Canadian ladies über
Remember, they still have 2 spots to Worlds. I think Schizas and Daleman would be named since Pineault is out for the season as it is and really is the only one who would probably make things complicated. Bausback would likely get (really) hammered on PCS, and isn't really deserving after Challenge anyways.I’m sure this decision won’t be easy, I’m not fully confident with Daleman. Her age, experience and speed should have her well ahead of these younger top ladies.
I agree. I don’t recall the last time Daleman skated with any emotion or expression at all. She looks like she’s skating 100% focused (and understandibly so) on mechanics. This was as low pressure a competition as she could have had, no fans, guaranteed to move on to Nationals and yet she still struggled. When she finished her look was like she was saying to herself “well that wasn’t a total disaster”. The risk with sending her is even if she skates well she’s no longer a top competitor compared to the Russian ladies and if she has one of “those” skates she will be certainly out of the top ten. I’ve always been a huge Gabby fan but sadly it seems her best days are behind her.I am also unsure if Daleman has the mental strength to pull it off, but I would assume she could keep in the top 12. Just as I would assume Alison could also be top 12. But thinking long term, the younger athletes may be benefit a lot more from this experience.
"And will then take into account, in no specific order, the following criteria:
- Placement at the 2019 ISU World Championships
- Placement and scores at the 2020 Canadian Championships
- Placement and scores at the 2020 ISU Four Continents Championships
- Season best international score from the 2019-2020, ISU Grand Prix Series, Senior International events and / or ISU Grand Prix Final
- Season best score from the 2020/21 ISU Grand Prix Series and 2020/2021 Skate Canada Challenge
- Demonstration of short and free skate international scores for a potential world placement in the top three flights at the 2021 ISU World Championships"
Competition and Performance Readiness
- Selected athletes must show competition and performance readiness through an on-ice monitoring session by Skate Canada between February 15 – 24, 2021
- Athletes who are injured must receive medical clearance to compete from Skate Canada’s Chief Medical Advisor 14 days prior to their first event at the 2021 ISU World Figure Skating Championships
Since the list says “senior international”, Schizas’ score would also count, even though it’s not an official season’s best.In terms of season best scores from 2019-2020 there's a virtual tie with Bausback, Pineault (who isn't skating this season), and Schumacher. Schizas doesn't have an official ISU season best score, but her score at Challenge Cup was similar to the other three.
2019-20 ISU SB total score top 3 CAN ladies + Daleman:In terms of season best scores from 2019-2020 there's a virtual tie with Bausback, Pineault (who isn't skating this season), and Schumacher. Schizas doesn't have an official ISU season best score, but her score at Challenge Cup was similar to the other three.
Sure but it isn't as though Gabby is setting the virtual skating comp world afire at the moment. Why hassle with trying to submit a video to get her in when there are 2 ladies who need the experience, especially if Canada loses a spot for next season.The ISU is going to have to come up with some sort of accommodation for skaters without minimums, so I don't think that forecloses sending Daleman (not to speak to whether I would or not).
The argument for sending her would be that, if she actually delivered, she'd be the best shot at keeping two.Sure but it isn't as though Gabby is setting the virtual skating comp world afire at the moment. Why hassle with trying to submit a video to get her in when there are 2 ladies who need the experience, especially if Canada loses a spot for next season.
I agree, Gabby has experience but definitely had a tough couple seasons to be putting worlds and Olympic spots on her could be a lot.I'd say MS for sure and second spot depending on current monitoring.
Per her latest Instagram Story, Madeline was just accepted into the University of Toronto. She had talked about pursuing higher education in her interview with Ted during Challenge.
I'm surprised, based on this season, but hey, she was the National Champion last year.New article today on Emily Bausback.
She will be monitored.