalia and Artur videos. Their innovation really gives me chills. I’ve never seen this performance before, the music is out there but their innovation I can’t say enough about. And I totally forgot that he would put her into a death spiral and then throw her right into a throw. So cool

And I’m not usually one to watch exhibition programs

Stuff like this will not be allowed today. And it should be

And I love listening to Dick fanboy over their performance here. In fact I think I miss me some dick button

So back then Belarus was considered Soviet union? I don’t think I ever knew that. So was Natalia considered Russian?

Last edited:

Immortelle

Rejected by Krasnopolski
The first was Torvill & Dean’s big top show in Nottingham in 1985. I was six years old and thought I’d died and gone to heaven.

Klimova & Ponomarenko’s Bach FD 1992 Olympics also gave me chills.

Mishkutionok & Dmitriev’s Liebestraum LP.

Aliona Kostornaia’s Lullaby SP.

Probably some men’s programs but none spring to mind immediately…

Of course!! Mikhail Kolyada’s White Crow FP from test skates last year!

Panja

With regard to Natalia/Artur I always get the chills from their 1994 Olympics Free Skate. I've watched it so often, and it never, ever bores!

Last edited:

bardtoob

I always enjoy Charlie Tickner's last LP at Worlds. For some reason, I always feel like I can tell he really loves skating. I also like that it is his proverbial "swan song" and he is in phenomenal physical shape and stayed in skating to a rather late age for his time.

Last edited:

millyskate

My immediate thought was also Shen & Zhao in 2003!

Random likes I sometimes include Candeloro’s D’Artagnan and his coach urging him on towards the end:

Ilya Kulik 1996:

Irina Slutskaya 2005:

deegee

My immediate thought was also Shen & Zhao in 2003!
oof. i was in d.c. for this. just electric! i got to see them a few years later at skate america in lake placid right before they won the olympics. my ex got me tickets as a surprise because delobel and schoenfelder (my faves at the time) would have been defending their skate america title but for the timing mishaps of her shoulder injury and subsequent pregnancy during her recovery. seeing shen and zhao again in person more than made up for not being able to see d/s live in person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information