2019 Minto Summer Skate (Ontario CAN), July 25-28

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Is the schedule EST or CST? Shouldn't senior pairs be starting? Of if CST, it's in an hour?

JasperBoy

Stayin inside
I can understand that there isn't a formal Kiss N Cry area, but couldn't they supply a few chairs for the skaters. Their legs must be jelly after their skates.

Amy L

Zach has good footwork in lifts and he's clearly very strong. Always refreshing to see a junior pair (or senior, looking at you Mariano...) that isn't scary.

Panetta/Mimar. Ponderous music, teeny tiny twists and throws. Next.

I showed up late, gotta catch up on all the other pairs besides the last two.

Catherine M

I figured there was a good chance both Lubov/Charlie and Justine/Mark withdrew when I only saw Camille/Drew and Lori-Ann/Thierry warming up during the jr pairs.

Amy L

I have nothing better to do with my life. And hell, it's skating anyways, so I'll stick around even though I didn't find any of these pairs interesting last year. Hopefully there have been a lot of improvements over the summer.

Amy L

R/W: some interesting choreographic elements, but they are in no tecknik.

Colonel Green

Camille had that surgery a few months ago, so I'm glad to see her back in reasonable form. The team's usual problems are of course still there.

Catherine M

I have nothing better to do with my life. And hell, it's skating anyways, so I'll stick around even though I didn't find any of these pairs interesting last year. Hopefully there have been a lot of improvements over the summer.

I'm interested in the debut of Wang & Boudreau-Audet as a team so i'm sticking it out too

Colonel Green

Francis definitely wouldn't have been "feeling good" if that spin error had moved him a bit further to the left.:yikes:

That aside, very side SBS jumps, and again, this is a super-new team. Based on what we saw here, I could certainly imagine them being successful in the future.

Catherine M

Too bad about the missed sbs spin by Frank but lots of potential for Wang/Boudreau-Audet. Hopefully they'll get sent out this fall to a B international

Amy L

So terrible trash covers of songs are just what we're all gonna stick with from now on, huh?

Nevermind. Other than me hating that cover, pretty good debut for Wang/Boudreau-Audet! Besides the spin issues, they gel together quite well.

Catherine M

:yikes:poor Gamez tripping over nothing at the beginning and looks like she's skating through molasses too.

Amy L

I think the rando tripping affected her, though she seemed to calm down at the end of the program. On a shallow note, they are both ridiculously attractive people and they look very good together.

Last edited:

danafan

Canadian ladies über
There have been a lot of WD in different events so far. I'm hoping my favourite ladies are all entered! The Decelles and Long are there per instagram so....

And Pineault posted on her facebook page that she was skating so yay!

danafan

Canadian ladies über
Oh Kim Decelles...clean 3toe-2toe then pops the next two jumps and a random stumble in there. It's hard being the Canadian ladies uber!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information