2022–23 Canadian Ice Dance: News and Updates

Dobre

Yikes! Glad it is getting taken care of.

My close friend got better from her appendix surgery quite quickly. Of course, she didn't have to do all the crazy stuff these athletes have to do. But I'll agree it seems premature to worry about the rest of the season at this stage. We'll just see. (Sorry for the fans who were looking forward to seeing G&P at Nationals).

Last edited:

Lanie

the uberdom chooses YOU
My recovery was rough but my surgeon did a pretty terrible job (and even ordered no Tylenol, I should be able to handle the pain, so I was crying in pain in the hospital), so I hope Piper's recovery's going smoothly. I'll be sad to not see them at 4CCs if they choose not to go.

Andora

Skating season ends as baseball season begins
Hopefully Piper doesn't have longer-lasting effects that slow recovery. They're on a huge trajectory, for sure, but it's better they stand down now so they can bring it at Worlds.

But this is exactly why I'm pleased with how Lajoie & Lagha have handled this season. They're ranked third behind two teams well ahead of them in age, with at least one (FB&S) legit injured regularly. They're ready to go if they have to take advantage of an unfortunate opportunity. Good on them, and good for Canadian Ice Dance. :)

honey

Hopefully Piper can recover well and they can continue on strongly for the rest of the season.

Some bad luck for them with being able to add to their total of national titles though. Canceled in 2021, appendicitis in 2023. Not that number of national titles is the be all and end all, but I’m sure they would have liked to have been 4x national champions.

SkateFanBerlin

Though not a big dance nerd, I've come to appreciate Piper/Paul. It started with Both Sides Now from 2019. It was such a contrast to the breakneck, muscle-ly style so many had been "dancing" to. I hope they can hang in long enough to get the due they deserve.

paskatefan

Wishing Piper a full recovery! 4CC may be out of the question, depending on the recovery time, but hopefully Piper & Paul will be in fine shape to compete @ Worlds. 🙏 🙏 🙏

Sylvia

TBD
Bashynska/Beaumont Q&A article:
This season they are three-for-three in international competitions heading into the nationals, which will have them skating for the title on ‘home’ ice Tuesday and Wednesday.
InDurham caught up with the skaters, who will be looking to use the nationals as a springboard to a gold medal at the World Championship before graduating to the senior ranks next fall.
From late December:
Nadiia Bashynska uploaded her 17-minute JGPF vlog today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qVtAUbYiA8

yurokis40

HIGHWAY ROBBERY, another major mistake by the canadanes a fall not sanctioned, Marjo and Zach were the clear winners of this event, the gap in the rd was ridiculous you know the judges gave the canadanes a gap after the rd to ensure they would win even with a mistake which they of course made in the fd.

yurokis40

I don`t know why skate canada has so much confidence in the canadanes we can already predict they will screw up at worlds when it counts.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
I don`t know why skate canada has so much confidence in the canadanes we can already predict they will screw up at worlds when it counts.
Honestly, it doesn't matter which of FBSoer or LajLag gets sent to Worlds along with GilPoir. Even if GilPoir drop behind both ChoBat and GuiFab and finish 3rd at Worlds, the two teams Canada sends are going to finish high enough to earn back the 3 spots for next season. Say, FBSoer do have another mistake in the FD like they have at both the GPF and Canadian Nats today, they still aren't going to finish as far down as 10th in Saitama. And, even if they were able to capitalize on other teams mistakes, LajLag aren't going to finish higher than 6th at Worlds. Either way, Canada is good for 3 spots next season. Just chill. LajLag will be Canada #1 in another 2 years.

Unless Bashynska/Beaumont overtake them by then. :EVILLE:

yurokis40

Honestly, it doesn't matter which of FBSoer or LajLag gets sent to Worlds along with GilPoir. Even if GilPoir drop behind both ChoBat and GuiFab and finish 3rd at Worlds, the two teams Canada sends are going to finish high enough to earn back the 3 spots for next season. Say, FBSoer do have another mistake in the FD like they have at both the GPF and Canadian Nats today, they still aren't going to finish as far down as 10th in Saitama. And, even if they were able to capitalize on other teams mistakes, LajLag aren't going to finish higher than 6th at Worlds. Either way, Canada is good for 3 spots next season. Just chill. LajLag will be Canada #1 in another 2 years.

In what conditions? She didn't know what the results were while she was skating.
I think it was after the event when the results were known skate canada should decide after 4cc, if LALA beat the canadanes there , skate canada could have an egg on their face.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
I think it was after the event when the results were known skate canada should decide after 4cc, if LALA beat the canadanes there , skate canada could have an egg on their face.
LOL - you keep thinking that LajLag are going to be able to beat FBSoer this season. They couldn't do it today, not even with a clear mistake from Laurence in the FD and Nik messing up the twizzles in the RD.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
LOL - you keep thinking that LajLag are going to be able to beat FBSoer this season. They couldn't do it today, not even with a clear mistake from Laurence in the FD and Nik messing up the twizzles in the RD.
Yeah, but as unrealistic as.. some.. posters are, the general consensus seemed to be FB/S were going to run away with this and I saw comments that they were 'clearly' ahead, to which I replied that their NHK win didn't put them in the top tier for me. I thought it would be close, and it rightfully was.

FB/S may have an 'if they skate clean' advantage, but they don't always do it. L/L could certainly overtake them at 4CC with more mistakes or an off day, but I think FB/S will get named to Worlds today anyways. Poor Skate Canada with 🥚, then.

Bigbird

HIGHWAY ROBBERY, another major mistake by the canadanes a fall not sanctioned, Marjo and Zach were the clear winners of this event, the gap in the rd was ridiculous you know the judges gave the canadanes a gap after the rd to ensure they would win even with a mistake which they of course made in the fd.
What caused the fall? Did not watch.

Edit: waiting patiently for the L/L and B/B mash up. Lola is in another realm. Lovely as Nik may be he is just oftentimes shaky.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
What caused the fall? Did not watch.

Edit: waiting patiently for the L/L and B/B mash up. Lola is in another realm. Lovely as Nik may be he is just oftentimes shaky.
The culprit was Laurence’s skirt, she fell on a low sliding move when her boot got tangled with it. As many of us saw coming…

I’m not and never have been a LaLa fan, even when they were Juniors I thought they looked like two good technical skaters who found themselves skating together by accident. But that White Crow was damn good.

geoskate

Just chill. LajLag will be Canada #1 in another 2 years.

It could happen. She is superb, and he is also superb - and they appear to know how to handle pressure and skate consistently.

And then, the drama from certain posters . . . but probably Bashynska/Beamount's rise won't happen quite that quickly, so perhaps the posters are safe for a year or two.

Last edited:

yurokis40

All is not lost for LALA yet Sorensen`s knee can give out at any moment and if they choke again at 4cc I think skate canada will encourage them wink wink to give their worlds spot to lala.

Bigbird

Something tells me you wouldn't win at either of those things.
Oh no it has come to this now? But seriously that was a random fall, let's see how they do at 4CC then Worlds, then we'll know for sure if they know how to bring it when it counts if not, bring me some B/B please. I get Klimova vibes from her....:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information