2020-21 Programs and Choreographers

muffinplus

umm......becaise Anna has been chosen as the golden one. Someone needs to have the most gold medals and as chosen. So it will happen. Anyone who does not like it can leave. Oh wait...they did.

Nah. But they do seem to know what works for Anna.

They have given Kostornaia decent programs in the past. 2017-2018 were really good. I also liked the Angel, but liked it better last season. I didn't mind last year's free as well, even though I know everyone hated it.

But Daria's programs are a mess. Je Suis Malade? Please don't make me love you? Hot mess. Khromykh also got Ghost. :scream:

aftershocks

Banned Member
.. maybe we should aim some vitriol at other skaters and coaches who have chosen to do so in the last 20 years too

:huh: Oh I suppose you are being sarcastic. It's been well more than 20 years that MJ's music has been used by skaters. But I guess you're referencing ever since the speculation, accusations and former trial in the aftermath of lawyers for one of the victims suing many years ago, that it's been at least 20 years since then that MJ's music has continued to be used in skating.

Yeah (I agree with your sarcasm), let's excoriate Robin Cousins for his 1980 exhibition to MJ's music, along with Nathan Chen, Tomas Verner, the ShibSibs, and countless other skaters who've used MJ's music for competitive, exhibition, or show programs.

For those who are against MJ's music ever being used again: Regardless of MJ's alleged abuse of two boys (whose parents surely knew what was going on), that doesn't negate his genius as a singer, songwriter, dancer and entertainer. MJ was physically and emotionally abused himself growing up. So where does the abuse end, we should probably ask. All kinds of horrific abuse is going on right now, including refugee children locked up in cages in America. Stuff that none of us would like to know about happens in many families. Abuse doesn't end with after-the-fact policing, finger-pointing, effrontery, outrage, or exclusion of prominent people revealed to be abusive. We have two alleged former abusers/ harassers sitting on the Supreme Court of the United States. Attempting to get at, uncover and understand the root human causes of abusive behaviors, and trying to start somewhere to educate ourselves and others, to communicate and to advocate for enacting programs and guidelines, as well as to promote legislation and therapeutic assistance for victims, might be more productive.

None of the victims' nightmares will end by throwing out or refusing to listen to any of MJ's music, music videos and/ or concerts. Quite often, those abused (e.g., MJ & R Kelly, et al) end up abusing others, which isn't an excuse for their behavior and choices.

Last edited:

Immortelle

Rejected by Krasnopolski
:huh: Oh I suppose you are being sarcastic. It's been well more than 20 years that MJ's music has been used by skaters. But I guess you're referencing ever since the speculation, accusations and former trial in the aftermath of lawyers for one of the victims suing many years ago.

Yeah, let's excoriate Robin Cousins for his 1980 exhibition to MJ's music, along with Nathan Chen, Tomas Verner, the ShibSibs, and countless other skaters who've used MJ's music for competitive, exhibition, or show programs.

Regardless of MJ's alleged abuse of two boys (whose parents surely knew what was going on), that doesn't negate his genius as a singer, songwriter, dancer and entertainer. MJ was physically and emotionally abused himself growing up. So where does the abuse end, we should probably ask. All kinds of horrific abuse is going on right now, including refugee children locked up in cages in America. Stuff that none of us would like to know about happens in many families. Abuse doesn't end with after-the-fact policing, finger-pointing, effrontery, outrage, or exclusion of prominent people revealed to be abusive. We have two alleged former abusers/ harassers sitting on the Supreme Court of the United States. Attempting to get at, uncover and understand the root human causes of abusive behaviors, and trying to start somewhere to educate ourselves and others, to communicate and to advocate for enacting programs and guidelines, as well as to promote legislation and therapeutic assistance for victims, might be more productive.

None of the victims' nightmares will end by throwing out or refusing to listen to any of MJ's music, music videos and/ or concerts. Quite often, those abused (e.g., MJ & R Kelly, et al) end up abusing others, which isn't an excuse for their behavior and choices.
Keep your wig on love, I was actually saying that quite a lot of skaters have chosen to skate to MJ over recent years and nobody has spoken out.
Probably because he was soooo cool and famous with his one freaking glove and gross pelvic thrusts, everyone thought what he was doing was fine and dandy.

I’m not excusing ANYONE. I am calling it out where I see it. So don’t jump all over me.

Geez my ignore list is growing...🙄

aftershocks

Banned Member
Keep your wig on love, I was actually saying that quite a lot of skaters have chosen to skate to MJ over recent years and nobody has spoken out.
Probably because he was soooo cool and famous with his one freaking glove and gross pelvic thrusts, everyone thought what he was doing was fine and dandy.

I’m not excusing ANYONE. I am calling it out where I see it. So don’t jump all over me.

Geez my ignore list is growing...🙄

Although I quoted you, I realized as I was writing my post that you were only pointing out to others the futility of dissing MJ's music since it's been used so often and endlessly over the years. That's why I acknowledged what appeared to be your sarcasm toward some of the scorched earth comments about continued use of MJ's music. I'm sorry that it looks as if I was singling you out, especially since you were actually pushing back on others' comments. It was not my intention to single you out. I was addressing some of the previous posts. I don't think your comments meant you were excusing anyone. I was pointing out that of course, those who have been subjected to abuse at any point in their lives, does not excuse such abused persons, in turn, abusing others.

MJ's talent btw was about more than 'one freaking glove and pelvic thrusts.'

I edited my previous post to indicate I agree with your reference to the fact that MJ's music has been used widely and often over the years, and that it's useless to expect his music to never be used or listened to ever again.

Last edited:

dramatheater

Amazing choice for SinKats! I was thrilled they chose 1 of my fav musicians! 😍 Though I'd prefer the songs to be original MJ ones (ala In the closet or Smooth criminal) & not the ones that he remade.
& wished the slower part being used less & the energetic one - more.
But OK I guess I wont be too picky.:cool: cant wait for test skates!

DobrinFan

Alexandra Trusova
FP: Romeo and Juliet
First part “ Kissing you “ by Craig Armstrong ,second part “Gentle night” by Abel Korzeniowski, third part “Montagues and Capulets” by Richard Clayderman

Choreo by S. Rozanov

Last edited:

Colonel Green

Alexandra Trusova
First part “ Kissing you “ by Craig Armstrong ,second part “Gentle night” by Abel Korzeniowski, third part “Montagues and Capulets” by Richard Clayderman

Choreo by S. Rozanov
Uh, really?

That seems like the exact opposite of Trusova’s strengths.

heartyxo

Alexandra Trusova

Choreo by S. Rozanov
:wall::huh:

Please no... whyyyyy..

mjb52

As someone who was once a teenage girl, I think there's a lot of teenage girl stuff going on here, but I don't want to go overboard with the psychological analysis. I am so excited to see the test skates though, these will have to be the most drama filled program reveals in years, especially with Medvedeva in Russia too. Do we know what she is skating to? And if Zagitova is participating?

Sylvia

TBD
... especially with Medvedeva in Russia too. Do we know what she is skating to?
Refer to post #1 of this thread. :)

Alexia Paganini’s program music:
SP: Beth Hart’s “Caught Out in the Rain”; choreo. by Lambiel and Salome Brunner
The new long program Lambiel did for Paganini has a Spanish theme and is set to the soundtrack from Hable con ella by Alberto Iglesias and to Le di a la caza alcance by Estrella Morente and Michael Nyman. Lambiel proposed the first song while Paganini found the second song.
Source: https://www.goldenskate.com/2020/08/switzerlands-paganini-sets-new-goals-after-coaching-change/

ChelleC

Anti-quad activist
Alexandra Trusova

Choreo by S. Rozanov

My first reaction to this :rofl:

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
If memory serves, Trusova's last exhibition program was more lyrical than anything she'd ever done, and there was talk back then that she wanted to stretch herself in that direction. So I'm not surprised. We'll see how it works out!

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Would it be very wrong of me to hope that we don’t get a skating season? The music choices are :yikes:
You know, you may be on to something there! Since the virus and lock downs seems to have rendered us out of our minds, it might be a good thing.

We can just call it The Lost Year.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Nah. But they do seem to know what works for Anna.

They have given Kostornaia decent programs in the past. 2017-2018 were really good. I also liked the Angel, but liked it better last season. I didn't mind last year's free as well, even though I know everyone hated it.

But Daria's programs are a mess. Je Suis Malade? Please don't make me love you? Hot mess. Khromykh also got Ghost. :scream:

They need Kostner working with them. They don't seem to realize that some of these pieces of music require depth of soul and breadth of life experience.

DobrinFan

Stanislava Konstantinova FP
“My love” by Kovacs
Tango theme from “Take the lead”
“The devil you know” by Kovacs
Choreography by Martine Dagenais

Last edited:

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
Mikhail Kolyada
SP: choreographed by T. Prokofieva
FP: choreographed by I. Averbukh
Source https://m.sportsdaily.ru/news/kolyada-proizvolnaya-programma-averbux
I am fearing for the FP...although Misha does miming quite well...I still love his "Nightmare before Christmas"-program so much and I really hope he goes back to this kind of programs. But knowing Averbukh it will be rather about some child suffering from hunger in Africa while hearing about the Bataclan attack in Paris and wishing world peace and saying: "DON'T CRY!" to everyone.

ETA: The headline actually says that Averbukh PROMISED to do Kolyada's new FP, but hasn't had time so far due to "Ice Age". But Mishina says that Averbukh usually keeps his promise and he is due to come to St. Petersburg this week.

I hope he will skate his Chaplin FP from last season. I liked it a lot.

Ka3sha

Boikova/Kozlovskii are keeping their James Bond LP

heartyxo

Boikova/Kozlovskii are keeping their James Bond LP

It grew on me but.... it's not the best. I much preferred their Nutcracker LP, even with the odd music cuts. I liked their SP though- I wish they'd kept that instead.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information