2021/2022 Canadian Pairs: News and Updates

Sk8mom123

Looking forward to watching our juniors today. Can't wait to watch Brooke and Ben and see how they are doing. Anyone know what happened to William St. Louis and his partner?

danafan

Canadian ladies über
McIntosh and Mimar (as well as a "TBD") are on the list for jr at Bavarian Open. They need TES minimums for jr worlds so I expected to see them there. Not sure who else they will send or if there are other junior age eligible teams who need the minimums who might be considered following nationals.

puglover

There is a Manitoba pair team - Ava Kemp and Yohnstan Elizarov ( I think) who won Challenge in novice and look to have a bright future. Too bad they didn't get to compete at Canadians.

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
There is a Manitoba pair team - Ava Kemp and Yohnstan Elizarov ( I think) who won Challenge in novice and look to have a bright future. Too bad they didn't get to compete at Canadians.
Yohnatan Elizarov just competed in the Junior Men's event - he finished 9th. Ted mentioned that he also competes in Novice in Pairs.

Last edited:

puglover

Man - I was sure off with the spelling of his name. Not sure where I got that - sorry.

danafan

Canadian ladies über
Brooke McIntosh / Benjamin Mimar and Summer Homick / Marty Haubrich were named to jr worlds team, pending minimum TES. So I assume Summer Homick / Marty Haubrich will be the second team at Bavarian open.

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg
With Fredette/St. Louis splitting and Panetta/Thrasher not earning the required min score at their JGP, and then Homick/Haubrich missing the SP score by 0.85 at Bavarian, only McIntosh/Mimar are eligible for Jr Worlds as it stands. Will H/H get another chance somewhere along with Carignan/Pierro who were just behind H/H at Nationals? Or will Skate Canada do the more expected thing and throw in the towel?

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
With Fredette/St. Louis splitting and Panetta/Thrasher not earning the required min score at their JGP, and then Homick/Haubrich missing the SP score by 0.85 at Bavarian, only McIntosh/Mimar are eligible for Jr Worlds as it stands. Will H/H get another chance somewhere along with Carignan/Pierro who were just behind H/H at Nationals? Or will Skate Canada do the more expected thing and throw in the towel?
I don't think there are any other events where they would be able to get the TES min before Jr Worlds. Challenge Cup is only 2 weeks before Jr Worlds so it's too late.

wickedwitch

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg
Hmmm, I do wonder then where USFS plans/planned to get Rivers/Chapman (named first alternates) the minimums- seems strange to name a team an alternate without a plan to get them the mins?

ETA- thanks wickedwitch!

danafan

Canadian ladies über
Per the ISU list, Panetta/Trasher are eligible for jr worlds (the scores are 23 SP and 34 FP).

Chloe PANETTA / Kieran THRASHERCAN2021 John Nicks Pairs Challenge at Middle Atlantics09/09/202125.93JISU JGP Baltic Cup 202101/10/202141.03J

Aaron MB Fan

Congrats to Benjamin and Brooke on their win at the Bavarian Open, and even more importantly, getting the SP & LP TES minimums to compete at Junior Worlds!

And while you can't compare scores across competitions, their 103.26 would have placed 4th in the LP at Junior Worlds 2020, 0.32 out of 3rd. Great result! Hopefully they can get a Top 5 finish at Junior Worlds!!

Summer and Marty take the silver and at least got the LP TES minimums, but missed the SP minimum, so no Junior Worlds for them :(

danafan

Canadian ladies über
Justine Brasseur posted a retirement message on Instagram

Aaron MB Fan

Not sure if it had been confirmed before, but looks like Walsh/Michaud intend to stick around for an attempt at the 2026 Olympic Team.

“We are of course dissapointed we didn’t make the team but we have a new fire to make the 2026 Olympic team!”

crazy2skate

Not sure if it had been confirmed before, but looks like Walsh/Michaud intend to stick around for an attempt at the 2026 Olympic Team.

“We are of course dissapointed we didn’t make the team but we have a new fire to make the 2026 Olympic team!”
Well let’s hope they make some changes ….another 4 years of the same thing will not be very beneficial and boring !!!There are a couple new teams with great potential chasing their heels! There will be no guarantees as they have learned!

Seerek

The J/R Skip The Dishes commercial has had some decent rotation on the sports networks, I think I saw it for the first time around 2 weeks ago, (after nationals completed).

Aaron MB Fan

The J/R Skip The Dishes commercial has had some decent rotation on the sports networks, I think I saw it for the first time around 2 weeks ago, (after nationals completed).
This is also when I saw it as well. Beyond Eric & Vanessa, most of the Canadian Olympics marketing I have seen have focused on Gilles/Poirier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information