2020-21 Programs and Choreographers

seabm7

Young YOU - ISU bio

Choreographer:Yea ji Shin (SP), Lori Nichol(FS)

Music Short Program as of season 2020/2021
Istanbul Grooves by Yasar Akpence
Asterix & Obelix: Mission Cleopatra (soundtrack) by Philippe Chany
Music Free Skating / Free Dance as of season 2020/2021
Lord of the Rings (soundtrack) by Howard Shore, performed by The Piano Guys
May It Be (from Lord of the Rings: Fellowhip of the Ring) by Howard Shore
Lord of the Rings (soundtrack) by Howard Shore, performed by The Piano Guys

ostile17

Muramoto/Takahashi FD selections from La Bayadère:

La Bayadère Act 2 No.29 Andante by Leon Minkus

La Bayadère Act 2 No.30 Tempo Di Valse by Leon Minkus

La Bayadère No.37 Allegretto by Leon Minkus

La Bayadère No.39 Vivace by Minkus

RD:
The Business of Love (from "The Mask")

Let the Good Times Roll by Fleecie Moore and Sam Theard, arranged by Alexander Goldstein

Hey Pachuco! (from "The Mask")

Source ISU Bio

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Time to start the next one of these? Can one of us do it, or does a mod need to?

zigzig

Yelim KIM

SP: Lieberstraum by Liszt. choreo by Drew Meekins
FS: Love story OST by Francis Lay, choreo by Jeffrey Buttle (The same as last year)

(Official blog run by Yelim's uncle)
Wish she'd branch out from the fluff and try something a little cooler and more contemporary. Think she'd be great with her own minimalist moment (insert P Glass, M Richter, M Nyman, etc.).

Sylvia

TBD
Yelim KIM

SP: Liebestraum by Liszt. choreo by Drew Meekins
Since this is relevant to the 2020-21 programs/choreographers thread, Meekins posted 2 clips of his remote choreography process with Yelim Kim on March 13 (before she competed at 2021 Worlds): https://www.instagram.com/p/CMXleY6rN01/
Almost exactly one year ago, in the midst of a global lockdown, @yelimkim0123 and I began the project of creating her short program, Liebestraum. With all ice rinks closed, a 16-hour time difference, and 6000 miles apart, the project presented many challenges, but also many opportunities to innovate. I wanted to give a glimpse into that process through this post. Here you will see the final product of the program, which Yelim skated on her way to victory at the Korean national championships. You will also see how we started the program off-ice, in my living room, and the pattern animations I created to help Yelim understand the flow of the movement on the ice, even though I never stepped foot on the ice during the choreography process. Finally, you will see Yelim‘s first moments with the program on the ice in Korea. It takes diligent, detailed work, perseverance, and exceptional effort to create a program this way. Yelim has all of these qualities and more, and I am so overjoyed to see our hard work and innovation pay off with a national title and a trip to the world championships in a few weeks for her. For all of this, I thank her, and for her trust and commitment. I also want to thank others who have made this project and so many others possible: @sk8mixhugo for editing and composing a unique version of the music - a selection suggested by the great @yunakim for Yelim, fitting her style perfectly. Also to @profsk8rsassoc for their support and guidance this year and many others. Without their help my work would not be the same.
Link to download Music Selections by discipline for ISU Grand Prix & World Championships 2020-21 (from the ISU's 2021 Worlds event page)

Link to the new season (2021-22) Programs & Choreographers thread is pinned to the top of GSD: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/threads/2021-22-programs-and-choreographers.108268/

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information