2022–23 Canadian Pairs: News and Updates

honey

Surprised by the timing of this, but not surprised that in the end they are not continuing. As mentioned up thread, this has to have been pretty sudden though. They had programs choreographed already.

It does make my antenna go up a bit wondering if there is already a potential partner for Trennt lined up…is there someone who recently became available that was too good to pass up? Having a hard time determining who that would be exactly, but the timing is curious to be sure.

danafan

Canadian ladies über
I wonder if Natasha Purich is interested in returning. She was rehabbing an injury and then her partner Bryce Chudak retired.

Habs

A bitch from Canada
Surprised by the timing of this, but not surprised that in the end they are not continuing. As mentioned up thread, this has to have been pretty sudden though. They had programs choreographed already.

It does make my antenna go up a bit wondering if there is already a potential partner for Trennt lined up…is there someone who recently became available that was too good to pass up? Having a hard time determining who that would be exactly, but the timing is curious to be sure.
Is Zabiiako still planning to skate for Canada?

Sk8mom123

I wondered that also

shutterbug

I wonder if Natasha Purich is interested in returning. She was rehabbing an injury and then her partner Bryce Chudak retired.
Oh dear lord, not yet another notch in Purich's skate guard. ;)

I did see a mention on Twitter that an "Alison S" is interested in skating pairs. Hmmmm........

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
Oh dear lord, not yet another notch in Purich's skate guard. ;)

I did see a mention on Twitter that an "Alison S" is interested in skating pairs. Hmmmm........
The same Alison S who did pairs with ZD a while ago?

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
I’m no expert on Canadian skating. But if Schizas (and Unvaccinated Girl whose name I forget) are the designated future in Canadian ladies, there sure is a gaping hole in Pairs. That might motivate Schumacher to switch back?

danafan

Canadian ladies über
I'd be happy to uber Schumacher in two disciplines if that's what she wants to do.

Anyway hopefully Michaud will find a suitable partner.

Seerek

I’m no expert on Canadian skating. But if Schizas (and Unvaccinated Girl whose name I forget) are the designated future in Canadian ladies, there sure is a gaping hole in Pairs. That might motivate Schumacher to switch back?

Not to reopen the can of worms, but I don't think it was ever confirmed what Kaiya Ruiter's status was (as it is, she's withdrawn from her competitions this summer due to nagging injuries).

Schumacher's 5'0" - on paper, it's a good match, but she's still got to work on projecting, imo.

Last edited:

Rock2

Just watched Max and Deanna's SP at Quebec summer skate.

Up until today they have been the team that has disappointed me the most. On paper I thought this was a perfect match but they have looked like oil and water - with barely mediocre packaging.

Today, a different story. Great program. All in black with a little fire (skated to Oblivion). They look like a match. Elements improved: the 3T has same entry and timing and the 3Tw shot out of the frame. 65 pts with a majorly botched throw and out of synch sbs spins. I'm on the Deanna and Max train, now. Thank you, sweet baby Jesus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information