2023 World Athletics Championships (Budapest, Hungary - 19-27 August)

ballettmaus

Biggest surprise of the champs so far is that Germany has not won a medal! :eek:
Not if you know how little they're willing to invest in elite sports and support elite athletes (compared to other countries). The writing was on the wall.

Jammers

So Noah Lyles 🇺🇸 has upset some basketball players :EVILLE:

Noah seems to really be full of himself now. Maybe someone can educate him on the Olympics or the FIBA tournament every 4 years.

CassAgain

It does seem like a weird flex given the number of insanely good international players in the NBA and FIBA tournament going on right now. Did someone ask him about the NBA?

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
It does seem like a weird flex given the number of insanely good international players in the NBA and FIBA tournament going on right now. Did someone ask him about the NBA?
I think it was probably a question about why athletes such as himself are not as famous as NBA players given that Lyles is a World champion.

While the NBA is the best basketball league in the world with many international players, becoming champion of that national league is not equivalent to becoming a World champion at an event where almost every single nation on the planet is represented. It’s not rocket science.

Having said that, Lyles knew what he was doing and that it would generate publicity for him. My favourite take was an NBA player saying that he would smoke Lyles in a 200m race. :rofl:

VICK B.

The winner in every event male or female gets 70,000 US dollars (USD) and what about the non-Olympic events ?

skatingguy

decently
The winner in every event male or female gets 70,000 US dollars (USD) and what about the non-Olympic events ?
There's no indication that non-Olympics events (I count only two events - 35km Race Walk - that are not Olympic events) are any different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information