2024 Paris Olympics - Ticket Portal Open

ilovesalchows

The first step in securing tickets to the Paris Olympics begins today with registration through the portal. Selection of events and purchase seems like it will be sometime in the spring.

My family is planning to go! I am super excited, I have never been to an Olympics. I have wanted to go since I saw Mary Lou win in 1984. I had that on VHS and watched it every day after school. :) And you know what they say, Paris is always a good idea!

Rob

Beach Bum
I’m more likely to go to LA2028, but I registered for Paris. Thanks for the link! I went to Torino 2006 but I want to attend a Summer Games as well.

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
I am hoping to volunteer for the games in Paris and Milano. I love sport volunteering at National and International events. Accommodation will be the tricky part, but I am going to ask a friend who has an apt in downtown Paris if there is any possibility?

ilovesalchows

I was able to purchase my ticket pack. The only artistic gymnastics available was the men's qualifying at 230 Euros each, which I wasn't willing to spend and didn't really work with the timing of the other events my family wanted to see. Basically, you get to choose one marquis event and then your other two choices are filtered down to the less popular events. I ended up getting a men's football quarter-final, the men's golf final, and the kite sailing final in Marseilles a bit later. I filled that last one in as it was the cheapest thing I could add to the pack (24 Euros) and it makes sense to move down there with our travel plans. I only want to pay to stay near Paris for a couple of days, so I am holding out for the single event lottery which starts March 15 and hopefully there is something I want to see in Paris on August 3rd when they release more tickets. I am hoping for swimming, athletics, or the artistic gymnastics event finals. We will see...

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
@ilovesalchows So jealous about the golf. The course is amazing. If you’re planning on conserving energy, camp out at hole #15 and watch the pros try to hit a good shot to the island green.

SandraMGfan

I was lucky and I got access in the first few days.
Did splurge on some swimming tix (€310 for 2) because that’s the reason I want to go but also got tennis, water polo, beach volleyball, athletics & field hockey - 10 tix for €465!
Hoping to get into the single tix lottery - the opening ceremony idea is just awesome!

morqet

rising like a phoenix
I gave up on buying tickets this time round - once I'd added tennis tickets I'd knocked out all the other sports I was potentially interested in seeing, and it's annoying that you always have to have the same number of tickets for each event. Hoping that there are more flexible options in the single ticket lottery, or that the resale is as easy to access as it was in London.

Sylvia

TBD
Organizers of Paris Olympics say 6.8 million tickets sold so far, defend pricing (May 23, 2023):
A total of 5.2 million tickets have been sold to the general public across the first two phases — with 1.6 million going to corporate partners and others.
During the second phase only — for the sale of individual tickets and which saw four million people register for the draw — a total of 1.89 million tickets were sold in 178 countries. Fifty-eight percent of those went for 100 euros or less.
“Our goal was to sell 1.5 million tickets and we were more successful than expected,” Estanguet said.
Some 610,000 seats were sold at 24 euros, he added. More tickets will be put on the market this summer, without a lottery, and a resale platform is set to open in 2024.

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
For London, I got practically nothing in the initial ballot. A couple of weeks before the Games began, I went back to the ticket portal and found seats for the opening night of the athletics. Turns out they were in the corporate section right on the home straight. Surrounded by lots of city types coming in for events and then going back to the VIP lounge to get hammered.

SidelineSkater

For 2020, we ended up with a great medal session for track & field, including the first mixed relay, beach volleyball and basketball. I can't remember the other event. Of course it was cancelled/postponed/closed to spectators in 21. Refunds were done, but it was a bit of a chore to get our money back.

For Paris, I registered just to see what was available. Some storms last week blew my emergency travel budget, so we'll be getting a new roof instead. The available sports were somewhat limited. Track & field was super expensive. There were a few other options, water polo, golf, basketball and a few other things were available. Just didn't seem worth it this time around. OH is having a big birthday ending in zero for 2025, so I'm saving our airline miles and hotel points for something later.

Rob

Beach Bum
I think the Opening Ceremony on the Seine, streets, Trocadero looks cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information