2022 Nationals in Nashville

Rhumba d’Amour

I had the same problem. No confirmation letter and Ticketmaster had no record of my purchase. Bought my tickets through the FOFS presale and to access them you need to download the NHL app and then hit the Predators link. The tickets will pop up and you can use your Ticketmaster password to access them to download on your mobile device.

Found all of this out by emailing Bridgestone Arena box office and receiving a response from Logan VanSickle ([email protected]). He was patient and sent explicit instructions.
A thousand thanks for this post. I had the same problem and just spent an ungodly amount of time trying to troubleshoot a solution; even had to call in my tech-savvy youngster to assist, without success. I should have known I would find the answer here! You just made my day, thank you!

kiss-n-cry

Team Brown
I lied. I just got off a Zoom meeting with the LOC. Due to Toyota’s sponsorship of the Championships the rink will be called the Scott Hamilton Skating Academy-Bellevue. On a good day it is 20 minutes from downtown. Spectators will be allowed to attend practices there.
I was also on the zoom call with the LOC and do not recall seeing/hearing that spectators (who are not volunteers) will be allowed in to the practice venue. Did I miss something?

b-man

I lied. I just got off a Zoom meeting with the LOC. Due to Toyota’s sponsorship of the Championships the rink will be called the Scott Hamilton Skating Academy-Bellevue. On a good day it is 20 minutes from downtown. Spectators will be allowed to attend practices there.
I was apparently wrong as well. There are dual rink Ford Ice Centers in both Bellevue and Antioch. I gave directions to the wrong Ford Center.

missing

Well-Known To Whom She Wonders
I've lost track of when the Bridgestone Arena says what and this particular piece of information wasn't exactly announced in big bold letters, but when I checked just now, the proof of vaccination/negative test was back in place as a requirement for getting in.

As part of the entry requirements for Bridgestone Arena, all ticket holders must provide proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test (within 72 hours) in order to enter.

Debbie S

I've lost track of when the Bridgestone Arena says what and this particular piece of information wasn't exactly announced in big bold letters, but when I checked just now, the proof of vaccination/negative test was back in place as a requirement for getting in.

As part of the entry requirements for Bridgestone Arena, all ticket holders must provide proof of vaccination or a negative *********-19 test (within 72 hours) in order to enter.
Which page is this on? When I click on the YKW protocol link, it says at the top that proof of vax is no longer required as of 11/13. It looks like some events (under separate tabs) have a vax req but not the whole arena. (Which means USFS could institute one....)

missing

Which page is this on? When I click on the YKW protocol link, it says at the top that proof of vax is no longer required as of 11/13. It looks like some events (under separate tabs) have a vax req but not the whole arena. (Which means USFS could institute one....)
It wasn't easy to find but I located it at Bridgestone Arena A-Z Guide under CLEAR Health Pass.

ETA: Now that I've dived more thoroughly, I see elsewhere the policy is no proof required as of Nov. 2. So who knows. Not I, and presumably not the Bridgestone Arena.

Debbie S

It wasn't easy to find but I located it at Bridgestone Arena A-Z Guide under CLEAR Health Pass.

ETA: Now that I've dived more thoroughly, I see elsewhere the policy is no proof required as of Nov. 2. So who knows. Not I, and presumably not the Bridgestone Arena.
It looks like the "A-Z" page just hasn't been updated to match the protocol.

missing

I just emailed the arena to ask when they would announce the policy for Nationals, pointing out to them (in a warm and friendly way) that they have 2 different policies listed and that was confusing. It might not hurt if other people planning to attend email them about it.

It would also help if the USFS made an announcement on the subject, which for all I know they have. Has anyone checked?

ETA: I just emailed USFS but I'm not a member and for different reasons I'm not sure the email went through. Once again, it might not hurt if other people planning to attend email them about it.

Last edited:

Yuri

Nothing has changed in the policies of the Bridgestone Arena since November 13:

Effective Nov. 13, 2021, guests will no longer be required to show proof of C0VID-19 vaccination or a negative C0VID-19 test to attend Nashville Predators games. The change in protocol will also apply to events held at the venue unless a specific tour or event has its own protocols that differ from the protocols announced Nov. 3, 2021. This change comes after significant improvements in Nashville / Davidson County in the metrics that are used by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to measure transmission rates.

Moreover, on November 12, the Tennessee Governor signed an Executive Order restricting private businesses from implementing such restrictions. Please note that the Bridgestone Arena updated its policies the day after the Executive Order. At his point, I doubt the USFS can implement its own restrictions without suing the State of Tennessee and taking them to court.

With a stroke of a pen Friday afternoon, Gov. Bill Lee signed into law an expansive legislative package strictly limiting the authority schools, health agencies and businesses have over C0VID-19 restrictions.

The law now takes immediate effect in Tennessee and will almost certainly face swift legal challenges.

The legislation — pushed through in a late-night special session earlier this month — marked a significant political win for Republicans. But it drew concern not just from Democrats but from hospitals and business interests, and will likely invite additional court battles similar to the ongoing fight against Lee's executive order on masks in schools.

The new law restricts private businesses from requiring C0VID-19 vaccination proof and only allows schools and other public entities to enact mask mandates under an extreme surge of 1,000 infections or more for every 100,000 residents in a 14-day period.

Last edited:

Debbie S

Moreover, on November 12, the Tennessee Governor signed an Executive Order restricting private businesses from implementing such restrictions. Please note that the Bridgestone Arena updated its policies the day after the Executive Order. At his point, I doubt the USFS cannot implement its own restrictions without suing the State of Tennessee and taking them to court.
As the posted policy states, a specific event can have its own protocol. Looks like the Evanescence concert this week is requiring vax or negative test.

I don't think USFS will institute that, but it does appear to be allowed.

Yuri

As the posted policy states, a specific event can have its own protocol. Looks like the Evanescence concert this week is requiring vax or negative test.

I don't think USFS will institute that, but it does appear to be allowed.

Sorry, I couldn't figure out how to link any of the articles on the Governor's Executive Order because they all contained YNW in the URL. My point was that the Executive Order forced all private businesses (as well as the school system) to drop masking, testing and/or vaccine policies, effective immediately, so that action forced the hand of the Bridgestone Arena. Barring court action...

missing

Well, the Arena has it covered by saying no vac. applies to Nashville Predator games but can be required by other events with different protocols.

I am not a lawyer and even if I were this wouldn't be my area of specialization, but it could be the USFS is not a private business and is thus exempted from the Tennessee law.

I can't be objective about this because I have tickets and plane tickets and hotel reservations and bought 2 new sweaters and a fanny pouch for this damn thing. But I think if the people who are going put enough pressure on the USFS, then the USFS could put pressure on the Bridgestone Arena, and the government of Tennesse could be informed that non-profit organizations incorporated not in the state of Tennessee have the right to institute vaccination mandates for the protection of their membership for an event being held there.

Or, if I ran the universe, I'd do it without informing the great state of Tennessee and wait to see if someone snitches and their government races over to the Bridgestone Arena to stop the event. I'd be more than happy to wallop some representative of the state government with my fanny pack, and if enough of us did, it could be quite the publicity generator for figure skating.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I am not a lawyer and even if I were this wouldn't be my area of specialization, but it could be the USFS is not a private business and is thus exempted from the Tennessee law.
I'm pretty sure that's not how it works.

USFS is a corporation. Sure they are a non-profit corporation, but they are still a corporation (501c3, I believe since they file 990s). Therefore, they are most definitely a private business as far as I understand the term. They aren't a club in the way our social ice dance club is a club (no board, not incorporated, just people who get together weekly). And they aren't a government entity. So what else is left?

peibeck

Simply looking
You can easily manage your tickets without the app. Click the “Manage Tickets” link in your Predators email order confirmation. That will give you the opportunity to log into your Ticketmaster account. From there you can transfer the tickets to your Wallet without problem.

Thank you, I was looking for directions on the website and was thinking I'd need to download the NHL app to access them. Oy! What a mess. Anyway, thank you, thank you, thank you. Took a while to move all 15 sessions but got it done! :cheer2:

missing

A woman from the Bridgestone Arena very nicely answered my email:

Hi ...,

You can check on the Bridgestone Arena website for the most up to date information about the event you're attending here:
2022 Toyota U.S. Figure Skating Championships/Bridgestone Arena. As of right now, US National Figure Skating Championships does not have COVID protocol requirements to attend their events in January. Their event times are still to be determined, so this policy could change closer to the event dates.

Thank you,
Lucy

Debbie S

A woman from the Bridgestone Arena very nicely answered my email:

Hi ...,

You can check on the Bridgestone Arena website for the most up to date information about the event you're attending here:
2022 Toyota U.S. Figure Skating Championships/Bridgestone Arena. As of right now, US National Figure Skating Championships does not have ********* protocol requirements to attend their events in January. Their event times are still to be determined, so this policy could change closer to the event dates.

Thank you,
Lucy
AFAIK, USFS masking policy (which applies to all attending any sanctioned event) is still in effect. At this point, arena staff probably aren't going to know anything. I wouldn't expect USFS to announce/reaffirm specific policies until a week or two before the event. With omicron, the federal guidance is going to be evolving as we learn more about it, anyway.

kiss-n-cry

Team Brown
Yes, the mask policy is still in effect for all attendees. Plus anyone volunteering must be vaccinated AND have a negative PCR test before arriving. If not vaccinated, volunteers must pass a rapid antigen test onsite. They are not messing around. Subject to change, of course, but I'm glad these rules are in place.

Yuri

I don't know how to link the USFS press release because YNK is in the URL, but here's the relevant information (bolded in red), effective August 2, 2021. Apparently, the Tennessee Governor's anti-masking EO applies only to public schools and other government-run institutions, but not to the private schools or businesses (unlike the state's universal ban on vaccine mandates).

U.S. Figure Skating Mask Policy – Revised July 30, 2021

With a continued focus on the overall health and safety of all members, U.S. Figure Skating’s updated C0VID-19 policy will go into effect August 2, 2021.

The policy, with the approval and guidance of U.S. Figure Skating’s Chair of the Sports Science and Medicine Committee and support of U.S. Figure Skating’s Board of Directors, is based on the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) updated Interim Public Health Recommendations for Fully Vaccinated People issued on July 27, 2021. This revised policy recognizes the new evidence outlined by the CDC for fully vaccinated people given new evidence on the B.1.617.2 (Delta) variant currently circulating in the United States. This policy is in effect for all U.S. Figure Skating events or activities, recognizing that members may be traveling to events or activities with differing requirements.

Effective August 2, 2021

Masks are required to be worn indoors by ALL people (including fully vaccinated people) attending any U.S. Figure Skating-sanctioned event or activity despite local, state or facility policies.
Sanctioned activities include competitions (U.S. Figure Skating and Compete USA), exhibitions/performances and test sessions.

Exceptions:

• Athletes practicing or competing on the ice.
  • Warming up outside.
Reminders:

• Mask Policy signage, found here, must be displayed at entry points for all sanctioned events.
  • The LOC is not required to ask for proof of vaccination as a condition of participation in the event or activity.
  • LOCs are still responsible for an overall Health and Safety plan and event medical coverage.
We will continue to closely monitor the information provided by the CDC and provide updates to this policy as required. U.S. Figure Skating’s C0VID-19 resources can be found here.

Still, I had to Google to find this information on the USFS website as it's nowhere to be found on the 2022 US Figure Skating Championships website: https://www.usfigureskating.org/event/2022-toyota-us-figure-skating-championships#VenueAndTravel

Nor, of course, is the USFS masking policy noted on the link to the Bridgestone Arena policies, already posted above:

Regarding practice sessions, the US Figure Skating Championship website states All-session tickets include admission!!!

ALL-SESSION TICKET PACKAGE INFORMATION

Inner Circle - $1,255/seat inclusive of all fees. (SOLD OUT)
P2 – Lower Level - $950/seat inclusive of all fees.
P3 – Lower Level - $755/seat inclusive of all fees.

All-session tickets includes admission to all official practice and competitive sessions at Bridgestone Arena. It also includes the Skating Spectacular on Jan. 9, 2022.

Sylvia

TBD
I haven't seen this posted here yet, but the USFS has posted all of the entries for US Nationals in Nashville. Total competitors at both the Championship and Junior levels: Ladies (18), Men (18), Pairs (12), and Dance (15).
Thanks, I've been posting the lists with additional info incl. high scores in the U.S. news threads by disciplines (click on the direct links below) - just have pairs to go.
I've noted which qualifying competition for each high score in case anyone wants to watch individual performances via Peacock Premium and/or look up results.

Ice Dance: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...eason-news-updates.108446/page-9#post-6126637

Men: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...ason-news-updates.108445/page-23#post-6125703

Women: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...htness-of-beijing.108769/page-23#post-6125693

ETA link to Pairs: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...ews-updates-part-x.108528/page-9#post-6126848

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information