2023 Lombardia Trophy - Pairs SP & FS

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
If you're talking about the ah ah ah ah ah ah song, it's not Sia. Wikipedia said it's "Drowning" by Anne Sila.

I don't want to blame poor Sia for that song. :lol: Not that she doesn't have her own annoying songs (I personally don't care for her cover of California Dreamin') but she's not as bad as ah ah ah ah ah ah ah
Yeah, I'm still traumatized by the awful Sia song that Kaori used last season. :lol:

rfisher

Let the skating begin
And, there is Kostner again. You can see her influence in the top two teams.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Oh, you're right. I was confusing the ah ah ah crap that Kawabe skated to with the Sia screeching/sirens that Kaori skated to last season.
There are plenty of awful songs to go around for the Japanese women, it seems!

Hedwig

Antique member
V-L/D
3twist
sbs 2axel nicely set to the music
small stumble from him in the lift but saved it
throw 3sal

this competition was surprisingly good - especially for so early in the season!
Pairs really reinvented themselves during the last two years - so great to see.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
VLDigs - Best 3tw I've ever seen from them! SBS 2As good! They definitely seem more comfortable and confident this season. I think the throw was a double though?

Belsornia

I bite because I like it
Vaipan-Law/Digby - Resusing this programme feels especially tired now so many dance teams are using the INXS original. Twist looking much better and by my count a valid death spiral! Luke’s turns are still sketchy in the lift. A much better start to their season than last year.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Going to be an interesting FS. Ghilardi/Ambrosini will pull up. They are down due to the boot issue. It could be an Italian sweep depending on what the two German teams do. The Finns were a nice surprise.

Karen-W

Going to be an interesting FS. Ghilardi/Ambrosini will pull up. They are down due to the boot issue. It could be an Italian sweep depending on what the two German teams do. The Finns were a nice surprise.
I don't know that GhiAmbr can pull up THAT much against a seasoned/experienced team like HocKun. And let's wait and see if Beccari/Guarise have a 2nd throw triple yet - she didn't when we saw them last at Euros, but that was 8 months ago.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I don't know that GhiAmbr can pull up THAT much against a seasoned/experienced team like HocKun. And let's wait and see if Beccari/Guarise have a 2nd throw triple yet - she didn't when we saw them last at Euros, but that was 8 months ago.
HocKun are not that reliable. My money is on the Italians. They lost 6 points due to the boot issue, but with help from those above them, I think they could get within bronze position.

Karen-W

HocKun are not that reliable. My money is on the Italians. They lost 6 points due to the boot issue, but with help from those above them, I think they could get within bronze position.
I don't disagree that GhiAmbr could possibly pull up for a medal. What I do disagree with is the notion of an Italian sweep. I don't think BOTH are likely - one or the other, yes.

Lizziebeth

If you're talking about the ah ah ah ah ah ah song, it's not Sia. Wikipedia said it's "Drowning" by Anne Sila.

I don't want to blame poor Sia for that song. :lol: Not that she doesn't have her own annoying songs (I personally don't care for her cover of California Dreamin') but she's not as bad as ah ah ah ah ah ah ah
I am trying to forget that ah ah ah ah song. H/D picked some other music I did not like but that was the worst.

Hedwig

Antique member
FS start order
1 Aurelie FAULA / Theo BELLE
FRA
11 41.32
2 Barbora KUCIANOVA / Martin BIDAR
CZE
10 50.79
3 Oceane PIEGAD / Denys STREKALIN
FRA
9 52.01
Warm-Up Group 2
4 Daria DANILOVA / Michel TSIBA
NED
8 53.58
5 Rebecca GHILARDI / Filippo AMBROSINI
ITA
7 54.99
6 Anastasia VAIPAN-LAW / Luke DIGBY
GBR
6 55.32
7 Milania VAANANEN / Filippo CLERICI
FIN
5 55.99
Warm-Up Group 3
8 Annika HOCKE / Robert KUNKEL
GER
4 66.06
9 Minerva Fabienne HASE / Nikita VOLODIN
GER
3 66.22
10 Lucrezia BECCARI / Matteo GUARISE
ITA
2 66.94
11 Sara CONTI / Niccolo MACII
ITA
1 70.16

Karen-W

Faula/Belle - monochromatic black & white costumes that are really lovely. Oh, Lordy, this music is going to put me back to sleep. He pops the 2nd part of their SBS combo, she falls out of the solo jump. Fall on the first throw. He seems more secure in the lifts this season, but that feels like the only area of improvement for this team. The lean in the air on the second throw - there was no saving it at all. And they finish after the music tapers away.

Hedwig

Antique member
Faula/Belle
2twist
sbs 2t2t - he singles
sbs 3sal, she falls
throw 3 loop bad fall - looked like he threw her totally wrong
throw 3 sal - again tilted in the air and bad fall
she is so brave to keep on jumping and letting herself be thrown

Hedwig

Antique member
K/B
sbs 3t 2a1a
sbs 3sal she falls
huge throw 3f
throw 2sal - looked intentional, interesting

Karen-W

Kucianova/Bidar - pretty aqua & grey dress. Dreadful emo "Wicked Games" cover. It's too early for an awful CarPon tribute. And I was too annoyed by that to pay close attention to their elements. She does have good extension in the air in her lifts.

Belsornia

I bite because I like it
As a taller pairs girl, Kucianova has nice lines and they hit some interesting positions in their choreo moves.

Still a work in progress but they’ve booked their ticket to Kaunas so not bad for the first time out.

Karen-W

Piegad/Strekalin - she didn't even try to finish the combo after she stumbled on the first jump. Really nice throw 3! And he's down on the SBS 3s. Another nice throw 3! This should certainly book their ticket to Angers for GPdF - they're miles ahead of Faula/Belle. Of course, I type that and then they have a lift fail right at the end of the program, lol.

Hedwig

Antique member
P/S
3twist
sbs 3toe she stumbles out of it, he with added 2t - so far apart that iswas difficutlt to watch both
very nice star lift
throw 3loop, very nice
sbs 3sal, he falls, I think she <<
throw 3 flip, excellent

aborted lift, oh no
nice support between them - I had a bad vibe in that regard from the first French team, tbh

Hedwig

Antique member
D/T
3twist
sb 3sal, he singles,
throw3 loop, cool entry
sbs 2a2a2a
he is one of the few men where I am not nervous during the lifts, very steady and secure
throw 3luzt, tiny bit df
I don't know why but for me this partnerships shows joy in skating - it seems like a good supportive partnership from outside

Karen-W

DanTsi - dark, navy blue costumes - he pops the SBS 3s, very high & light throw 3, SBS 2a+2a+2a combo good-ish. I really like this music - bluesy/folk - so some people will certainly hate it, but I'm not that person, lol. Another solid throw 3! They're continuing to improve as a team. God bless Dutch pairs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information