2023 Lombardia Trophy - Pairs SP & FS

Hedwig

Antique member
their entry into throws is interesting - he just sets her in the right position - I think that is much more difficult than sliding into the right position herself. but it works for them, so maybe not for them.

Belsornia

I bite because I like it
I really like this music - bluesy/folk - so some people will certainly hate it, but I'm not that person, lol.
Fleetwood Mac, The Chain

I think it’s a great choice and they kept the momentum nicely through the programme. A big step forward from their Tribute to Rachel from Friends days.

Hedwig

Antique member
G/A
3twist
sbs 3sal, she doubles, old problem
sbs 2axel stumble 1a1a
throw 3z
throw 3l
if her solo jump problems persists, I worry that they will be the ones to be left out of the strong Italian teams

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
GhiAmbr - red cuff and collar on his black shirt, red ribbon in her hair. This music is very dark and ominous - drastically different from anything else they've done. Now it changes into something a bit lighter but not super-tinkly piano. And now, dramatic with percussion. I hope someone is able to Shazam this because the three pieces don't really make much sense together. Oh, and they had some elements. Mostly good but there was an issue on the SBS combo.

Belsornia

I bite because I like it
GhiAmbr - red cuff and collar on his black shirt, red ribbon in her hair. This music is very dark and ominous - drastically different from anything else they've done. Now it changes into something a bit lighter but not super-tinkly piano. And now, dramatic with percussion. I hope someone is able to Shazam this because the three pieces don't really make much sense together.
I think it’s one of the Dracula soundtracks. Choreo needed more biting TBH.

Hedwig

Antique member
VL/D
3twist
sbs 3toe, she may have doubled?
sbs 2a, he falls out of it ad they abort the planned combo
throw 3l fall out
bad stumble out of the pair spin
throw 3s splat

Karen-W

VLDigs - crashy on the twist - nothing new there, lol. "Survivor" and "Gangsta's Paradise" is their music - thankfully not a mashup, lol. He has a hand down on one of the jumps, she falls out of the first throw. Lift was secure. You know, with this team, I feel like we are ALL survivors to get through their programs without fearing at least two pairs elements. 2nd lift is also okay. And she goes down on the 2nd throw. Bit sketchy on the last lift and she seems to be grasping her wrist at the end...

ETA - was there any "Gangsta's Paradise" in there? Their updated ISU bio says it's there, but... Who knows?

Hedwig

Antique member
V/C
3twist
sbs 3sal, she stumbles out of it
sbs 3t
throw 2lutz
throw 3l
he struggles a bit to keep her up in the lifts
not as good as in the SP but very promising nonetheless - how long are they now skating together?

Karen-W

Vaananen/Clerici - cobalt blue dress with sparkles for her, white mock turtleneck asymmetrical tunic with sparkles for him. "Will You Still Love Me" - bit messy on the SBS jumps. Argh - that tilted air position on the platter lift that is a trademark of the IceLab pairs aggravates me to no end. Ooooo - he nearly failed on the last lift but managed to get her up and his arms locked. They're really fatigued here at the end - need more conditioning - and being able to compete internationally will help.

Karen-W

he struggles a bit to keep her up in the lifts
not as good as in the SP but very promising nonetheless - how long are they now skating together?
They paired up sometime after Jr Worlds 2022, so probably about 15-16 months.

ETA - very promising - achieved the Worlds TES mins at their first int'l competition!

Hedwig

Antique member
H/K
3twist
sbs 3sal very nice
2a1a2a she stumbles out of it
glorious throw 3z
exit from a lift a bit to a stand-still
throw 3l nice and high
really good skate! :cheer:
only minor issues

I hope they get a medal in order to get some price money - I know they desparately need it to go on skating

Karen-W

HocKun - red and black unitard for her with a Schott-style bodice, all black with a hint of red for him. SBS 2a+1a+2a was good until the end when they both stumbled out of the last jump. "Without You" burning turning sun song - God help me, it is too early for such a dreary song. Slow exit on that lift. Even when the tempo picks up, they're still slogging. My God... could they have slowed down any more on the entrance to their pairs combo spin?

Hedwig

Antique member
H/V
3twist
sbs3t 2t stumble oos 2t
sbs 3s very good
throw 3l df
throw 3l excellent

I confess, I am not a fan of partner hopping but I think in her case it was a good decision to ditch Nolan

I guess no medal for Hocke/Kunkel after all...

Karen-W

HaseVol - black unitard with sparkles on the front for her, black for him - how original. SBS combo - issues on the last jump for both of them. Two-foot landing on the first throw 3. Very strong lifts. Solid on the 2nd throw. Skating skills-wise, they're better than HocKun and I think they'll remain ahead of them today.

LeafOnTheWind

Well you can't say they didn't find original cuts from Cats. I don't really know anyone that ever used the 1st piece because I didn't know WTF it was.

ETA: Why did this run on Broadway so long? I can't imagine wanting to see this based on the song selections here.

Karen-W

BecGua - today is a unitard day, so it seems, lol. Theirs are black on the bottom and copper/gold on the top. "Cats" soundtrack - she's got Princess Leia buns but, thankfully no actual cat-ears like Minsol Kwon. Down on the first throw. Really nice air position in the lifts for her. I hate this soundtrack so much, it's hard for me to appreciate their program. Stood up the 2nd throw. I think they're going to wind up off the podium, but we'll see.

Hedwig

Antique member
B/G
Cats
3twist
sbs 3t1a1a
sbs 3s she falls
throw 3l fall
throw 3s very good
the lyrics "touch me you understand what happiness is" make me a bit uncomfortable with this age difference in the pair....

Karen-W

the lyrics "touch me you understand what happiness is" make me a bit uncomfortable with this age difference in the pair....
Does him being married make it less or more creepy?

Belsornia

I bite because I like it
Cat claw choreography is a lot cuter on a thirteen year old girl than a thirty something guy.

But if this programme appears on YouTube I’ll be sending it to the preschooler in my family who likes cats and skating.

Karen-W

Babs was with them in KnC - do we blame her for that music selection?

Hedwig

Antique member
C/M
3twist
her skirts looks great in the twist
sbs 3t2a1a
sbs 3s
throw 3l wonderful
I wish she would wear a unitard, though, the wedgie looks painful
throw 3s and the win
oh no, fall in the exit of the lift - but seem to recover quickly - freak fall

their ability to deliver time and time and time again is really special - nerves of steel!

she does seem hurt but it does not look too bad, I hope?

Karen-W

ConMac - "The Prayer" - okay then. Good on the SBS combo and on the solo SBS jumps! OMG - everything was going great until they crashed and burned on the last lift! I didn't catch what went wrong because I was trying to describe her dress and what I don't like about it, but that's irrelevant really.

Belsornia

I bite because I like it
Oh no! The rest of the programme was so great but he didn’t look comfortable from the get go in that lift. She’s smiling, but also holding her head, yikes.

Karen-W

she does seem hurt but it does not look too bad, I hope?
She definitely seems hurt coming off the ice. I hope it isn't too bad either. Luckily, their first GP is France, so they've got 2 months to recover.

Sylvia

TBD
Pairs
Result
FPl. Name Nation Points SP FS
1 Sara CONTI / Niccolo MACII ITA 200.35 1 1
2 Minerva Fabienne HASE / Nikita VOLODIN GER 194.52 3 2
3 Annika HOCKE / Robert KUNKEL GER 191.76 4 4
4 Lucrezia BECCARI / Matteo GUARISE ITA 185.06 2 5
5 Rebecca GHILARDI / Filippo AMBROSINI ITA 182.33 7 3
6 Daria DANILOVA / Michel TSIBA NED 160.47 8 6
7 Milania VAANANEN / Filippo CLERICI FIN 151.50 5 7
8 Anastasia VAIPAN-LAW / Luke DIGBY GBR 142.97 6 10
9 Barbora KUCIANOVA / Martin BIDAR CZE 142.65 10 8
10 Oceane PIEGAD / Denys STREKALIN FRA 141.12 9 9
11 Aurelie FAULA / Theo BELLE FRA 115.26 11 11

Pl. NameNationTSS
=
TES
+
PCS
+
COPRSKDed.
-
StN.
1​
Sara CONTI / Niccolo MACIIITA
130.19​
66.31​
66.88​
8.50​
8.20​
8.35​
3.00​
#11​
2​
Minerva Fabienne HASE / Nikita VOLODINGER
128.30​
65.68​
62.62​
7.80​
7.95​
7.70​
0.00​
#9​
3​
Rebecca GHILARDI / Filippo AMBROSINIITA
127.34​
64.32​
63.02​
8.00​
7.95​
7.65​
0.00​
#5​
4​
Annika HOCKE / Robert KUNKELGER
125.70​
65.35​
60.35​
7.45​
7.65​
7.50​
0.00​
#8​
5​
Lucrezia BECCARI / Matteo GUARISEITA
118.12​
59.24​
60.88​
7.85​
7.50​
7.45​
2.00​
#10​
6​
Daria DANILOVA / Michel TSIBANED
106.89​
57.03​
50.86​
6.30​
6.30​
6.45​
1.00​
#4​
7​
Milania VAANANEN / Filippo CLERICIFIN
95.51​
48.12​
47.39​
6.05​
5.70​
6.00​
0.00​
#7​
8​
Barbora KUCIANOVA / Martin BIDARCZE
91.86​
46.66​
46.20​
5.80​
5.40​
6.10​
1.00​
#2​
9​
Oceane PIEGAD / Denys STREKALINFRA
89.11​
42.05​
48.06​
6.30​
5.85​
5.85​
1.00​
#3​
10​
Anastasia VAIPAN-LAW / Luke DIGBYGBR
87.65​
42.12​
47.53​
6.10​
5.65​
6.05​
2.00​
#6​
11​
Aurelie FAULA / Theo BELLEFRA
73.94​
39.09​
38.85​
5.10​
4.45​
5.00​
4.00​
#1​

FS protocols: https://www.fisg.it/upload/result/6...------FNL-000100--_JudgesDetailsperSkater.pdf

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information