2023 Lombardia Trophy Ice Dance - RD & FD

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Starting Order/Live Results - https://www.fisg.it/upload/result/6185/csita2023/SEG007.htm?force_isolation=true
Time Schedule - https://www.fisg.it/upload/result/6...-_StartListwithTimes.pdf?force_isolation=true

StN.NameNation
Warm-Up Group 1
1Natalie TASCHLEROVA / Filip TASCHLER
CZE.GIF
CZE
2Natalia PALLU-NEVES / Jayin PANESAR
BRA.GIF
BRA
3Victoria MANNI / Carlo ROETHLISBERGER
ITA.GIF
ITA
4Anna SIMOVA / Kirill AKSENOV
SVK.GIF
SVK
5Charlene GUIGNARD / Marco FABBRI
ITA.GIF
ITA
Warm-Up Group 2
6Maria Sofia PUCHEROVA / Nikita LYSAK
SVK.GIF
SVK
7Katerina MRAZKOVA / Daniel MRAZEK
CZE.GIF
CZE
8Maria KAZAKOVA / Giorgi REVIA
GEO.GIF
GEO
9Giorgia GALIMBERTI / Matteo Libasse MANDELLI
ITA.GIF
ITA
10Zoe LARSON / Andrii KAPRAN
UKR.GIF
UKR
Warm-Up Group 3
11Leia DOZZI / Pietro PAPETTI
ITA.GIF
ITA
12Caroline GREEN / Michael PARSONS
USA.GIF
USA
13Charise MATTHAEI / Max LIEBERS
GER.GIF
GER
14Olivia OLIVER / Filip BOJANOWSKI
POL.GIF
POL
15Emily BRATTI / Ian SOMERVILLE
USA.GIF
USA

leilaofpaper

What is up with those starting orders? Have they intentionally randomised it to try and make the judging more fair?

Karen-W

Choosing Lombardia RD today over the JGP Men FS - stream is un-skippy for now. I sent IceLab a DM on IG about fixing it. If the same issues persist today that we had yesterday, I plan on letting them know that fleecing fans through Solidsport is a short-term gain and I won't buy their stream in future years. I know it's not Solidsport - their Finlandia stream has been fantastic in previous years.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Choosing Lombardia RD today over the JGP Men FS - stream is un-skippy for now. I sent IceLab a DM on IG about fixing it. If the same issues persist today that we had yesterday, I plan on letting them know that fleecing fans through Solidsport is a short-term gain and I won't buy their stream in future years. I know it's not Solidsport - their Finlandia stream has been fantastic in previous years.
Uh, isn’t it like 3:30 AM where you are? (For me this is a nice Sat afternoon following brunch with friends.)

Karen-W

Uh, isn’t it like 3:30 AM where you are? (For me this is a nice Sat afternoon following brunch with friends.)
Yes, it is - but I also fell asleep around 8:30pm last night, so I'm operating on a good 6+ hours of sleep already. And, since it's Saturday, I'll be able to nap this afternoon, lol.

Karen-W

Taschlers - the camera can barely keep up with them, they're so fast, lol! Not too shabby. I'm in no-tek but I enjoyed that. I'm not sure the last section has enough punch to it, so that may need a better music edit, but still pretty good for September!

Belsornia

I bite because I like it
Taschlers - what is that initial voiceover snippet? Screechy brakes noise as they charge towards the barrier is appropriate however. Second half of the programmes disguises their speed and powers with lots of stop-start choreography and arm flinging.

Dobre

Taschlerova & Taschler: Great start! Has the same vibe as their Madonna program, as it probably should; but their unison is very sharp for the start of a season. Coming into this season ready for the competition.

Karen-W

Pallu-Neves/Panesar - well, even the no-teknik among us can recognize sketchy twizzles, lol.

And, thus prompts the TES mins reminder for the day -
Worlds - 35/52
Euros/4CCs - 30/48

Will these Brazilians manage that like their "compatriots" on the junior level did last week?

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Brazilians shouldn’t have to skate after Taschlers. They look Junior, need speed, power, crispness and extension. But she brings the perk.

Belsornia

I bite because I like it
Pallu Neves / Panesar - I’m biased but I think they’ve improved their speed and fluidity since last year. Programme is within their capability and looks empty after the Taschlers, lots of space between them. His twizzles are still close your eyes and pray but he survived, and maybe a bobble in the step sequence. I like her skirt and as always she looks like she’s having the best time. Nick B building up his national team jackets collections.

ETA Well short of tech mins. They need to book tickets to Kazakhstan.

Karen-W

Manni/Roethlisberger - how many songs can they use in one 3-min RD?

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Manni/Roeth: bad music cuts. He has noodle arms with a lot of half-hearted gestures. They really should be better given the number of years they’ve been around.

Belsornia

I bite because I like it
Manni / Röthlisberger - Most memorable thing is his double denim. Too many music cuts, and maybe one was a music requirements violation?

Dobre

46.49 for the Brazilians. I'm going to have to crawl out of bed to find a pencil, aren't I?

Manni & Roethlisberger: Some synthesizer sound effect use for the transitions as the Taschlers. (It works). First faded jeans of the competition. M&R looked pretty good after the Brazilians. 60.41

Belsornia

I bite because I like it
Simova / Aksenov - Costumes do not scream Ghostbusters. He’s into that opening choreo! Zanni’s into the armography this year. Is this a skipping song? But no jump rope miming.

Karen-W

Simova/Aksenov - love her dress! Him, on the other hand, needs to do better - especially for a Ghostbusters program! I don't understand the last music cut at all with this program. Lots of energy throughout though.

Dobre

Simova & Aksenov: So . . . random? Think the children's taunt recess song was actually more appropriate for the choreography than the Ghostbusters here.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Well Zanni’s teams came to play. I don’t remember Sim/Aks being that fast and powerful. They had some ‘80s spirit but the music choices were just dumb, how can anyone express Ghostbusters and the stupid name song?

Karen-W

LOL - so far, none of these teams except the Taschlers are booking their tickets to Montreal - at least, not without first booking a trip to Denis Ten Memorial.

Karen-W

GuiFab - I doubt that they're getting a music violation here, but they should because... Just no. I like Adam Lambert, but... Not from the 80s. Same with Glee. Marie-France has a posse at GPdF going up against Babs and GuiFab - betcha they get a music violation there.

ETA - seriously - the GPdF field has 6 IAM teams in it. And there are 5 IAM teams at NHK, which is GuiFab's 2nd GP.

Dobre

:lol: Marco's slide/backbend and the last 15 seconds there were the best part. They're happy with the skate.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
I bet I’m the only one who floved that from G/F. Such speed and unison and edges and I think they nailed ‘80s. Unless they get a Glee deduction this should do very well.

Belsornia

I bite because I like it
Guignard / Fabbri - Her teal bodysuit looks great but it’s more Tatiana Totmianina c.2005 than eighties. The approach is surprisingly similar to Fear/Gibson with the remix, opening standing choreo and pause for Marco to kneel on the ice and gyrate. Some genuine eighties moves in there though. Look pretty sharp for the season opener and great twizzles, but maybe a little hesitancy in the lift.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information